Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > Technical > Will the faults never stop?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
SD4Cat

United Kingdom 2011 Freelander 2 SD4 XS Auto Santorini Black
Will the faults never stop?

Anyone experienced faulty electric windows? My car going in for replacement light sensor under warranty tomorrow and today car developed a brand new fault.

Front passenger electric window won't fully close. If I try to fully close, window electrics send it sliding back down again. If I try to close window with short pulses I can get it to almost but not fully closed and stay there. Seems to be electric fault.

Fed up as had car one year and this is the 4th warranty issue. I have never had so many faults with a new car.... What do I know....I'm only an Essex girl

Post #127790 17th Jan 2012 10:43 pm
EYorkshire

There may be an obstruction on that window and the 'anti trap' mechanism is kicking in. If there is no obstruction then within 10 seconds you must attempt two tries at closing and on the third attempt with your finger holding it closed it will overide the 'anti trap' and allow full closure.
Then reset that window by:
1) Opening and closing window fully
2) Release the switch, then lift switch to close position for 1 second

Post #127792 17th Jan 2012 10:55 pm
SD4Cat

Thanks EYorkshire. Gave that a go this morning but alas no success. Car at Lookers LR now anyway having its new light sensor installed and they will atempt to fix window problem. As soon as I know what the problem is/was I will let you know. What do I know....I'm only an Essex girl

Post #127824 18th Jan 2012 2:35 pm
SD4Cat

OK problem resolved - I hope!

E Yorkshire you were right about the window thinking it had an obstruction, although as I don't have any dogs or kids sticking heads, paws or fingers on the window, I am at a loss as to why the problem ocurred in the 1st place. Appareny thick ice could do it too, but as my FL2 garaged at night I don't get it.

Anyway they told me how to DIY if it happens again, so I will share with you below.

1) 1st open car window fully but keep holding button after its fully opened for a good 10 seconds.

2) Then close window as far as it will go and again keep holding the button a good 10 seconds after it has closed

3) Release then use one touch method to open window again.

Apparently that's how it is done. Hope this info is of use to someone else who finds themself in the same predicament, particularly on a wet & chilly night. What do I know....I'm only an Essex girl

Post #127838 18th Jan 2012 5:32 pm
EYorkshire

Thumbs Up

I took the instructions from the manual, I wonder who writes these things as your write up is a much simpler way of putting it across.
Glad it's sorted, sometimes cars are just to smart for their own good Mad

Post #127852 18th Jan 2012 7:13 pm
JT

2011 Freelander 2 SD4 GS Auto Stornoway Grey
window won't stay closed

Hi. just had this problem with my 2011 F2. cured it by EYorkshires suggestion. tried to close window twice in 10 seconds and on third attempt held the up button and window stayed up. thanks for the suggestion. cheers John

Post #336521 3rd Dec 2017 9:06 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1