Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > Wheels & Tyres > H/T or A/T
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
globe

H/T or A/T

So I have got rid of the monster 20" rims and gone to some more sedate 17"'s. Due to a miscommunication I have ended up with some BridgeStone Dueler H/T's whereas I was after A/T - like I said can't balme anyone we just had a miscommunication.

What I am after advice on is whether i should go back and change them. My typical driving is 99% on road, I am going on some offroad driving courses in the next couple of weeks but that will mainly be on paddocks, beaches and on tame tracks on the local 4WD course (the ones that wont scratch or damage your car). My goal is to have the skills and confidence so I can go along some of the sensational beaches we have here in NZ. Not go bush bashing or hard core off roading - Not that you can in a FL2 but you get my drfit.

I also drive up to the snow and need 4WD maybe two days a year out of 5-8 weekends of skiing.

Given what I do and what I plan to do would the advice be to take the pain and swap now, leave as is since they should be fine, or to let these die then decide. Unsure of the cost to swap up to the A/T but I am guessing it will be another 2-300 dollars. The dude at the tyre shop reckons these H/T are road tyres and "gentle" off road and are good for what I want...

Appreciate any advice, cheers

Post #350985 7th Jun 2018 4:54 am
globe

Sorry, I forgot to add that I drive gravel roads about every couple of weeks also, cheers

Post #350986 7th Jun 2018 5:11 am
ronp

Scotland 

Your tyres will be fine, it's the vehicle that gives the off road ability.

In the UK, Land Rover Eperience Centres (off road courses) run their vehicles on standard road tyres.
That's so the customer can see what the vehicles are capable of (& its kinder to the environment.) FL2 now gone and have a couple of items left for sale:-

Brodit active iPhone holder + Brodit dash clip,
Bluetooth Music Streaming Module.

Post #350989 7th Jun 2018 7:48 am
globe

Thanks, that's really good to know, you trawl the web and there's so many opinions out there its good to hear from someone with the same vehicle who knows what the manufacturers do. Thumbs Up

Post #350991 7th Jun 2018 7:55 am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1