Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > General > What is going on with my drivers seat??
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
Print this entire topic · 
DonnaJ78

United Kingdom 

HappyNomad wrote:
Isn't it something simple like set the seat as you want it and the hold the selected memory button until the new position is registered?

I can't put my hand to the owner manual just now but I'm sure it really is that simple.

Thanks for this reply, but i have already tried setting the drivers seat to the desired position then holding down the memory button, but each time i do, it just reverts the seat back to the previous set memorised position, #HowAnnoying!!! Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

Thanks for your help thou Very Happy Question Rolling Eyes

Post #307435 22nd Sep 2016 1:32 pm
Steve D

United Kingdom 

Set seat to desired position, press the memory button quickly followed by a numbered button. If you say, press button 1, then whenever you get in the car and someone else has altered the seat, just press button 1 again and it will go to your position. Oh, and this also works with the mirrors. When you press memory button, followed by a position button, it remembers the seat and door mirror positions. Thumbs Up Past: FL2 TD4 HSE Auto
Evoque SD4 Dynamic Lux Auto
Present: Audi A3 S Line.

Post #307437 22nd Sep 2016 1:41 pm
Dartman the one

England 

Had this problem and have now solved it, set seat and mirrors in desired position, press memory and hold, then press the number, when the Info display indicates Memory X saved let them go. you are now saved Smile my PC is slightly to the right of Genghis
2012 HSE SD4 In Orkney Grey now gone, best car ever.

Post #307439 22nd Sep 2016 1:54 pm
MRRover75

Norway 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Manual Tambora Flame

Hi,

Not meaning to hijack this thread, but seems resonable to continue on this one as it seems like I migth have the same problem.

Yesterday I noticed that the lumbar support was out of adjustment after a short trip. I also noticed that the seat tilted sligthly backwards during reversing the car into my driveway. Seems like the seat starts to have a mind of its own. Pushing the memory button 1 made the seat back into my position.

So, what can cause the memory seat to act like this??

Post #322499 28th Apr 2017 8:53 am
bbrap

England 2015 Freelander 2 SD4 Metropolis LE Auto Loire Blue

Not sure on which models with memory seats its fitted, but my Metro has an easy access option in the menu system which lowers and moves the seat back when you shut off the engine. When you start it again it goes back to where it was. Makes getting in and out easier if you are a bit of a short arse. FL2 Metropolis, Loire Blue, ebony/ivory

Post #322547 28th Apr 2017 6:23 pm
blacktiger

England 2013 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Auto Santorini Black

Mine has that as well and I remember when I first got it it did it. But after setting the "settings" to how I want them, it stopped doing it even though "Easy Entry" is ticked. Perhaps I should untick the box.

I didn't know the memory seats affected the mirror position as well. That might be the reason my mirrors don't seem to be in the correct place after they've folded out after unlocking. MY13 Santorini Black SD4 HSE

Post #322617 30th Apr 2017 10:09 am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12