Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > General > Just one mudflap!
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
charlesp

Just one mudflap!

I'm gradually working through the list of small niggles, and now I want to address the problem of one warped mudflap. I have no idea how it happened, but it was a long time ago, and attempts have been made to bodge it in the past.

Additional self-tappers have been applied through it to the wheel arch rim (Aarrgh!) without the guilty party realising that a warped mud flap isn't going to respond to that sort of treatment. They have obviously tried to get the oid one off, both the self tapper underneath and the (I think) rivet-nut head inside are rounded off. The latter is turning at both ends, so drastic action is called for. I can manage to get the thing off, but I feel too mean to buy a set of two Land Rover flaps.

Are the aftermarket ones identical? If I fit just one will my Freelander be lopsided or must I fit the pair?

Post #321226 11th Apr 2017 3:31 pm
Lightwater

Ukraine 2013 Freelander 2 2.0T SE Auto Fuji White

charlesp wrote:
Are the aftermarket ones identical?

No.

I lost one due to mud simply weighing it down too much. Had the copies originally. So I bought 2 rear sets to have a spare set. They are better made & are less likely to break. Buy the LR originals, the screws that come with them are better as well.

This is the front but it is the extent of mud on the car.
Click image to enlarge

This is the copy which I did not loose, you can see it is cracked & doesn't have the lugs of the LR mud flaps. The mud flap had actually started cracking before this holiday.
Click image to enlarge
 Procrastination, mankind's greatest labour saving device!

Acoustic insulation ARB TPMS 3xARB air compressors After cooler Air tank On-board OCD pressure air/water cleaning Additional 50L fuel Carpet in doors ABE 2x1kg Waeco 28L modified fridge Battery 4x26ah Solar 120w Victron MPPT 100/20 DC-DC 18amps 175amp jumper plug Awning 6x255/60R18

Last edited by Lightwater on 13th Apr 2017 10:17 am. Edited 1 time in total

Post #321351 13th Apr 2017 9:48 am
charlesp

Thank you Lightwater. Land Rover it is, then.

Post #321354 13th Apr 2017 10:17 am
MartynB

United Kingdom 2009 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Auto Zermatt Silver

If you ever change the front original LR is the only way to go as well. They have the all important steel bracket that get fitted hidden behind the plastic wheel arch liner. They actually work and you don't lose them Thumbs Up 2009 GS Auto Zermatt Silver - Sold June 21 after 10 years of ownership

2016 Subaru Outback SE 2.0 diesel SE Premium Lineartronic Sold 2024 after 8 years and 80k miles . Best Car I ever owned !

2023 Toyota Hilux invincible X 2.8 Auto .

Post #321366 13th Apr 2017 12:51 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1