Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > Technical > MY13 Transmission Symptoms - Is this Typical ?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
Print this entire topic · 
Lovel

United Kingdom 2013 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Lux Auto Firenze Red

dunkley201 wrote:
Lovel wrote:
and flushed out the active on demand and coupling,

Don't let the dealer BS you. The "active on demand coupling" IS the Haldex!

I reckon it is a TCU/software issue, or mismatched tyres possibly.

Bob

Yes realise that, trying to write as per the dealer report, basically I am onto my 2nd Haldex replacement with the 1st replacement lasting no time at all.

Tyres are all the same make, Continental and with some 6mm even tread all round. If it were tyres the noise/vibration would not have gone away.

Post #327947 28th Jul 2017 11:20 am
Lovel

Yorky Bob wrote:
Laughing Yep, once at 40K the filters need servicing and cleaning, you can flush away all day long but it won't change a filter. Whistle

Funnily enough my car is approx. 44k miles when these symptoms began to appear. If the car was not under LR warranty, I would have been rolling up my own sleeves and getting on with it.

That's what the dealer tried with the original Haldex, but same results lead them to make the 1st replacement which failed pretty soon after, which they again tried to flush with no joy thus leading to second replacement Haldex.

Post #327949 28th Jul 2017 11:24 am
Lovel

Hmm. the rumbling has returned. Yawn

Now looks like another trip back to the dealer is on the cards again.

Post #329146 14th Aug 2017 2:00 pm
austen_fl2

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Auto Stornoway Grey

Having supplied many reconditioned haldex units, I am seeing the occasional cars returning having several units replaced. I am currently looking into the fault as I'm not convinced it's all to do with the haldex alone. www.bellengineering.co.uk

Post #329178 14th Aug 2017 10:16 pm
Lovel

Austin_fl2 wrote:
Having supplied many reconditioned haldex units, I am seeing the occasional cars returning having several units replaced. I am currently looking into the fault as I'm not convinced it's all to do with the haldex alone.

Thanks for the feedback. What is strange that the noise disappears for some 50 - 100 miles or so then the rumbling returns. Both the replacements have been reconditioned Landrover factory units with individual serial numbers on them. I hope you are able to progress with your investigations, and look forward to hearing the outcome if you do.

Post #329199 15th Aug 2017 9:13 am
MRRover75

Norway 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Manual Tambora Flame

Hi Lovel,

Not able to help, but nice to see you here to. I am Beinet1 from the 75andZT forum. I did "upgrade" to a FL2 in January this year as my Tourer got to small for my 3 kids in the long run Smile Fab car!

I thing Austen at Bell Engineering would be the best option regarding finding a solution to your issue, and I see that he is already on your case.

Good luck!!

Post #329200 15th Aug 2017 9:31 am
Lovel

MRRover75 wrote:
Hi Lovel,

Not able to help, but nice to see you here to. I am Beinet1 from the 75andZT forum. I did "upgrade" to a FL2 in January this year as my Tourer got to small for my 3 kids in the long run Smile Fab car!

I thing Austen at Bell Engineering would be the best option regarding finding a solution to your issue, and I see that he is already on your case.

Good luck!!

Hi Einar. Yes good to see you over here too. My FL2 is still under Landrover warranty hence I am none too concerned at the moment. Would just like to get to the bottom of the issue. The fact that the noise goes away maybe something to do with the ECU being reprogramed when replacing the Haldex, and then over a few miles if the ECM is capable of learning the driving habits then perhaps it then slowly returns to the rumbling over time. If this is the case then this would suggest to me there is something else that is the cause.

Post #329211 15th Aug 2017 2:37 pm
Lovel

The car is now booked back into the dealer in a couple of weeks time. LR UK technical want to check the tyres as they believe they could be contributing to the issue. My observations are that the tyres are all the same make, Continental with almost 5mm of tread all round. (6mm noted in the last service) There is no feathering on the edges or uneven wear across any of the tyres. Perhaps they could try swapping wheels over from another car when they have it just to compare the differences?
If LR UK are perhaps indicating that you change your tyres at 5 or 6mm tread wear to avoid this issue that would be crazy.
If its down to tyre issues then this is going to get expensive to replace all four 19" tyres. Its not as though I'm down to the last couple of mm of tread and their unevenly worn I could understand perhaps. Will just have to wait and see. Right now the driving experience is not turning out to be very pleasant at all for a £22k car, I am slowly thinking that my old FL1 banger would have been a more pleasant drive with its viscous coupling that I replaced which would at least last a few years motoring and was relatively cheap and simple to replace as a service item.

Post #330809 11th Sep 2017 9:37 am
Lovel

Arese wrote:
I'm having the same issue, 3 haldex units in 1600 miles (the first haldex replaced lasted 20 miles ...)

2012 HSE Auto

Judder / vibrations on low speed on half or full lock and also in reverse

After deeper investigations, LR is saying that the propshaft is causing this repeatedly haldex failure and it has to be changed along with the haldex.

Well I am almost going to be on my 4th Haldex assembly.

Did you have any better results with the replacement propshaft?

Post #330902 11th Sep 2017 8:42 pm
Arese

Morocco 2012 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Santorini Black

Hi Lovel,

As said in PM just sent ... I'm still waiting for JLR MENA approval for this replacement.

The 3 previous replacements were done by brand new haldex units not reconditionned ones.

Each of the 3 replacement were done with changing rear diff oil + transfert box oil + changing some bolts ... (as per JLR standards they say)

I wonder if they have messed with something during the first replacement which have cause the following repeteadly issues.. I reallly don't know what to think.

Post #331069 13th Sep 2017 4:48 pm
Lovel

Well today just got her back. They have fitted a brand new Haldex as opposed to the factory reconditioned units which they have put down to a bad batch. So Haldex No.4 in the space of 6 months. Finger crossed we are done now, and I can enjoy the car more.

Post #333206 13th Oct 2017 9:59 pm
Lovel

Well some two weeks later and still behaving Milestone

Post #334077 29th Oct 2017 5:53 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12