Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > In Car Electronics > CCF edit for radio region, mirrors, and seat belt logic done
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
kiwi

New Zealand 2008 Freelander 2 i6 S Auto Alaska White
CCF edit for radio region, mirrors, and seat belt logic done

My Nancom Evo arrived yesterday which allowed me to change the following CCF settings:

Audio unit (radio) band/frequency setting: Frequency band and step for Japan -> Frequency band and step for Europe
Brilliant result, I now have RDS and FM tuning above 90 MHz.

Rear view mirrors outer: Retractable mirrors and integrated logic -> Fitted
As an engineer I couldn't cope with the totally unnecessary folding and unfolding of the external mirrors every time the vehicle was locked or unlocked. This was a fail, the setting made no difference, worse it seems to have caused the mirrors to loose track of where they should stop when folding in, so I've switched to the alternative of using the two button trick to fold them in and then folded them out manually.

Safety belt reminder: US type - US logic -> EU type
Another fail, I could see no detectable difference. This is a minor issue but part of dealing with the hated constant bonging reminders that the door is open (no sh!t Sherlock), key is in the ignition, etc, etc.

Will need to do a bit more digging. 2008 Freelander 2 i6 Alaska White - current
2002 Freelander 1 V6 BRG - gone but I still have the nightmares
1999 Discovery II Coniston Green - almost gone

Post #303824 4th Aug 2016 12:27 am
CliveS

United Kingdom 2011 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Auto Zermatt Silver

I'm intrigued by your comments about disabling the "auto-fold" of the door mirrors, like yourself I find it irksome that they always fold on locking, mostly when it's entirely unnecessary.

As an existing Nanocom user for some time, I've been looking through the CCF settings for my FL2 and can't find any reference to the auto fold functionality, am just missing the obvious?

The seatbelt chime can be disabled very easily without having to resort to CCF editing, just turn the ignition on, no need to start the engine, then connect the seatbelt so the warning light goes out and disconnect again, repeat this fairly quickly up to about eight or nine times, then you will hear a single "bong" and it's done Very Happy

Post #303845 4th Aug 2016 10:40 am
kiwi

New Zealand 2008 Freelander 2 i6 S Auto Alaska White

I was looking under Base Vehicle Configuration -> Rear view mirrors - Outer, this has the choices:

Not fitted / disabled
Fitted
Retractable mirrors and integrated logic

I changed mine from 'Retractable ..' to 'Fitted' and as noted it didn't help.

The work around suggested by others is to manually fold them in by pressing the L and R adjustment buttons simultaneously. Then with the vehicle off, you manually pull the mirrors back to the normal positon. I thought the mirrors felt a bit 'loose' doing this but it works.

You'd think this would be simple thing.

Thanks for the tip about the belts. Next problem is the door open bong! 2008 Freelander 2 i6 Alaska White - current
2002 Freelander 1 V6 BRG - gone but I still have the nightmares
1999 Discovery II Coniston Green - almost gone

Post #303848 4th Aug 2016 11:52 am
Cambo

Australia 2008 Freelander 2 i6 HSE Auto Sumatra Black

The autofold mirrors on lock/unlock is not set in the CCF it's in "Vehicle Personalisation" which is a different routine in IDS/SDD, not sure where you would find that in a Nanocom...

The seatbelt warning can be disabled with a routine of buckling & unbuckling 9 or 10 times in quick succession, not needed to change anything in the CCF either. 2008 Freelander 2 HSE Si6 Black/Black - Hers
2009 Jaguar XKR 4.2 S/C Portfolio
2005 Jaguar XJR 4.2 S/C Black/Cranberry

2005 Jaguar X-Type 3.0L AWD - Gone

Post #303849 4th Aug 2016 12:02 pm
torrcastle

New Zealand 2007 Freelander 2 i6 HSE Auto Rimini Red

Hi Kiwi, I am thinking of buying a Nanocom Evo to fix the radio. Do you find it easy to use? I enquired about getting someone to do sort the Radio Satnav but the cheapest quote was $700 so thought I might as well buy the device and do it myself. Incidently did you change the Satnav to NZ? I managed to get mine set to English and I think I just need to get an NZ disk but not sure if I need to change anything else?

Post #330574 6th Sep 2017 11:50 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1