Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > General > Second Evoque in a week despite tracker.
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
dorsetfreelander

United Kingdom 2014 Freelander 2 SD4 XS Auto Loire Blue
Second Evoque in a week despite tracker.

I have been away for a week and came back noticing that the guy who runs a nearby hotel has a 15 reg Evoque. (there goes the neighbourhood etc Laughing ) Apparently this is the second one he has had in a week! The first was stolen from his driveway where he actually lives in Bournemouth the day after he got it. It had a tracker fitted and he had CCTV. The police just said that it wasn't worth following up as it was probably already in a container on it's way to foreign lands. So much for trackers and for the LR security system. Oh and apparently he still has the car keys. 3 x FL1 2 manual + 1 auto
5 x FL2 4 manual + 1 auto
Now Discovery Sport P250 MHEV SE

Post #329644 21st Aug 2017 7:08 pm
Lightwater

Ukraine 2013 Freelander 2 2.0T SE Auto Fuji White

& so much for the police.

Next you will come home & your entire house will be gone! Procrastination, mankind's greatest labour saving device!

Acoustic insulation ARB TPMS 3xARB air compressors After cooler Air tank On-board OCD pressure air/water cleaning Additional 50L fuel Carpet in doors ABE 2x1kg Waeco 28L modified fridge Battery 4x26ah Solar 120w Victron MPPT 100/20 DC-DC 18amps 175amp jumper plug Awning 6x255/60R18

Post #329662 21st Aug 2017 9:53 pm
LR NUT

Scotland 2014 Freelander 2 TD4_e Dynamic Manual Fuji White

Up here before Police Scotland was merged my area was the worst police force in Scotland for solving crimes. Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter MY14 Kahn Converted Dynamic - Fuji White Ebony/Pimento Interior
MY15 Xenon Headlight Conversion

MY17 RRS SVR - Estoril Blue Cirrus/Ebony 🪣💺’s

Post #329663 21st Aug 2017 10:02 pm
Lightwater

Two sets of scratches on car within a couple of days parked only twice in local streets caused by people who got their licence out of a packet of cornflakes! People can't park cars any more,..... well actually for decades!

I found the car which did the first one, the police effectively didn't want to know about it & said it was circumstantial evidence & they said it rained. No it had not rained, & rain does not remove my stuck on paint on their car! Photographs provided. The other car owner had removed the paint by the next morning, which I also photographed.

Unless you use your car to turn off a dozen people like in Spain police don't want to know about it!

The second one, I was in my parked car when it happened. It was very minor, but I was over it by now, not worth the time & paperwork! But still irritating, not worth the insurance claim & I will repaint it.

I am careful in general where I park the car, & in these situations I did leave plenty of space.

Years ago a neighbour put a hole through my car door with a tabletop ute when reversing along our street. First they denied it was them, until I said I will get the white paint on the back corner of the aluminium tray chemically analysed!

Over the decades my cars have had more accidents while parked!

At least I still have a car! Procrastination, mankind's greatest labour saving device!

Acoustic insulation ARB TPMS 3xARB air compressors After cooler Air tank On-board OCD pressure air/water cleaning Additional 50L fuel Carpet in doors ABE 2x1kg Waeco 28L modified fridge Battery 4x26ah Solar 120w Victron MPPT 100/20 DC-DC 18amps 175amp jumper plug Awning 6x255/60R18

Post #329671 22nd Aug 2017 1:36 am
markflickr

United Kingdom 2013 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Manual Baltic Blue

I'd only had my car 24 hours, parked it outside on the road (in a quiet close) alarm off, doors unlocked whilst i got something from in the house, came back out, drivers door window smashed.
Guy over the road had been out mowing his lawn earlier and had funnily enough disappeared by the time i came back out, i reckon his mower threw a stone up.

Post #329675 22nd Aug 2017 8:44 am
SYFL2

2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Stornoway Grey

Quite a few years ago me and missis were in garden while guy 3 doors up was mowing his lawn when it threw up a stone that went past us like a bullet no exaggeration it could have been well nasty.

Post #329676 22nd Aug 2017 9:15 am
ScubaDiver

United Kingdom 

Is the Evoque keyless entry ? if so he may of been a victim of what appears to be a new way of stealing cars, you can now buy a gizmo that picks up the signal from the keyless style key through the walls of your house and re transmits it allowing the car to be started and driven off google Relay hack for more info on this, they recommend if you have a keyless entry car you keep the keys in the microwave or the fridge as this will block the signal.

Not knowing anything about these keyless systems I have to ask does the key not need to stay in or near the car to keep it running or can you start the car and drive off without having the key with you.

Post #329686 22nd Aug 2017 3:08 pm
jules

United Kingdom 2014 Freelander 2 SD4 SE Auto Firenze Red
Re: Second Evoque in a week despite tracker.

dorsetfreelander wrote:
... the day after he got it. ...

These thefts are usually planned - insider knowledge of the sale maybe ? Jules

Post #329691 22nd Aug 2017 4:03 pm
jules

ScubaDiver wrote:
Is the Evoque keyless entry ? if so he may of been a victim of what appears to be a new way of stealing cars, you can now buy a gizmo that picks up the signal from the keyless style key through the walls of your house and re transmits it allowing the car to be started and driven off google Relay hack for more info on this, they recommend if you have a keyless entry car you keep the keys in the microwave or the fridge as this will block the signal.

Not knowing anything about these keyless systems I have to ask does the key not need to stay in or near the car to keep it running or can you start the car and drive off without having the key with you.

Once started the car will keep running without the fob but will not restart later if the fob is out of range. Jules

Post #329692 22nd Aug 2017 4:06 pm
NoDo$h

England 2010 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Santorini Black

Lightwater wrote:

Unless you use your car to turn off a dozen people like in Spain police don't want to know about it!

That, or driving at 3mph over the limit Current driveway contents:
2021 V60 Cross Country B5
2009 FL2 dog bus and shooting wagon

On Order: 2023 Fisker Ocean Ultra - deposit paid.

Post #329721 22nd Aug 2017 9:50 pm
Lightwater

Agree!

Speaking of low speed, parents in Australia are experts at turning off their children while reversing out of their driveway! Procrastination, mankind's greatest labour saving device!

Post #329725 22nd Aug 2017 11:00 pm
Stanley

United Kingdom 2014 Freelander 2 2.0T SE Manual Lago Grey

Whilst sat in a minor traffic jam on a country lane in Marple Cheshire, A farmer decided to cut the hedge next to me with his big blade thingy attached to his John Deare. It was cutting through 50mm timber and fired most of it at me.
Broke all the windows on the N/S and damaged every panel and the roof. some of it was 60% penetration.
He did not even stop and wrecked a Merc Sprinter and a Audi A8 in front of me.
We 3 effected motorists did a class action against himI , the total bill came to £68.000

Post #331655 21st Sep 2017 3:43 pm
jules

you must have some pics - let's see Very Happy Jules

Post #331680 21st Sep 2017 10:42 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1