« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > In Car Electronics > XTRONS PA77DLRPL
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 16 <123 ... 141516>
Print this entire topic · 
ebear

Czech Republic 2010 LR2 SD4 XS Auto Stornoway Grey

Hello Drummel,

- Sound goes only on small speaker delivered with PA77, nothing from car speakers
I didn't had this issue, please ask "Trekker 1972". He had the same issue and solved this.

- No connection on antena, so no radio.
Yes this is correct the Xtrons has no radio. But the original radio stays available, so I didn't arrange this. Also I bought a DAB+ module for DAB radio, but I didn't had time to install this.

- I could not find a switched power (ACC In). I guess on original equipment starting of devices are controlled through the MOST ring ?
The basic cabling for the Xtrons is Plug and Play. For what you need a switched power?

Best regards,

Eric

Post #342733 19th Feb 2018 7:19 pm
Drumel

France 2011 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Auto Stornoway Grey

hello Ebear,

Thank you for your quick answer. When using delivered harness to connect PA77, I have only permanent 12V supply. Therefore device stays in function even if motor is stopped and keys removed. After check, the yellow wire (+12V) and the normally red wire (ACC In) have both permanent power supply.

Post #342772 20th Feb 2018 9:03 am
Trekker1972

Italy 2011 Freelander 2 SD4 S Auto Stornoway Grey

Hello Drummel,

Quote:
- Sound goes only on small speaker delivered with PA77, nothing from car speakers

To solve this problem you have to connect the "FRONT-OUT-L" white RCA and "FRONT-OUT-R" red RCA connectors of the cable "E" to the respective "AUX-IN-L" and "AUX-IN-R" of the cable "H".
Click image to enlarge

In the picture attached you can see a photo of the XTRONS label that shows the electrical connections of its cables.
The letters from "A" to "H" corresponds to the blue socket plugs in the rear part of the body. You have to plug the connector of the supplied cables in these sockets.

In the other picture you can see the connections of my navi. Remeber that you have to connect all the cables supplied also for a basic installation without the optional modules.

Quote:
- I could not find a switched power (ACC In). I guess on original equipment starting of devices are controlled through the MOST ring ?

I have a MY 2011 with mid-range audio system (Alpine) and I haven't connected any other signal for power supply. The power supply comes from the ISO gray connector and it works well without any modifications: when you turn on the radio or start the engine the XTRONS will be powerd on. When you stop the engine the XTRONS will be powered off only when you remove the key.

Best regards,
Paolo MY11 SD4 S

www.spritmonitor.de/en/detail/676513.html

Last edited by Trekker1972 on 22nd Feb 2018 9:34 am. Edited 2 times in total

Post #342912 21st Feb 2018 4:29 pm
ebear

Czech Republic 2010 LR2 SD4 XS Auto Stornoway Grey

Hello Trekker,

For the power off, you will also find settings in the Android settings menu. These can delay the power off after the key is removed. I think this is also the reason why the constant ACC is connected.

Regards,

Eric

Post #342920 21st Feb 2018 6:22 pm
johnny_22_83

Romania 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Auto Sumatra Black

Does anyone know if the unit can be used with the original headrest monitors (RCA connectors)?
As I see in the pictures you've posted it seems the unit has video out (RCA), but I've emailed the producer and his answer was "sorry, this unit doesn't have video output, it can't support this function".
This is kind of confusing Confused

Post #344178 6th Mar 2018 9:13 am
jutrem

Canada 2008 LR2 i6 HSE Auto Tonga Green

To output to the Land Rover headset monitors (Rear Entertainment System) from the XTrons PA77DLRPL get a portable HDMI to AV out (RCA) adapter. Connect it to the (XTrons) HDMI out and power it from one of the USB connector. Then run a RCA cable from the glove box to the back seat (monitor inputs) under the center console. I'll post pictures of my setup when I get a chance.

Post #344433 8th Mar 2018 2:17 pm
gerrardrocks

United Kingdom 2011 Freelander 2 SD4 Dynamic Auto Fuji White

This looks ideal for me, my nav screen has the dreaded flicker and I’d love to add usb (and possibly dab) but have a couple of questions about it if anyone could help?
1) I’ve got the alpine system, providing I get the MOST shunt adapter, will I be able to get sound through my proper alpine speakers (even if in aux mode) without any unsightly wires to the aux socket?
(No point getting excited about mp3 if they only play through the wee speaker)
2) if I get the dab adapter, has anyone tried an adapter to try and use the existing aerial?
3) I see this unit has Bluetooth, I take it there’s no issue with continuing to use my existing Landrover system? I’d much rather retain my steering wheel control
Thanks in advance!

Post #344650 11th Mar 2018 1:06 pm
jutrem

Canada 2008 LR2 i6 HSE Auto Tonga Green

@gerrardrocks

Didn't have any issues with audio out with the "Alpine' system and the PA77DLRPL. There is an additional aux audio in on the main (Xtrons) harness if needed. The XTrons plays mp3, mp4a, Flac formats, but the sound quality is better when playing mp3's directly from the factory "Alpine' unit. I would actually like to configure the XTrons speaker for navigation only, right now I've unplugged it.

1) I’ve got the alpine system, providing I get the MOST shunt adapter, will I be able to get sound through my proper alpine speakers (even if in aux mode) without any unsightly wires to the aux socket?
(No point getting excited about mp3 if they only play through the wee speaker)

Sorry, I'm in Canada no "dab".

2) if I get the dab adapter, has anyone tried an adapter to try and use the existing aerial?

All the original Land Rover "Alpine' system features still work. You can use Bluetooth on both the Xtrons unit and the factory unit independently. The factory unit will even lower the volume and/or switch off the Xtrons sound when using Bluetooth for phone calls.

3) I see this unit has Bluetooth, I take it there’s no issue with continuing to use my existing Landrover system? I’d much rather retain my steering wheel control
Thanks in advance!

Post #345396 20th Mar 2018 2:50 am
gerrardrocks

United Kingdom 2011 Freelander 2 SD4 Dynamic Auto Fuji White

Thanks for the answers, much appreciated!Think I'm going to go for it, will be worth it for the navigation update alone tbh - no new updates for the DVD based system anyway.

I've a shunt adapter arrived now so going to go ahead with the xtrons, then if I like it will try get DAB going at a later time.

Post #345480 20th Mar 2018 10:20 pm
markallday

2007 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Manual Zermatt Silver
Xtron now I’m worried

I bit the bullet and got the unit which arrived today there seems to be a mountain of wires, do they plug into the existing head unit once plugged into the Xtron? Or do I take the plugs/wires from the existing head unit and plug these into the Xron wire harnesses sorry for the questions I was feeling quite confident until I saw all the wires

I’ve got the LR part for the day Nav I’m taking out, I just hope I get the sound out of the existing speakers

Where do you get the power from, time to take the car apart at the weekend

Post #346593 5th Apr 2018 2:16 pm
johnny_22_83

Romania 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Auto Sumatra Black

Does anyone uses Waze on this unit?
How does it run? (sudden shut down, any lag)

Post #347767 19th Apr 2018 8:16 am
markallday

2007 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Manual Zermatt Silver

Hi
I do works perfectly but I do hotspot my phone to the head unit. The DAB radio isn’t very good so I also use Tunein which is internet radio which is great. I have a big data plan so it’s ok

Post #347787 19th Apr 2018 12:01 pm
Steven.T

United Kingdom 2009 Freelander 2 TD4_e GS Manual Lago Grey

I've been looking at this unit, latest android software which is always a bonus. The one thing putting me off is my car. Its got an Alpine sound system with subwoofer, so I assume its fibre optic. Not sure if this xtrons thing will work, I can't seem to find a definite answer. I think it would be brilliant for the cameras and navigation and stuff, I currently just have a cubby hole!

Post #348598 30th Apr 2018 6:24 pm
RazMan

United Kingdom 2012 Freelander 2 SD4 XS Auto Fuji White

Similar reservations here too. I would hate to lose my steering wheel controls and sub woofer. In the end I decided to get a gvif unit solely for the reversing camera. Cheers,
Raz
FL1 TD4 GS Auto 2001 Silver
FL2 TD4 Auto 2007 Black
FL2 XS SD4 Auto 2012 Fuji White

Post #348606 30th Apr 2018 7:29 pm
bnicho

Australia 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Sumatra Black

Hi,

I am also interested in feedback on these units.

- Do the steering wheel controls talk to it at all? At least for changing USB tracks? (not phone calls)
- When you put the car into reverse, does it activate the camera, regardless if the unit was already switched on?

Mine is a 2007 GS so basic CD and no MOST ring.

Thanks,
Brett. Brett Nicholson
Greendale, Victoria
2007 Freelander 2 GS ex-UK now in Aus!
1973 Land Rover Series 3 88 ex-UK
1965 Morris Mini Traveller ex-UK
1966 Austin Mini Super-Deluxe ex-UK
1971 Morris Mini Moke
2013 Toyota Prado

Post #348652 1st May 2018 7:17 am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 16 <123 ... 141516>