Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > General > P0087 Fuel Rail/System Pressure - Too Low on LR2 2008 HSE
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
Print this entire topic · 
adywicaksono

2008 LR2 i6 HSE Auto Alaska White

Nope, the code is there, now it's 191000 kms and still running, so I would leave it as is for now Smile

Post #320652 3rd Apr 2017 9:08 am
p_gill

United States 2008 Freelander 2 i6 SE Auto Tambora Flame

A few things to consider

The fuel pump is controlled so that it maintains a constant pressure on the fuel rail (Alex pointed this out as well)

The control circuit can be though of as the low current and high current connections

Low Current connections

- ECU to Fuel pump module - I think this is just a CAN bus digital signal maybe Alex would know for sure

- Fuel Pressure sensor to ECU - I think that this is an Analog signal

High Current Connection (to power the fuel pump)

- Relay in the fuse box under the hood

- Fuse in passenger compartment front passenger foot area

- Cable to fuel pump module

- Ground connection for fuel pump module

It is possible that your problem is the low current or high current circuit.

If I was going to trouble shoot this problem I would do the following

1. Use my code reader to check the ST and LT fuel trim values (is the ECU adding or subtracting fuel or is it near 0%)

2. Measure the current going to the fuel pump module (should be about 3 to 5 amps if I remember correctly)

3. Measure the pressure at the fuel rail using a gauge to see if the pressure sending unit is faulty

For item #2 Here is the meter I bought to measure the current going to the fuel pump module

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000W8FM...&psc=1

ESI 305M 30 Amp Fuse Buddy Mini Tester

The meter isn't very expensive

All you need to do is to remove the correct fuse from the fuse box in the passenger foot well and measure the current if you do this remember to replace the fuse with a new fuse, on my car the fuses were corroded and in need of replacement.

The current should be about 3 to 5 amps, if you need exact values I have them written down somewhere, just let me know and I will post them here if needed.

If the current is above this range then it is likely that the connections are not good (see above in the high current section)

If the ST and LT fuel trims are near 0 and the current going to the fuel pump module are both good then the fuel pressure sending unit may be out of range.

To check the sending unit you will need a mechanical gauge (or a friend that is willing to swap sending units)

The part number for the fuel pressure sending unit should be LR015294

The sending unit is not expensive.

If you decide to do any of these post your results here and I sure someone will be able to provide additional assistance.

Post #320765 4th Apr 2017 9:48 pm
Richard H

United Kingdom 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Santorini Black

This is the same error code P0087 I have on my 2008 FL2 HSE Auto Diesel.

I suspect it is the Fuel filter ( which is under the bonnet, front offside). Anyway, I've ordered a new fuel filter and will get the car down the mountain to a garage for fitting, and have them check to codes are OK. We are in 30 cm of new snow and had a temp down to -9 recently.

My car starts easily, but goes into Reduced Power mode and then stalls if I slow down. This is not good at a road junction in a snow storm! Big Cry It re-starts with ease.

It started after I re-fuelled at the bottom of the mountain, with 3/4 of a tank of TOTAL diesel, guaranteed to -20 0C. This is a top oil company in France.

Should I leave the error codes on the system or use the code reader to ERASE them? Any advice warmly received. Meanwhile, I'm 5000ft up a mountain, in a snow storm , without a properly working car. Cheers. Freelander 2 HSE. Santorini Black. Roof Rack, Running Board, Auto.

Post #337000 10th Dec 2017 4:16 pm
LR2goat

2008 LR2 i6 HSE Auto Baltic Blue

I think I had the same code once before as well. I think the gas cap wasn't on tight so I just tightened it back up cleared the CEL and it never came back again.

Did you try clearing it to see if it returns?

Post #337348 16th Dec 2017 7:09 am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12