Home > Maintenance & Modifications > Nexus 7 In Dash install
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
mij

Kenya 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Auto Stornoway Grey
Nexus 7 In Dash install

Hi, I'm a complete newbie here!

I own a 08 plate Freelander 2 GS model. The factory stereo has stopped working (think the internal amp has gone). Was thinking of buying an aftermarket Pioneer. Decided against it so that I could put my Nexus 7 to good use. I've set up the software etc to run as the main head unit.

I'm struggling to wire the thing up. Removing the factory unit was easy however I do not have the wiring diagrams to tell me what wire is what. I have bought a wiring harness (connects2) however that only wires up the speakers (doesn't connect the parking sensors).

If anyone can help me with the correct wiring diagrams or can tell me what each wire does (so I do not end up cutting the wrong wires) then I would be very grateful. I want to be able to connect the speakers to the tablet. The power will have to come through that as well as I'm using a OTG Y cable which will connect to a 5V cigarette lighter behind the dash.

Anyone able to help me out? Currently driving around with no entertainment and no parking sensors ala 1965!

Thanks in advance!

Post #321657 18th Apr 2017 11:58 am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1