Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > Off Topic > Car Park Spaces Not Wide Enough .......
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Largered

Car Park Spaces Not Wide Enough .......

....... then get yourself one of these ....

Click image to enlarge

Real photo ...... no photoshop .......... he removes it each time he drives the vehicle and replaces it when parked.

................ Whistle Whistle Whistle

Post #341544 5th Feb 2018 5:21 pm
Lightwater

Ukraine 2013 Freelander 2 2.0T SE Auto Fuji White

Put some strips on the car!

Click image to enlarge
 Procrastination, mankind's greatest labour saving device!

Acoustic insulation ARB TPMS 3xARB air compressors After cooler Air tank On-board OCD pressure air/water cleaning Additional 50L fuel Carpet in doors ABE 2x1kg Waeco 28L modified fridge Battery 4x26ah Solar 120w Victron MPPT 100/20 DC-DC 18amps 175amp jumper plug Awning 6x255/60R18

Post #341548 5th Feb 2018 6:13 pm
Largered

He could retro fit some of those Rubber 'Sanitary Towels' Citroen use on their Cactus model ......

Whistle Whistle

Post #341552 5th Feb 2018 6:35 pm
LR NUT

Scotland 2014 Freelander 2 TD4_e Dynamic Manual Fuji White

Lightwater wrote:
Put some strips on the car!
Click image to enlarge

Remember to paint them Whistle MY14 Kahn Converted Dynamic - Fuji White Ebony/Pimento Interior
MY15 Xenon Headlight Conversion

MY17 RRS SVR - Estoril Blue Cirrus/Ebony 🪣💺’s

Post #341557 5th Feb 2018 7:55 pm
Largered

LR NUT ..... did they supply them primed ??

On FL1 you could get them in 'Rubber Black or Rubber Primed, ready to spray to body colour matching.

Post #341558 5th Feb 2018 8:03 pm
RogB

England 2013 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Lux Auto Santorini Black

bought mine off Dan for a very modest sum, they only come in black dimpled effect but I had mine sprayed body colour too.

and they were bought due to someone putting a penny size dent in my drivers door within a month of getting the car. Evil or Very Mad

Post #341577 6th Feb 2018 9:17 am
Jimboland

England 2012 Freelander 2 SD4 GS Auto Santorini Black

I think it must be Sod's law that something happens within the first few days of owning a new car.

In 1970 I drove my first new car a mile home from the showroom and parked it outside my house. It was a nice wide straight road with no other cars parked. A bloke riding a bike on the other side of the road wobbled, swerved across the road and fell off leaving a scratch on the car door. Why couldn't he have fallen off on another part of the road.

When I got the F2 after two days white van man coming the other way decided as he drew level that he needed three quarters of the road and clipped my mirror with his mirror.

Beating them all was a bloke who had just picked up his new Triumph Herald from the showroom which exited on the roundabout on the A406/A11 junction (yonks ago and all changed now) and was slowly edging out on to the road when suddenly he shot out and promptly got the front end of his car mashed by a 40 ton articulated lorry. He was uninjured and got out of the car and burst into tears. It wasn't funny really; oh yes it was!
J

Post #341595 6th Feb 2018 11:33 am
Lightwater

Ukraine 2013 Freelander 2 2.0T SE Auto Fuji White

Decades ago a friend got a new car and that day a rock fell of a truck onto the bonnet, bounced onto the roof, & fell down onto the boot! Procrastination, mankind's greatest labour saving device!

Acoustic insulation ARB TPMS 3xARB air compressors After cooler Air tank On-board OCD pressure air/water cleaning Additional 50L fuel Carpet in doors ABE 2x1kg Waeco 28L modified fridge Battery 4x26ah Solar 120w Victron MPPT 100/20 DC-DC 18amps 175amp jumper plug Awning 6x255/60R18

Post #341606 6th Feb 2018 12:54 pm
npinks

United Kingdom 

I have some magnetic door protectors for the freel2

Worked great on the driveway Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Post #341607 6th Feb 2018 1:18 pm
Bobupndown

United Kingdom 2014 Freelander 2 SD4 GS Auto Orkney Grey

Jimboland wrote:
I think it must be Sod's law that something happens within the first few days of owning a new car.

In 1970 I drove my first new car a mile home from the showroom and parked it outside my house. It was a nice wide straight road with no other cars parked. A bloke riding a bike on the other side of the road wobbled, swerved across the road and fell off leaving a scratch on the car door. Why couldn't he have fallen off on another part of the road.

When I got the F2 after two days white van man coming the other way decided as he drew level that he needed three quarters of the road and clipped my mirror with his mirror.

Beating them all was a bloke who had just picked up his new Triumph Herald from the showroom which exited on the roundabout on the A406/A11 junction (yonks ago and all changed now) and was slowly edging out on to the road when suddenly he shot out and promptly got the front end of his car mashed by a 40 ton articulated lorry. He was uninjured and got out of the car and burst into tears. It wasn't funny really; oh yes it was!
J

Going back to the 1960s, a friend of my Grandfather had just picked up his new burgundy Mark 2 Jaguar and driven it home. Proud of his new purchase he offered his sister a drive in it. The sister, who had never driven an automatic before, managed to drive it head first into a tree, writing it off. He goes back to the dealer the same day, with the rear number plate of the crashed Mk 2 and enquired "Have you another one the same that you could screw this onto?" Rolling with laughter (he wasnt short of a few pounds).
Think of this tale and smile every time I see a Mk 2. Landrover - turning owners into mechanics since 1948

2014 Orkney grey Freelander SD4 GS.
2004 Zambezi silver Discovery 2 Td5 (Gone)
1963 Surf blue Morris Mini Minor Super de Luxe (my little toy)

Post #343864 3rd Mar 2018 11:41 am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1