« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > Maintenance & Modifications > Freelander 2 2013 Aircon Issue
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
FlyingOwl

United Kingdom 2013 Freelander 2 SD4 Dynamic Auto Fuji White
Freelander 2 2013 Aircon Issue

Hi guys have had my Freelander for a a week a love it, unfortunately I found out the air con was not working, so I did the first thing and had it regassed, still not working, I then had the pump and clutch checked out, just got a call from the the garage who say it's quite a complex issue, and could be software related, it's for sending a signal for the correct pressure or something from the car .
This sounds like a very expensive job, does anyone have any knowledge on this or experiences similar.

Many thanks

Post #351753 19th Jun 2018 11:05 am
Yorky Bob

United Kingdom 2013 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Firenze Red

As it’s a new car too you can it be proved the cabin filter has recently been changed. Filter cost not a lot but it’s a stand on your head job to do so it’s ignored. If it was clogged no air reaches the sensors and it may be as simple as that. Also the AC drain pipe under the centre console gets blocked, another short and cheap fix by just unblocking it. Hope it’s that’s simple. FL2 MY10 TD4 GS traded in at 2 years
FL2 MY13 TD4 GS Current

Post #351763 19th Jun 2018 4:14 pm
FlyingOwl

Hi thanks for getting back to me, garage has just got back to me where it been in for investigation, they have advised me it needs a new clutch , and that it's not moving at all , they did an hour investigation intially before this and first thing they checked was the function of the clutch which was free, have quoted me just under £250 for the part fitted, have no idea if that about right it not,

Post #351767 19th Jun 2018 4:55 pm
Yorky Bob

Totally confused 🤷‍♀️ it’s fine (clutch on AC ) and then not fine ? FL2 MY10 TD4 GS traded in at 2 years
FL2 MY13 TD4 GS Current

Post #351779 19th Jun 2018 6:53 pm
FlyingOwl

Hi sorry for the confusion, when they initially did the fault finding under the bonnet the first thing they checked was that the clutch was free and not rusted up which it was so then they moved on , they then thought it was maybe a software issue, on further investigation when they have took the pump out , the actual clutch is not working at all, so this needs to be replaced , and they quoted me £250 for that work to be done with the nessacary parts and labour

Post #351781 19th Jun 2018 7:42 pm
Yorky Bob

So they did not just turn the AC on and off to see if the clutch engaged or not. Thud Banging Head If this car was a private sale your stuffed but if not get the retailer to sort this FOC. FL2 MY10 TD4 GS traded in at 2 years
FL2 MY13 TD4 GS Current

Post #351788 19th Jun 2018 8:32 pm
FlyingOwl

Hi yeah am not to sure regards that but it's a garage I trust and have been going there for 10year.
It was not a private sale but from a cars sale company though they are not a big well known firm.
Where do I stand in trying to recover some of the costs , I emailed them about this fault the very next day, they did offer to have it back but it was a 3 hour drive.
If they dig there heels in , what procedure should I follow, as I know I have more rights about stuff like this , than if I was to purchase from a private seller .
Thanks for all your time and help

Post #351794 19th Jun 2018 8:39 pm
Yorky Bob

Go to the Honest John web site and read all he has to say about your consumer rights. As you have involved a garage not involved with the sale of the car to you or a garage given authority to work on it via the retailer you have somewhat complicated the matter I suspect. FL2 MY10 TD4 GS traded in at 2 years
FL2 MY13 TD4 GS Current

Post #351795 19th Jun 2018 9:00 pm
FlyingOwl

Once again thanks for the great advice, yes I did suspect that, as I think I should allow them to rectify the fault first. Hopefully can sort something out with them over the phone.
Thank you Smile

Post #351798 19th Jun 2018 9:09 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1