« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > Off Topic > Walk the Walk
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Yorky Bob

United Kingdom 2013 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Firenze Red
Walk the Walk

Spent the last few days seeing if we could change the bosses car. (not the FL2) Its draining doing the rounds but got to a point yesterday in an Audi dealers were I said take a grand off and its a done deal. Not possible was the answer. so I Walked the Walk.

Yep, you have guessed and phone went at home in 2 hours, not quite a grand but a large slice of it. - So Walk the Walk.

Interesting genuine purchase (it had a private plate on to be removed) as its second hand at 38 miles registered this month, guy had purchased it and surprised his wife, he was more than surprised to be told to take it back from where it had come from.

TT Black Edition with a few nice extras and works out a over £6,000 saving on list. On Carwow you can get good discounts on new but you have to take the finance as offered and then see where your trade-in gets you also often the cars are a more mixed strange spec or no spec at all.

Fingers crossed it a OK car. FL2 MY10 TD4 GS traded in at 2 years
FL2 MY13 TD4 GS Current

Post #324234 30th May 2017 12:26 pm
chicken george

United Kingdom 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Manual Santorini Black

If thats York Audi , they once sold me an A3 with 38 miles on clock , surprise purchase for an ungrateful wife. not sure if its a good sales tactic or the truth, but the car was well priced and it was one of the first sportbacks so the waiting list would have been several months otherwise.

a large scratch on the bonnet backed up the wife story a little, apparently thats where she belted it with her handbag. that was repaired very professionally I never noticed it again

ungrateful wife indeed the guy had added nearly every extra to the car, big wheels bose , red leather black headliners etc etc. (5k worth total I think)
I got it for the price of a brand new unspecced car.

cylinder head cracked and was diagnosed the day before the warranty ended, lucky lucky, it had been in or a few tests before as we knew it was using coolant.

Same car came to some grief in Leeds when some no-marks reared it and immediately got out and laid on pavement bemoaning bad backs, whip lash, the lady passenger decided she was going to miscarry on the spot. nothing ever came of that thankfully At work
At home

"I can't always believe facts I read on the web" - Charles Dickens

winner by default of the tractor vs caravan race

Post #324241 30th May 2017 1:06 pm
RogB

England 2013 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Lux Auto Santorini Black

A woman I work with in Doncaster has recently bought a 2nd hand white TT from York Audi.
Quick efficient deal was done (she was a cash + trade in buyer)
They drove the car down from York to Doncaster, and swapped the cars over outside the office having done all the paperwork in the dealership when she test drove it 5 days earlier

Quite impressive I thought and good service from Audi York

Post #324243 30th May 2017 1:18 pm
MartynB

United Kingdom 2009 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Auto Zermatt Silver

VAG group often give their best prices on a finance deal Bob. If you phone the guy at Broadspeed he will even tell you to take the finance on his best price deals, and then cancel it and pay off the balance. Strange world but they reckon a significant majority of new cars are sold on PCP plans these days.

With respect to the TT I think they are a cracking car, modern classic, and the " Black" edition is great. Did you get a Quattro version ? They are all petrol now aren't they ? I had a very nicely specced one on demo a couple of years back as a potential company car you will love tearing around in it when you can borrow the keys Thumbs Up

Ps CG ref rear -ending, did you see in the papers Aviva reject one in ten claims for personal injury , but still reckon fraud costs the 85 million a year ! 2009 GS Auto Zermatt Silver - Sold June 21 after 10 years of ownership

2016 Subaru Outback SE 2.0 diesel SE Premium Lineartronic Sold 2024 after 8 years and 80k miles . Best Car I ever owned !

2023 Toyota Hilux invincible X 2.8 Auto .

Post #324244 30th May 2017 1:22 pm
Yorky Bob

United Kingdom 2013 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Firenze Red

Lots of ungrateful wives in Yorkshire Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter FL2 MY10 TD4 GS traded in at 2 years
FL2 MY13 TD4 GS Current

Post #324245 30th May 2017 1:45 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1