Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > General > Time for a change?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
Print this entire topic · 
Northcroft

England 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Manual Zermatt Silver

I only bought my first 2007 Freelander 2 HSE in Dec for £5000 with 157,000 miles on the clock, car is still NEW to me but feels like a great car, and looks great, i can't say all freelanders look great but the HST bits add a touch of class I reckon, reading this forum terrifies me into thinking what may go wrong. Sad

I only change cars when I get tired of them, my last car was nearly perfect, a Honda Civic Type S GT, had it for 4 years, passed 4 MOTs no bother, had all the shocks and springs replaced last year as the ride was feeling harsh, in the end went for a complete change, I wanted comfort at age 61.

The jobs you say need doing seem quite small, plus you, like everyone else on here seems to have a younger model than me (car not wife) Rolling with laughter

I say keep it!! Bow down

talking of incomes, I retired early at 50 !! on a small pension, it has now reached only £9000 a year, loose change to many on here I reckon. Thankfully I don't smoke or drink, Big Cry I am hoping the FL2 will keep going until my state pension in 2021

Plus I only do 300 miles a month, a 2007 model may be old but its the most comfortable car I have had (since I had a Honda legend)

Post #324673 6th Jun 2017 10:07 am
LR NUT

Scotland 2014 Freelander 2 TD4_e Dynamic Manual Fuji White

Agree the HST and later dynamic kit do make the car look more aggressive and planted MY14 Kahn Converted Dynamic - Fuji White Ebony/Pimento Interior
MY15 Xenon Headlight Conversion

MY17 RRS SVR - Estoril Blue Cirrus/Ebony 🪣💺’s

Post #324695 6th Jun 2017 3:38 pm
eddiekol

United Kingdom 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Zermatt Silver

Thanks to everyone for all your advice which is very much appreciated.I usually change my cars every 2 or 3 years and may be using my retirement as an excuse.I am in no hurry to change,but every time I look in the classifieds,nothing compares to the Freelander.It suits my needs,although the 4wd. system is not essential,but worth having.To be honest,I would,ideally like to trade up to a newer version at about 3 years old,but my budget restricts me.I will get the rear pads changed and then take it from there.

Post #324702 6th Jun 2017 7:18 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12