Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > Off Topic > All this talk of watches...
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 22 <123 ... 202122>
Print this entire topic · 
Stevie5tapes

England 2013 Freelander 2 TD4_e GS Auto Sumatra Black
Re: All this talk of watches...

The Doctor wrote:
As much as I like the Omega Seamaster and Omega is my favourite brand, I simply cannot afford the cost, justify the monthly payments or ask Santa for help.

That being said, another favourite brand of mine Tag Heuer, have this which is tempting me: http://www.goldsmiths.co.uk/TAG-Heuer-Form.../17381197/

I've got the Tag limited edition Red Bull version. It's a very nice watch and the blue colour is very nice. Black MY2013 SD4 GS Auto, Wood Company Armrest, Freel2 sticker.
Gone MY2010 Freelander 2 Manual TD4.e S, Alaska White.

Post #323003 5th May 2017 11:22 am
npinks

United Kingdom 

as previously posted on my own thread about watches, i was going to buy a Omega Plant Ocean, but i just can't find my way to spending £5k on a watch, they hold or make money, but i never went through and bought a camera instead and some other stuff

i have bought a watch a couple of months back and Apple Watch, which is great so far

i do recall a forum member showing me a watch one evening, gold, leather, a brand i can't recall the name of, but I later found out it was worth as much as a what a Discovery 5 HSE Lux would cost now Shocked Shocked Laughing Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Post #323007 5th May 2017 12:17 pm
Largered

yes I was a YUPPIE in the 80s ..... Rolex ..... Merc .... Sex .... Loads a money .... I miss the women ...... and I'm sure they miss ME !!!

But now MY time ...... is MY own ....... I got the Golden Goose's Egg ...... and now I do what I like .....when I like .... I bought houses for my daughters, so they don't need to worry about mortgages ....... like my parents did.

All this talk about time ......... stops me from drinking Red Wine ........ LargeRed.

Post #323011 5th May 2017 1:02 pm
taztastic

England 

npinks wrote:
as previously posted on my own thread about watches, i was going to buy a Omega Plant Ocean, but i just can't find my way to spending £5k on a watch, they hold or make money, but i never went through and bought a camera instead and some other stuff

i have bought a watch a couple of months back and Apple Watch, which is great so far

i do recall a forum member showing me a watch one evening, gold, leather, a brand i can't recall the name of, but I later found out it was worth as much as a what a Discovery 5 HSE Lux would cost now Shocked Shocked Laughing

Vacheron Constantin Whistle

Post #323020 5th May 2017 4:06 pm
Largered

........ don't go giving me your Harry Potter talk ..... Rolling with laughter

Post #323021 5th May 2017 4:11 pm
booktrunk

United Kingdom 2010 Freelander 2 TD4_e GS Manual Stornoway Grey

Omega moon watch please Smile
Settled at the moment for a Garmin Fenix 5x Smile very different but rather cool in a geeky way. (Yes, I work in IT).

Post #323040 5th May 2017 9:37 pm
npinks

United Kingdom 

taztastic wrote:

That's the one😜 Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Post #323046 6th May 2017 9:00 am
Steve D

United Kingdom 

Well, a quick trip up to Bond Street today to try one on in the Breguet boutique and all good. Just a watch. Not even a date or a second hand and only 5mm thick with an automatic movement. Amazing. Looks good on even my skinny wrist. I'll be putting an offer in on a secondhand one on Monday morning. Fingers crossed.

Oh yeah, servicing every 3-5 years at a cost of £595. They had those automatic watch winders in the store too. "How much?" I said. "Very reasonable - between 1 and 2 thousand" they said. I said I'd let them know! Whistle Past: FL2 TD4 HSE Auto
Evoque SD4 Dynamic Lux Auto
Present: Audi A3 S Line.

Post #323062 6th May 2017 5:10 pm
MartynB

United Kingdom 2009 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Auto Zermatt Silver

Very elegant Thumbs Up £ 2k Whistle I think I'd be giving the winding device a miss too, on my watch, if I've not worn it for a day or two it takes me about 30 seconds to wind a few times adjust the time to the 24 hour hand, the date, and screw the crown down, I wouldn't worry too much about their service estimate time if it's not going to be a daily wear. 2009 GS Auto Zermatt Silver - Sold June 21 after 10 years of ownership

2016 Subaru Outback SE 2.0 diesel SE Premium Lineartronic Sold 2024 after 8 years and 80k miles . Best Car I ever owned !

2023 Toyota Hilux invincible X 2.8 Auto .

Post #323065 6th May 2017 7:43 pm
Steve D

United Kingdom 

Steve D wrote:
Well, a quick trip up to Bond Street today to try one on in the Breguet boutique and all good. Just a watch. Not even a date or a second hand and only 5mm thick with an automatic movement. Amazing. Looks good on even my skinny wrist. I'll be putting an offer in on a secondhand one on Monday morning. Fingers crossed.

Well, that fell through because despite inviting an offer on what was a bloody expensive watch, even secondhand, they refused an offer just £150 short of the asking price. They've still got it. Anyway, after thinking about it, I wouldn't get much use out if it so I'm going to go for something I will use everyday. An Omega Speedmaster '57. A 'reinterpretation' of the watch that was released in my birth year. Cheaper than the Breguet as well! Just got to find one at a good price - I refuse to pay retail for one.

Past: FL2 TD4 HSE Auto

Last edited by Steve D on 11th Jun 2017 2:49 pm. Edited 1 time in total

Post #324969 11th Jun 2017 8:11 am
gasman

United Kingdom 2009 Freelander 2 TD4_e GS Manual Zermatt Silver

€10 watch from the lucky lucky man on holiday in Tenerife. Lifetime warranty as long as I take it back to his home in Senegal.
That was 10 years ago, haven't needed to claim on the warranty still going and keeping good time. Very Happy Now at the point when I learn something new something old is lost out the other side !
Now retired so it doesn't matter anymore.
Freelander now gone.

Post #324994 11th Jun 2017 1:20 pm
jubdad

2012 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Auto Santorini Black

MartynB wrote:
Very elegant Thumbs Up £ 2k Whistle I think I'd be giving the winding device a miss too, on my watch, if I've not worn it for a day or two it takes me about 30 seconds to wind a few times adjust the time to the 24 hour hand, the date, and screw the crown down, I wouldn't worry too much about their service estimate time if it's not going to be a daily wear.

I keep my Breitling Montbrillant Olympus on a winder - not at £2k though, about £50 of eBay iirc. It's necessary because setting the perpetual calendar after it's stopped is a right Royal pain.

Post #325013 11th Jun 2017 5:21 pm
Steve D

United Kingdom 

Got it! My 60th birthday present.

Bought it early as I got it for a very good price. Wife says I can play with it indoors today but I've got to put it away until my birthday. Only another 170 sleeps! Laughing

Edit
Bloody photobucket. Past: FL2 TD4 HSE Auto

Last edited by Steve D on 13th Jul 2017 9:35 pm. Edited 1 time in total

Post #325094 13th Jun 2017 3:00 pm
npinks

United Kingdom 

Thumbs Up Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Post #325095 13th Jun 2017 3:07 pm
MartynB

United Kingdom 2009 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Auto Zermatt Silver

Nice Very Happy 2009 GS Auto Zermatt Silver - Sold June 21 after 10 years of ownership

2016 Subaru Outback SE 2.0 diesel SE Premium Lineartronic Sold 2024 after 8 years and 80k miles . Best Car I ever owned !

2023 Toyota Hilux invincible X 2.8 Auto .

Post #325099 13th Jun 2017 3:23 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 22 <123 ... 202122>