« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > Duckworth Parts > EGR valve, FL2. 2008
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
3rdonefreo

England 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Auto Indus Silver
EGR valve, FL2. 2008

Hi Dan , can you give me a price for a EGR valve, FL2. 2008. Is there a blanking kit option. Have been told this is illegal, others say it is good for mpg
And performance. Your thought s much appreciated. Malc.

Post #344877 13th Mar 2018 6:48 pm
ianbevan

Wales 

They are easy to blank, made a plate myself from a bit of steel. Had to do it when the EGR started to leak water into the turbo. Bypassed the EGR on the cooling side then blocked the gases at the front of the engine. Been ok mpg is the same to be honest. Got a replacement EGR to go on when I get the time.

Post #344878 13th Mar 2018 7:03 pm
3rdonefreo

England 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Auto Indus Silver

Yes, thanks for info, will probably fit another EGR. Malc

Post #344904 13th Mar 2018 11:08 pm
freelander2002

England 2010 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Auto Santorini Black

im in the process of getting a new egr fitted after mine failed. Big Cry 2010 HSE SD4 in Santorini black
(Privacy glass, leather/heated seats, ICE, Verde AS M+S)

2002 Freelander GS TD4
(sold 2011)

Post #344911 14th Mar 2018 7:10 am
duckworthparts
Site Sponsor

Hi

New EGR £214.00inc vat Sophie Alltoft

Send a paypal payment direct using this link www.paypal.me/duckworthparts

www.duckworthparts.co.uk
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/duckworthparts/
My Direct Line: 01673 849873
Email: sophie.alltoft@duckworth.co.uk
Supplier of Genuine Land Rover & Jaguar Parts For All Models

Can also supply OEM & Aftermarket parts

Post #344955 14th Mar 2018 11:44 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
oldgeezer

United Kingdom 2013 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Baltic Blue

Simple

asked the DVSA for their response to fitting an EGR blanking valve and they said : "DVSA's priority is to help you keep your vehicle safe to drive, ensuring that it meets required roadworthiness and environmental standards. Vehicles may fail the MoT where emissions control equipment has been tampered with but irrespective of the MoT such modification is an offence*. DVSA continues to work with DfT to persue such offences, including taking disciplinary action against any MoT garages found to be conducting modifications."

* Road vehicles (construction and use) regulations (Regulation 61a(3)). Removal of an EGR valve, diesel particulate filter etc. will almost invariably contravene these requirements, making the vehicle illegal for road use. The potential penalties for failing to comply with Regulation 61a are fines of upto £1000 for a car or £2500 for a light goods vehicle.

Your insurance may also be invalid by tampering or removing emission equipment. I think vehicles caught should be crushed Jaguar x-type sport gone
Jaguar x-type 2.2d sport one of my best cars ever sadly gone
Freelander 2 GS auto 2008 most unreliable ever ! gladly gone
Freelander 2 GS manual 2013 only time will tell !

Post #344957 14th Mar 2018 11:53 am
dennij

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Zermatt Silver

Vehicles caught should be crushed? That's a little extreme, each vehicle is set an emissions target which it has to meet at each MOT test, if you modify the emissions in any way you risk failing the MOT. There is an argument for blanking off an EGR and I'm sure many on here would only be to happy to explain their reasons for doing so. Removing a DPF is a different matter entirely and I doubt there are many, if any, on here that has gone to those extremes. I haven't heard of anyone who has fitted an EGR blanking plate to any vehicle that has caused the vehicle to fail the current MOT test and an examiner would be unlikely to check to see if one is fitted as it would normally involve the removal of the engine cover or floor pan, both of which the examiner would not do.

The wording here pretty much says it all in that it states quite clearly the word "Removal" and not "blanking off of"

* Road vehicles (construction and use) regulations (Regulation 61a(3)). Removal of an EGR valve, diesel particulate filter etc. will almost invariably contravene these requirements, making the vehicle illegal for road use. The potential penalties for failing to comply with Regulation 61a are fines of upto £1000 for a car or £2500 for a light goods vehicle.

For the OP, Land Rover do not do an EGR blanking plate for any of their models, however if you wanted to go down this route then I suggest you do a search on here to find out what, if any benefits could be had by carrying out this modification.

Post #344963 14th Mar 2018 12:40 pm
oldgeezer

United Kingdom 2013 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Baltic Blue

But here's the question.
So your ok with a DPF removed.
Do you understand what an EGR does and why its so important to reduce emissions.?

Bypassing or blanking off or removing an EGR radically increases Nox ! which is currently a hot topic.
The EGR recirculates exhaust gases into the inlet manifold to reduce the oxygen content in the combustion chamber to reduce temperature's on the piston crown which reduces Nox.
Temperature's over 12-1300 degrees c in the combustion chamber ramp up Nox massively.

Tampering with emission related equipment is now a traffic offence and can result in fines upto £2500 and road side checks and road side inspections are occurring and its very easy to establish if an EGR has been tampered with or even mapped as with DPF or cat removal. Jaguar x-type sport gone
Jaguar x-type 2.2d sport one of my best cars ever sadly gone
Freelander 2 GS auto 2008 most unreliable ever ! gladly gone
Freelander 2 GS manual 2013 only time will tell !

Post #344967 14th Mar 2018 1:34 pm
dennij

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Zermatt Silver

oldgeezer, at no point did I say I was OK with DPF removal so not sure where you got that from.Yes I am fully aware of the EGR process and why it was introduced as well as the effects on either it's removal or blanking off but thank you for detailing it for others who may not fully understand it's function.

I think you will also find that at no point did I recommend that the OP carry out the EGR blank, I advised that they read up on the forum to familiarise themselves with the pro's and cons of doing so

Post #344968 14th Mar 2018 1:52 pm
ianbevan

Wales 

I am not for blanking the EGR got 3 other cars with them and not touch them. All I have done is a quick fix to a FL2 that is insured for 5000 miles a year.

Post #344977 14th Mar 2018 4:33 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1