« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > In Car Electronics > Parking sensors
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
St24rsa

United Kingdom 
Parking sensors

Hi everyone was wanting to introduce myself properly since owning the freelander a few weeks I have been trying to work out this problem just wondered if anyone else has experienced this before the parking sensors all work for testing with the engine off tested each sensor all beep as they should perfect but when the engine is switched on and put it in reverse they develop a fault the long warning beep just sounds switch the engine off put it in reverse and they are fine again anyone had anything like this before [/i]

Post #343290 25th Feb 2018 5:18 pm
Jack frost

United Kingdom 

try washing them mine play up this time of year I think it could be the road salt playing havoc.

Post #343291 25th Feb 2018 5:25 pm
St24rsa

United Kingdom 

Hello mr frost yeah I tried that and cleaned the connections just trying to work out the link between them working with the engine off then not with it running if was a faulty sensor or a faulty wire I’d expect them to not work all the time

Post #343292 25th Feb 2018 5:29 pm
tom.tom

United Kingdom 

Hi folks, mine has done something similar/strange a few times over the past few weeks I've owned mine in that after parking up (shopping for example) on returning and starting the engine and putting the auto into drive (or reverse) an extremely ear piercingly loud constant beep occurred a few times and the orange light on the P button was illuminated. On pressing the button my ears stop bleeding and silence returns. Speaking to my local indy apparently a mucky sensor could cause this. However he did also say this time of year he see's a rise in FL2's in for sensor faults, he said moisture ingress (especially if the temp falls below freezing) can cause sensor issues rectified in the worst cases by replacing the failed sensor(s). I didn't enquire about the cost.

NOTE: it does say in the manual when washing to be careful if jet washing around the sensors

Hope this helps

Tom

Post #343298 25th Feb 2018 6:35 pm
St24rsa

United Kingdom 

Hi tom yeah I heard the sensors can be a pain in the wet but it’s just the fact it does it with the engine running as soon as you stop it no engine running switch the ignition on and put in reverse with no engine running it’s perfect nothing wrong all beep as they should stick in in park switch the engine on put back in reverse and that loud beep you was saying about I checked they were clean checked the connections even checked all the Earth points I’m leaning toward the actual module

Post #343302 25th Feb 2018 6:45 pm
St24rsa

United Kingdom 

Hiya sorry to bore everyone just thought I’d let you know I resolved this issue with my sensors I pinned it down to the front set I went over everything checked the loom re insulated it all good in the end it turned out the dealer that was trying to rectify the problem put a cheap Chinese copy sensor in so replaced it with a genuine Valeo one everything works as it should even in the wet! So good result think I’d always buy a manufacturer I know after that be warned it’s not worth the saving

Post #345974 27th Mar 2018 11:11 am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1