Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > Maintenance & Modifications > DAB + SSD + A bit of training (yup! Again!) from the experts
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
dezweb52

DAB + SSD + A bit of training (yup! Again!) from the experts

Hello! Thank you for letting me join this, frankly amazing group!

Unfortunately, I've got a few questions about installing the DAB module into an 07 SE. I've got the module installed, MOST T-splitter and antenna. The MOST network is stable, and everything *appears* to be ok.

However, I just cant seem to figure out how to configure the CCF. I'm not sure how to upload the existing "as-built" one to change (or to even back up just in case!). SDD doesn't seem to be the most intuitive piece of software to use... I've played about and can see that the DAB module responds correctly.

I have done some homework and found these:
http://www.freel2.com/forum/topic28928.html?highlight=sdd
http://www.freel2.com/forum/topic25664.html?highlight=sdd
http://www.freel2.com/forum/topic27556.html?highlight=sdd
http://www.freel2.com/forum/topic27236.html?highlight=sdd
http://www.freel2.com/forum/topic24901.html?highlight=sdd

but, to be honest none the wiser. I was just wondering if someone would be as kind to give a step by step guide? Uploading CCF, changing it, putting it back, or where to change it in software (prefered). Although, if I could get the "as-built" CCF, I can upload it without using SDD using a CANcase (done it on newer vehicles, just cant get my CCF.... Whistle ) I just don't want a brick on the drive.

I'm using a cable bought from BritishDiagnostics and software version v1.3.0.

Many thanks for your help and hope to hear from you guys soon! Even if its just a "no, go away, you be crazy!" Rolling with laughter

Post #326946 11th Jul 2017 9:28 pm
Vanny

United Kingdom 2013 Freelander 2 SD4 XS Auto Santorini Black

I wouldn't recommend trying to upload it with a CANcase. The modules all have a security layer and unless you have the JLR engineering tool, and the correct script, you will more than likely brick the BCM (and never get to flashing the IPC).

You will be much better off using SDD which gives a level of idiot proofing, and i'm assuming that is why the interface is so bloody awful! It will also get your as built from the JLR server, and cunningly try to hide it on the hard drive (search by edit date Wink )

I am lucky enough to have a genuine DA adapter and Topix access through work, so i'm afraid I can't help you with work arounds for the older systems. I figured out how to get access to the CCF editor by looking on some of the Russian land rover forums which might give you a clue. My Russian is pretty poor, but copious use of Google Translate found me what i needed and more.

Do you know what values you need to change? That might be a good starting point.

Post #326950 11th Jul 2017 10:21 pm
dezweb52

Thanks for getting back to me. Smile I'm hoping to toggle the DAB module setting, I believe its something like "Digital Broadcast Radio" or some such. So I believe it should be kicking about somewhere in SDD....But, I can't find the Censored thing.

Understood about the CANcase, its a bit of a ball ache as you have to regenerate keys and stuff, its a bit of a nightmare that I much rather not undertake (at the moment, it does seem easier than SDD though!) cos the potential to break something is a bit higher.

I also have Topix access, not sure how that works with SDD though? Should I be able to use my ID for SDD?

Thanks again,
Dereck

Post #326971 12th Jul 2017 9:18 am
dezweb52

Well, I had a play about and, if I'm reading this right, the module is detected successfully.

https://www.freel2.com/gallery/albums/user...odules.JPG

Looking at what I think is the current CCF in the car, I believe its is set to enable the module as it states "With Digital Broadcasting".

https://www.freel2.com/gallery/albums/user...status.JPG

The "as built" file states "Without Digitial Broadcasting", which SDD shows as different from the BMC and the IPM.

https://www.freel2.com/gallery/albums/user...ompare.JPG

So, I'm now at a loss on what to do. As according the SDD, the car config should let me use the module. But, still switched between FM1 and FM2. If the module is faulty, should it show up in diagnostics? I would of thought it would of flagged up on the Vehicle Specification screen...

Any ideas or help?

Post #326996 12th Jul 2017 5:44 pm
dezweb52

Right,
following the advice on

https://www.freel2.com/forum/topic28928.ht...ering+lock

I've managed to get SDD to let me configure the Digital Broadcast Radio Setting

Click image to enlarge

However, it seems that the BCM doesn't think that I have Auto Headlights. However, I do, I have the switch set to auto and they work (XS spec). So I'm hesitent to download this update incase it messes up the car....

Click image to enlarge

Does this utility upload only changed settings? Or does it reflash the whole CCF? Does that do the same thing as the *configure module* (that I've tried and didn't do anything). I don't want to overwrite a setting that is currently working.

Please help out! I'm quite close, I can taste it, just don't want to mess up my car! Bow down Bow down

Post #327108 14th Jul 2017 7:49 pm
Vanny

United Kingdom 2013 Freelander 2 SD4 XS Auto Santorini Black

I would guess that the Auto Headlight setting for your car is in a different location and the configuration line you are seeing is a legacy one not appropriate for your car. Unfortunately I don't know the CCF parameters well enough to give you a definitive.

When you flash the CCF into the car, it writes every setting. It doesn't just update the changes.

In theory you can always go back to the 'as built' CCF to restore the original functionality, but like you I am ever so cautious about turning the car into a brick and have never had to go there.

Post #327117 14th Jul 2017 9:36 pm
dezweb52

Just tried changing it to the option in the above image, and still nothing when cycling through the FM button. Just FM1 and FM2. I must be missing something. Could be the module is faulty, or the wrong option selected in the drop down, there are two.... No errors about it being incorrectly configured though. Sigh

I also meant SE spec (one below HSE). Smile Not XS....

Post #327229 17th Jul 2017 12:53 am
dezweb52

Well, I give up. I've updated the Infotainment and the audio module as well as setting the CCF and trying the instructions on here:

https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/xj-x351...ms-162263/

And nothing. Still just cycles through FM1 and FM2. If I read this right, the DAB module does show up on a scan:

https://www.freel2.com/gallery/albums/user...odules.JPG

So, I'm at a complete loss and getting frustrated with it. Esp now the back doors dont lock! Who'd own a LR?! https://www.freel2.com/forum/images/smiles/icon_rolling.gif

Post #327478 21st Jul 2017 8:07 pm
Cambo

Australia 2008 Freelander 2 i6 HSE Auto Sumatra Black

CCF editing is locked out for JLR dealers, and therefore also locked out in the god-awful British Diagnostics hack-job clone garbage SDD.

If you want to get this done, I have a contact in Warwickshire who can do it for you.

But i'm sorry, i'm not going to help anyone who buys this junk from British Diagnostics anymore. 2008 Freelander 2 HSE Si6 Black/Black - Hers
2009 Jaguar XKR 4.2 S/C Portfolio
2005 Jaguar XJR 4.2 S/C Black/Cranberry

2005 Jaguar X-Type 3.0L AWD - Gone

Post #327576 23rd Jul 2017 10:29 am
SYFL2

2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Stornoway Grey

I don't think you can blame the car when it's been messed about with.

Post #327578 23rd Jul 2017 11:24 am
dezweb52

Cambo wrote:
CCF editing is locked out for JLR dealers, and therefore also locked out in the god-awful British Diagnostics hack-job clone garbage SDD.

If you want to get this done, I have a contact in Warwickshire who can do it for you.

But i'm sorry, i'm not going to help anyone who buys this junk from British Diagnostics anymore.

Yes please, your contact would be helpful.

Post #327591 23rd Jul 2017 4:50 pm
dezweb52

SYFL2 wrote:

Who's blaming what car, when?

Post #327598 23rd Jul 2017 7:22 pm
Yorky Bob

United Kingdom 2013 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Firenze Red

DAB radio is overrated so why bother. Whistle FL2 MY10 TD4 GS traded in at 2 years
FL2 MY13 TD4 GS Current

Post #327602 23rd Jul 2017 7:51 pm
dezweb52

You know, im thinking the same thing! Rolling with laughter

I think im going to look for a cheap data only contract for streaming, pity the bluetooth doeasnt stream media, but i have the aux port for that.

Ho hum. Always fun to try something different thought.

Post #327607 23rd Jul 2017 8:09 pm
dezweb52

SYFL2 wrote:

Ah, i see what you mean. Im fristrated becuase i dont know why its not working, esp when the CCF is right. More frustated for the lack of knowing why.

The locks are nothing to do with im undertaking, the motors are going, which is a common problem with LR cars of this vintage, along with one of the tweeter speakers not working.

LR ownership is all about suprises like that. Little silly things going like that. Then again, its 10 yrs old, and the new LRs arent much better. Hence asking who'd own one!?

So no, not blaming the car, but not blaming a ccf change for my door locks failing either.... Whistle

Post #327609 23rd Jul 2017 8:18 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1