Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > Off Topic > One for the shotgun shooters
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
Print this entire topic · 
MartynB

United Kingdom 2009 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Auto Zermatt Silver

Hi which of the CENS models did you buy ? I’ve just finished a mass eBay sell off of my motorbike gear and excess fly fishing gear , so I’ve got a few bob looking for a home . As I do a lot of clays I’ve wondered about the competition version which has a complete mute programme , but I’m also wondering about the clay / game mode . Any info would be gratefully received 2009 GS Auto Zermatt Silver - Sold June 21 after 10 years of ownership

2016 Subaru Outback SE 2.0 diesel SE Premium Lineartronic Sold 2024 after 8 years and 80k miles . Best Car I ever owned !

2023 Toyota Hilux invincible X 2.8 Auto .

Post #343164 23rd Feb 2018 9:04 pm
archie98

England 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Auto Stornoway Grey

I have the cens mino can't afford custom one's they are very good and comfortable to use, the safety wire or whatever it was is naff so my mate made me one from bright yellow whipping silk or something from one of his fishing poles.
You can hear people talking bird's song and any normal sound's but cuts the report of the gun I have been very pleased with them

Post #343183 23rd Feb 2018 9:50 pm
90vanman

England 2012 Freelander 2 eD4 XS Manual Rimini Red

MartynB wrote:
Hi which of the CENS models did you buy ? I’ve just finished a mass eBay sell off of my motorbike gear and excess fly fishing gear , so I’ve got a few bob looking for a home . As I do a lot of clays I’ve wondered about the competition version which has a complete mute programme , but I’m also wondering about the clay / game mode . Any info would be gratefully received
Hi,I have ordered the 1E 'budget' electronic, only recently released at £324 plus the charge for ear impressions. They still have not arrived, supposed to be a fortnight, but a little over that now. As I said before, I had the solid plugs which were miles better than the foam sort, and I am told that these electronic ones are as good as the Peltors I use since losing the CENS solid plug. Dave Corre ction to earlier, £324 including impressions, have tried them today for several hours and they are wonderful, definitely worth the money....just got to get the FL2 back, fingers crossed tomorrow.

Last edited by 90vanman on 5th Mar 2018 1:13 am. Edited 1 time in total

Post #343228 24th Feb 2018 4:49 pm
MartynB

United Kingdom 2009 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Auto Zermatt Silver

I’ve used the solid silicone plugs with a passive filter in them for 20 odd years . I can’t get on with ear defenders as no matter which brand I’ve tried I feel they are restrictive , but I do like the versality of the electronic Peltors . I’m hoping that there will be some discount available at the Northern Shooting Show in May , as if I can get the right price they are looking like a good piece of kit . 2009 GS Auto Zermatt Silver - Sold June 21 after 10 years of ownership

2016 Subaru Outback SE 2.0 diesel SE Premium Lineartronic Sold 2024 after 8 years and 80k miles . Best Car I ever owned !

2023 Toyota Hilux invincible X 2.8 Auto .

Post #343237 24th Feb 2018 7:50 pm
90vanman

Hi, I have used these plugs a few times now, and find the only downside to them is that the background noise...talking, others shooting and so on seems to be amplified, easy to get used to and gunfire really is quietened down. All in all excellent value for money! Dave

Post #345032 15th Mar 2018 2:18 pm
90vanman

Hi, an update to previous postings, having used these for a few weeks I have made a discovery ...........they are bloody expensive to run! They use the hearing aid batteries zinc-air or somesuch, which after unpackaging start a 200 odd hour life. Where using them in a hearing aid means that they will go for maybe a week, when used for about six hours a week they are mostly wasted. There is no way of stopping these cells from discharging, so they are, as I said, quite expensive. All that said, they are exceptional ear protection! Dave

Post #347703 17th Apr 2018 9:58 pm
90vanman

Another update, the CENS 1Es are brilliant, the batteries are not too bad and I find that they are good into the third week. I shoot twice a week usually, and have also bought a Beretta A400 xplor xcel, in a delicate blue hue with all the toys....eg kickoff etc. My first semi-auto and definitely gorgeous!!! No difference in kick between Cynergy and A400 nothing noticeable from either.

Post #357241 19th Sep 2018 8:11 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12