« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > Site News & Feedback > BL Farrar
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
npinks

United Kingdom 
BL Farrar

Just read this on Disco4, I know Bruce wasn't on here much but had posted recently and some members may have known him

RIP Bruce

DG wrote:
I'm very sad to announce that site user, BL Farrar, passed away in Huddersfield in July at the age of 67, after a short battle with Prostate Cancer.

Bruce Lee Farrar joined the site in 2006 and made his mark very quickly ...mostly by upsetting all of the site stalwarts of the day Smile . He was the first to admit he was a marmite character, he had strong moral views and opinions and he fought his corner with vigor ....his seemingly endless essays of responses always made me chuckle .

I met him on a factory tour and, as is often is the case, the people you judge from the written word who are going to be the least friendly when you meet them in person are in fact quite the opposite, he was a gentleman to talk to.

Despite on many occasions my sparring with him to the point of distraction to others, we actually got on well in the background.

A month before he passed we exchanged several PM's and I hadn't heard anything further until today when Gareth asked me if I knew where he was. I did a search and sadly found his family notice.

I'm sure he'll forgive me for letting everyone know how much he relied upon this site and all of us to distract him from his darkest hours.

Quote:
...Disco 3 has been a place to escape to that isn't health, family or work....total diversion. I do read almost everything.

.....Maybe it isn't realised what the forum provides

...A diversion to another place - essential.

Thanks
Regards
Bruce

RIP Bruce Sad
 Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Post #330881 11th Sep 2017 4:27 pm
muddywheels

England 

I saw this on Disco too Nick Sad

I exchanged posts/messages with Bruce over years and he came to my house once - he was a lovely guy - very sad news Big Cry

Another top bloke gone - he will be missed - RIP Bruce Bow down Wanted a Series 2 LR since childhood but previously owned MY16 Disco Sport HSE TD4 Auto, MY13 RR Sport Black Edition TDV6 Auto, MY10 RR Sport HSE TDV6 Auto, 2007 Freelander 1 Freestyle TD4 Soft Top, 2009 Freelander 2 GS TD4 Auto, 2007 Freelander 2 GS TD4, 2004 Disco 2 Metropolis Auto, 2002 Disco 2 GS, 2000 Freelander 1 SE TD4 SW

Still hoping for a S2 one day!

Post #330884 11th Sep 2017 4:56 pm
ronp

Scotland 

I posted my comments on the Disco forum earlier.
Very sad news.

r.i.p. Bruce

Post #330888 11th Sep 2017 5:13 pm
mcsimmo

Scotland 2013 Freelander 2 SD4 GS Auto Mauritius Blue

Sad, I remember him from my Disco3 days. Updated- Waiting for a Scotland v England 6 Nations home win. 24th Feb 2018
Gone-1972 88 SWB Soft top
Gone-1981 24v FFR Lightweight
Gone-2009 Freelander 2 TD4 GS manual
Gone before it bankrupted me- 2008 Discovery 3 TDV6 Auto
2013 Freelander 2 SD4 GS Auto

Post #330928 12th Sep 2017 6:55 am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1