Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > In Car Electronics > Dash Cam - Opinions please
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 3 of 3 <123
Print this entire topic · 
IanMetro

United Kingdom 2014 Freelander 2 SD4 Metropolis LE Auto Fuji White

I bought my rear camera for the Nextbase 512GW (front) camera for £45.

It is quite small and neat and comes with an adhesive mount and about 6 metres of cable. Power is taken via signal cable from front camera.

You need to connect camera via Nextbase app (on computer) to internet to get latest software update to enable camera to work.
Then I ran the cable from front to back by prising down passengers side headlining slightly and tucking cable in out of sight.
Enough cable was left to allow rear hatch to open and surplus was tucked above headlining between hatch hinges.
Rear camera was placed in top middle of rear window, within the wiped area, looking between heating elements.
The camera was recognised as soon as pluging and power applied.

On-board display (front & rear) is picture in picture, and recordings are made to SD card in two separate HD simultaneous files. Both display on computer, independantly, full screen, with normal time, speed, GPS, acceleration, etc, etc.

Very pleased with the result.

Nextbase support were very prompt and helpful, when I had a bit of finger trouble during installation. FL2 XS SD4 Auto 2010 2012-2017 (21k - 91k miles) (MY2011)
FL2 Metropolis SD4 Auto 2014 2017- (16k - 76k+ miles) (MY2015)

Post #354016 26th Jul 2018 9:31 pm
SYFL2

2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Stornoway Grey

I was on the verge of going to Halfords for a dash cam same as mentioned earlier I found the wiring kit is £20 but they will fit it for £30,it's for my wives Nissan which has been reversed into yet again this time with a tow bar jeez some impact it punched through the number plate and pushed all the grill out,some members said they wouldn't let Halfords near their car so if anyone has experience with Halfords Queens Road Sheffield I would be interested to hear from them.

Post #354021 27th Jul 2018 10:55 am
RogB

England 2013 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Lux Auto Santorini Black

I had a parrot hands free kit fitted into one of my old FL2 by Halfords Mansfield a couple of years ago, they triggered the hazard protection system which set the hazards on, shut the fuel off, and immobilised the car outside their store.

Took them a while to figure out they had disturbed another fuse in the foot well box which the car interpreted as a crash

If your not confident in Halford and you can find the best fuse to piggy back onto fitting a dash cam should be relatively easy to DIY.

Post #354022 27th Jul 2018 11:29 am
Arctic

United Kingdom 2014 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Auto Orkney Grey

Hi guys what fuse are you all piggy backing from in the passenger fuse box behind the glove box please, and is it a fuse that power down when ignition is switched off, then power back up when ignition is started all methods & opinions appreciated but a direct fuse given would be good cheers.

Post #364180 20th Jan 2019 11:42 am
SYFL2

2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Stornoway Grey

20 rings a bell but someone will know for sure.

Post #364186 20th Jan 2019 12:40 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 3 of 3 <123