Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > Off Topic > Flight booking warning
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 4 <1234>
Print this entire topic · 
Yorky Bob

United Kingdom 2013 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Firenze Red

The trip by car to the airport is now a issue as travel insurance is such a grey area covering this. Have we any learned experts ?

If I book a taxi and the road gets blocked for any reason do I sue the person who blocked the road or the the taxi firm, if I go by train and leafes block the line do I sue the person who owns the tree or network rail. Banging Head Banging Head Banging Head

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/travel/advice/I...ed-flight/ FL2 MY10 TD4 GS traded in at 2 years
FL2 MY13 TD4 GS Current

Post #332817 8th Oct 2017 7:43 pm
Yorky Bob

just checked my insurance and it would I think in this scenario be covered Dorset. This insurance come as part of a Nationwide account we have.

A delay involving your own vehicle where you missed your departure because of heavy traffic or road closures that were sufficiently severe to warrant reporting on a recognised motoring association web site or on television, news bulletins or in the press.

Go and tackle them on that basis and threaten them with the insurance ombudsman. FL2 MY10 TD4 GS traded in at 2 years
FL2 MY13 TD4 GS Current

Post #332824 8th Oct 2017 8:20 pm
dorsetfreelander

United Kingdom 2014 Freelander 2 SD4 XS Auto Loire Blue

Thanks for that info. My policy doesn't say anything useful like that. I have just started going through the claims process so I will see where it takes me. 3 x FL1 2 manual + 1 auto
5 x FL2 4 manual + 1 auto
Now Discovery Sport P250 MHEV SE

Post #332859 9th Oct 2017 9:07 am
JulesK

Wales 2014 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Firenze Red

[quote="Yorky Bob"]

JulesK wrote:
tenet wrote:

always wanted to visit Shap as I keep seeing it on route to Scotland and wonder whats there.

I suggest you give Shap a miss, one big noisy quarry and Sheep Sheep Sheep Not too far though to get to Ullswater where you will find more Sheep Sheep Sheep and even more Censored tourists. Welcome to the Lake District where all the pubs are now run by EU backpackers.

Excuse me Bob but whats wrong with Sheep Sheep Sheep Sheep Rolling with laughter

will be doing all the Lakes and don't drink so can give the pubs a miss just hope I don't bump into too many EU folk. Thumbs Up

Shap detour cancelled, cheers Taz and Bob Very Happy If it wasn't so bad it'd be funny.

🐑
Freelander 2 HSE auto 2014 ( Florrie ) ..... Try again.
Freelander 2 GS 2012...... Gone.

Post #332891 9th Oct 2017 3:02 pm
Yorky Bob

Look at a OS map and you can work out a great little single track road route from Shap to Hawswater, then to Ullswater. Sign says water board road but I have used it off and on for over 40 years, passes a nice little pub called Patricks Well (I think thats the name). FL2 MY10 TD4 GS traded in at 2 years
FL2 MY13 TD4 GS Current

Post #332893 9th Oct 2017 4:07 pm
valleyforge

England 

[quote="taztastic"]

JulesK wrote:
tenet wrote:

Starting with the Lakes next year as always wanted to visit Shap as I keep seeing it on route to Scotland and wonder whats there.

Nowt Thumbs Up

Got a road out the other end
Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter

Its actually quite a quaint spot once you get to know it, couple of pubs, chip shop, lido (thats an outdoor swimming pool) old abbey amid fab wild country. Bleak to the outsider though

If you want a mid journey break Penrith is a really nice spot nowadays, or try Rheged. Lowther, just up the A6 well worth a look if time permits. Avoid the lakes, its full.

PS the old water board road (made to make the Haweswater dam) is great, a bit bumpy at the far end & still open recently (it used to be barred). Thumbs Up
Sorry about the fred drift ... FL2 Ex D2, D3, RRS, etc. now all gone.

Post #332897 9th Oct 2017 5:24 pm
MartynB

United Kingdom 2009 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Auto Zermatt Silver

While you are in the area Tenet you will probably want to book yourself a day some where like Eden Lacey . Your Freelander 2 will be just the ticket for getting around the beats there on the riverside tracks Thumbs Up

http://www.fishpal.com/England/Cumbria/EdenLacy/?dom=Pal 2009 GS Auto Zermatt Silver - Sold June 21 after 10 years of ownership

2016 Subaru Outback SE 2.0 diesel SE Premium Lineartronic Sold 2024 after 8 years and 80k miles . Best Car I ever owned !

2023 Toyota Hilux invincible X 2.8 Auto .

Post #332904 9th Oct 2017 6:08 pm
mudslinger

Wales 2014 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Lux Auto Sumatra Black

Starting with the Lakes next year as always wanted to visit Shap as I keep seeing it on route to Scotland and wonder whats there.[/quote]

A HILL WE HAVE LOTS OF THEM IN WALES ...!!!! Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Wales
Were the mud is thicker, and the ruts are deeper.
(And we have the water to wash it off, and more on the way..! )
Sd4 and chrome Ar*e piece, Auto box for best fun
09 Xs Gone
12 xs Gone
HSE with Leather seats and 4 years warrenty.. staying for now !

Post #332930 10th Oct 2017 7:28 am
Yorky Bob

The odd good cave as well. Rare praise from a Yorky. Very Happy FL2 MY10 TD4 GS traded in at 2 years
FL2 MY13 TD4 GS Current

Post #332932 10th Oct 2017 7:41 am
JulesK

Wales 2014 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Firenze Red

mudslinger wrote:
Starting with the Lakes next year as always wanted to visit Shap as I keep seeing it on route to Scotland and wonder whats there.

A HILL WE HAVE LOTS OF THEM IN WALES ...!!!! Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter[/quote]

I KNOW , I LIVE ON ONE WITH SOME Sheep Sheep Thumbs Up and next stop is the sea

thanks lads keep the suggestions coming in'
.If you want a mid journey break Penrith is a really nice spot nowadays, or try Rheged. Lowther, just up the A6 well worth a look if time permits. Avoid the lakes, its full. '

will give this a go. Thumbs Up If it wasn't so bad it'd be funny.

🐑
Freelander 2 HSE auto 2014 ( Florrie ) ..... Try again.
Freelander 2 GS 2012...... Gone.

Post #332940 10th Oct 2017 8:04 am
Dartman the one

England 

There wasn't anything at Shap whether there is now I have no idea, it was famous in the winter before the M6 was built, if there was going to be snow on the way to Scotland that's where it would be, if you couldn't make it over Shap without help then you wouldn't make Glasgow as Beattock Summit would not be passable. my PC is slightly to the right of Genghis
2012 HSE SD4 In Orkney Grey now gone, best car ever.

Post #332948 10th Oct 2017 9:51 am
tenet

United Kingdom 2015 Freelander 2 SD4 SE Auto Orkney Grey

I seemed to have been attributed to remarks about Shap - nothing to do with me I can assure you.

MartynB - Getting to some of the beats on the river Thurso (Caithness) was challenge enough for my FL2 with the indignity of being pulled out of a ditcjh that I foolishly tried to cross only to find it contained glutinous mud about 18 inches deep Embarassed MY 09 GS manual in Lago Grey, Wood Co arm rest and side bumper strips - now sold.

MY 15 SD4 SE Auto Orkney Grey with colour coded Bumper Door Mouldings

Post #332952 10th Oct 2017 10:47 am
MartynB

United Kingdom 2009 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Auto Zermatt Silver

Whoops I should read more carefully Embarassed

You wouldn't get bogged down on Eden Lacey Thumbs Up although the last time I went up after the big floods it's a good job I decided to walk one of the upstream paths first . What had been an easy drive the year before was now a 10' vertical drop .

It's nice to see any 4x4 doing what they were meant for even if it can get a bit embarrassing at times ! 2009 GS Auto Zermatt Silver - Sold June 21 after 10 years of ownership

2016 Subaru Outback SE 2.0 diesel SE Premium Lineartronic Sold 2024 after 8 years and 80k miles . Best Car I ever owned !

2023 Toyota Hilux invincible X 2.8 Auto .

Post #332982 10th Oct 2017 4:44 pm
Lightwater

Ukraine 2013 Freelander 2 2.0T SE Auto Fuji White

In northern Australia you can't check the depth as the crocodiles will get you! Procrastination, mankind's greatest labour saving device!

Acoustic insulation ARB TPMS 3xARB air compressors After cooler Air tank On-board OCD pressure air/water cleaning Additional 50L fuel Carpet in doors ABE 2x1kg Waeco 28L modified fridge Battery 4x26ah Solar 120w Victron MPPT 100/20 DC-DC 18amps 175amp jumper plug Awning 6x255/60R18

Post #333005 11th Oct 2017 2:08 am
valleyforge

England 

Laughing FL2 Ex D2, D3, RRS, etc. now all gone.

Post #333025 11th Oct 2017 7:40 am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 4 <1234>