Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
Print this entire topic · 
cymru001

Wales 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Stornoway Grey

Yorky Bob wrote:
Your full fault code is P025100 Injection Pump Fuel Metering Control A
Fuel metering unit control circuit - open load
Carry out the pinpoint tests associated with this DTC using the manufacturer approved diagnostic system

You need the full codes for the other 2 as they will go to a further 2 digits.

U0401-94Invalid Data Received From ECM/PCM unexpected operation
The Terrain Response Control Module has detected that the Engine Control Module component had operated in a way or at a time that it had not been commanded to operate The engine management system, Engine Control Module is unable to support normal terrain response functionality, the terrain response system will go into default condition Engine management system fault Engine Control Module failure
Using the manufacturer approved diagnostic system, check the Engine Control Module for DTCs and refer to the relevant DTC index, rectify as required. Check the system is operating correctly and the DTC does not return

Post #335513 20th Nov 2017 4:08 pm
I Like Chips

United Kingdom 2011 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Auto Indus Silver

"• NOTE: Generic scan tools may not read the codes listed, or may read only 5-digit codes. Match the 5 digits from the scan tool to the first 5 digits of the 7-digit code listed to identify the fault (the last 2 digits give extra information read by the manufacturer-approved diagnostic system). "

You need a higher level scan tool to pinpoint problems

Post #335518 20th Nov 2017 5:25 pm
cymru001

I thought the Nanocom Evolution would be the perfect tool for the job. It seemed to be the reader of choice for others on here. They're not cheap either Sad

What readers are there which could give the full code?

I've also installed a second earth from the starter bolt to the negative terminal just in case but it made no difference. If the engine cools even slightly, the reduced engine performance and special programs off messages re-appear. Turning the engine off and waiting has no affect on the error messages. I have to wait for the car to decide when it wants to clear itself.

I'm getting really fed up with this car now. Its one problem after another which equates to me having to spend money!!!

Post #335553 21st Nov 2017 1:12 am
cymru001

I thought the Nanocom Evolution would be the perfect tool for the job. It seemed to be the reader of choice for others on here. They're not cheap either Sad

What readers are there which could give the full code?

I've also installed a second earth from the starter bolt to the negative terminal just in case but it made no difference. If the engine cools even slightly, the reduced engine performance and special programs off messages re-appear. Turning the engine off and waiting has no affect on the error messages. I have to wait for the car to decide when it wants to clear itself.

I'm getting really fed up with this car now. Its one problem after another which equates to me having to spend money!!!

Post #335554 21st Nov 2017 1:13 am
Yorky Bob

United Kingdom 2013 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Firenze Red

I'm getting really fed up with this car now. Its one problem after another which equates to me having to spend money

This is the big issue, when the fun stops and the bills rise its decision time.

Most of our cars for the last 20 years have been swapped out while within factory warranty and the FL2 is the exception. I am trying to beat the breakdowns by over servicing it, example new battery before this Winter but once I get hit by a series of electrical problems it will crunch time. Big Cry

Apart from depreciation running costs for the likes of service items / Tyres etc are currently cica £2 per day to include one large bill for a EGR valve.

We all need a good auto electrician locally but they are like Rocking Horse Crap to find now. FL2 MY10 TD4 GS traded in at 2 years
FL2 MY13 TD4 GS Current

Post #335566 21st Nov 2017 10:36 am
paxman

United Kingdom 2013 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Manual Orkney Grey

Hi Yorky Bob, you don't mind me asking how much was the bill for your EGR repair?

Post #335583 21st Nov 2017 12:20 pm
Yorky Bob

No change from £500 (with no VAT). Decided to pass it on to be done as caving down the back of the engine is a young mans sport. FL2 MY10 TD4 GS traded in at 2 years
FL2 MY13 TD4 GS Current

Post #335586 21st Nov 2017 12:29 pm
cymru001

I Like Chips wrote:
"• NOTE: Generic scan tools may not read the codes listed, or may read only 5-digit codes. Match the 5 digits from the scan tool to the first 5 digits of the 7-digit code listed to identify the fault (the last 2 digits give extra information read by the manufacturer-approved diagnostic system). "

You need a higher level scan tool to pinpoint problems

What would be better than a Nanocom Evolution?

Post #335662 21st Nov 2017 9:34 pm
I Like Chips

United Kingdom 2011 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Auto Indus Silver

A scanner will show information as far as it can. It's having the knowlege with what you do with that information.

Have a look at ScannerDanners intro to Scanners.

Post #335665 21st Nov 2017 10:01 pm
cymru001

Whilst I have fitted a new earth lead between the starter and battery negative terminal, can anyone tell me what the minimum voltage would need to be in order for there to be a fault? My battery is only a year old but am aware it could have a fault on it. I don't want to replace the battery until I have measured the voltage without the engine running and compared that reading to the suggestions I get here.

Thanks in advance.

Post #335857 24th Nov 2017 4:42 pm
Yorky Bob

No idea of voltage but many places will do a free battery check even tyre companies like ATS. FL2 MY10 TD4 GS traded in at 2 years
FL2 MY13 TD4 GS Current

Post #335863 24th Nov 2017 5:21 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12