« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > General > Hse ?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Bobbyg

England 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 S Manual Indus Silver
Hse ?

Hi after more than a years ownership and getting used to the ways of the freelander .i would like some of the extras that come higher up the range,I'e heated front screen,better trim sunroof.in brief the Hse .what have the others out there done.or is it just more things to go wrong .
Bob.

Post #339259 12th Jan 2018 10:22 am
dennij

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Zermatt Silver

What is your current spec? Some of the options may not be possible or even cost effective

Post #339262 12th Jan 2018 10:32 am
Northcroft

England 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Manual Zermatt Silver

just had my 07 HSE (160,000 miles) for a year and its a great car, everything works apart from parking sensors. The electric windscreen is a first for me and brilliant on frosty days, as are the heated leather seats, a great way to warm up. In summer the sunroof is a superb thing to use, personally I prefer to get as many toys as I can for my budget.

Do regret having a manual gearbox !

Post #339269 12th Jan 2018 11:40 am
Bobbyg

Firstly my freelander is the s spec down in the basement ,yes the heated front screen .i live next door to a ford owner and it gets me every winters day.never had it before just electric seats,sun roof and all the rest.the auto defrost sounds good how much strain does it put on the battery.not bothered about the stop start its just a thing to switch off.
Bob

Post #339272 12th Jan 2018 12:21 pm
dennij

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Zermatt Silver

If you're looking to bring an S spec up to an HSE spec then I think you'll find the cost and amount of work would be prohibitive, the electronics on the higher spec models is different to that fitted to the S. I'm sure a similar question was asked before and the consensus was that it would be cheaper to buy either the GS or HSE

Post #339273 12th Jan 2018 12:36 pm
bxzx16v

England 2012 Freelander 2 SD4 Sport Auto Barolo Black

I'd hunt out an Se spec Fl2 whuch has virtually all the Hse spec without the price tag . Of the top of my head I think the Se lacks the full leather (1/2 leather instead) , memory seats but they are electric and heated , it only has the 17" alloys too , the Se also has the panoramic roof which is very nice , heated front screen and washer jets and a great sounding 9 speaker Alpine 6 disc stereo . Failing that if you can drop on a Gs with a few options fitted . I've never had any problems either when the screen/seats have been on , tbh the car has been virtually faultless .

Mark 2009 FL2 TD4 SE (Sadly gone)
2007 FL2 TD4 GS (The wifes , gone after 8 great years)
2012 FL2 SD4 SPORT LE(Gone and missing it)
2015 DISCOVERY SPORT 2.2SD4 HSE (For now ?)
2014 Ford Bmax 1.0 ecoboost ( Gone but what next )
2014 Ford Focus 2.0tdci Zetec S

Post #339306 12th Jan 2018 8:15 pm
blacktiger

England 2013 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Auto Santorini Black

I discovered when asking about having reversing camera fitted that each car is built with a bespoke loom to cope with the options ticked on the order sheet. So adding anything else at a later date makes it really difficult. MY13 Santorini Black SD4 HSE

Post #339332 13th Jan 2018 10:57 am
Bobbyg

Hi with ref to the loom,I find it hard to believe if a vehicle is mass produced that each one has a bespoke loom.surly cheaper to make one size fits all or maybe a top option .i was hoping to find the wiring In place for most extras I'e fog lights .the fuse boards in most area seem to be wired for all the ports.i suppose looking at the wiring dia,s they should tie up with them ,with around three to four different looms.on a mod note I just bought the h7 night breaker unlimited from Huddersfield euro parts £14.99 the pair better than e.bay.
Bob.

Post #339496 15th Jan 2018 10:49 am
blacktiger

England 2013 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Auto Santorini Black

Well that's what I was told by my local Indie. To fit the reversing camera I would have to buy a "Sub Loom" for £50ish to get the wiring into the rear door. I assume that's the case for all other accessories as well.
So whilst it's not impossible, don't expect to find the wiring there for any extras you want to fit.

My guess is that each car has a basic loom for standard fit items and any extras have their own Sub Loom. MY13 Santorini Black SD4 HSE

Post #339498 15th Jan 2018 11:14 am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1