Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > Off Topic > Dishwashers
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 3 of 3 <123
Print this entire topic · 
Steve D

United Kingdom 

Since we had a new kitchen fitted in 2000, we have had to replace all our appliances as they have come to the end of their life all except the built-in Hotpoint dishwasher. I've replaced the top tray spinner, the tablet drawer cover and just recently, the filter assembly. Still going strong but I find now and then we need to run one of those dishwasher cleaners through it when the plates start coming out a bit dirty. Past: FL2 TD4 HSE Auto
Evoque SD4 Dynamic Lux Auto
Present: Audi A3 S Line.

Post #329062 12th Aug 2017 9:20 pm
IDL

England 2011 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Manual Stornoway Grey

The Doctor wrote:

Quick question for the Bosch crowd, there is a thin grey plastic flexible blade sitting diagonally on the bottom shelf. No idea what its purpose is and it isn't mentioned in the manual as far as I can see... Any thoughts?

When I first read your question I had no idea, but it's just occurred to me that I think we had something similar when we go ours.
Is it approx 600 mm long? Not sure but I think it's a seal or gap filler, possibly for a built in installation. Not sure, but i don't think it's nothing you need to make the dishwasher work.

Post #329091 13th Aug 2017 3:50 pm
Past master

United Kingdom 

Had three Bosch machines - one lasted pretty well, had to be repaired once but died shortly after that; second was left when we moved house; third died when just out of guarantee. We then bought a Miele, which has a slightly clunkier design but has flood protection and a long guarantee. On the whole, I'd always pay extra for the Miele quality.
As regards tablets etc, the pricey ones already contain salt and rinse aid, as mentioned above. The instruction book will tell you whether you need extra salt depending on the hardness of your water (your water company will give you a free analysis of your tap water). Never pay full price for the likes of finish tabs - Sainsbury's always seem to have one of their versions at half price.
I only bother to scrape pans if stuff is really caked on - and don't seem to have problems with filters. One warning though, be careful if you like cauliflower cheese or similar - the sauce can gunge up the internal workings of the dishwasher, so I always scrape and rinse the dish before washing.
Contradictory advice about knives - they wash better point up, but sharp pointy ones should be point down for safety. Don't wash anything with wooden or bone handles, don't wash your best glasses, and certainly not lead crystal, or anything with gold rim, don't allow steel and EPNS to touch in the rack. And the machine will eventually remove the pattern from all your favourite Dr Who mugs - be warned! Ex AA Series III LWB Safari - Gone
300TDi Disco (bought new - terrible car) sent back after 18 months
Freelander 1 Estate - leased, given back at end of lease
200TDi Disco (bought from a mate with 100,000 on the clock) - Gone
Disco 2 TD5 - sold and exported to France
FR2 TD4 GS - Gone
FR2 SD4 HSE - Now changed for a DS
New model ex-demo Evoque S 180 in white
Unable to order a new DS, so gave up. Now have a Volvo S90 Recharge.

Post #329103 13th Aug 2017 8:19 pm
The Doctor

United Kingdom 

Cheers all Thumbs Up LL.B (Hons) - University of Derby
LOT (Lord of Time) - University of Gallifrey

Post #329111 13th Aug 2017 9:42 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 3 of 3 <123