« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > General > Running Costs Per Year Per Year of Manufacture
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
Print this entire topic · 
MartynB

United Kingdom 2009 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Auto Zermatt Silver

Bobbyg wrote:
Martyn b what was the expensive electrical problem,I,m close Huddersfield and looking at the cost of running a freelander2 and keeping it on the road.

A faulty fuse box connection , leading to an intermittent problem. It didn't show up on diagnostics and needed everything manually testing. Even at independent rates if you ask someone to trace a fault you pay by the hour until it is sorted.

If you want a good independent service centre the two I would recommend for Huddersfield are Green Oval near Ikea, and Stonelake in Copley ( not to be confused with Copley the Franchised Dealer next door ). Stonelake did the overhaul of the diff and service of the Haldex. They are very decent guys to deal with, but then so are the guys at Green Oval. Copley are just more convenient for us and they will collect the car or run us home if we don't want a courtesy vehicle. 2009 GS Auto Zermatt Silver - Sold June 21 after 10 years of ownership

2016 Subaru Outback SE 2.0 diesel SE Premium Lineartronic Sold 2024 after 8 years and 80k miles . Best Car I ever owned !

2023 Toyota Hilux invincible X 2.8 Auto .

Post #313883 25th Dec 2016 6:28 pm
Bobbyg

England 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 S Manual Indus Silver

Hi the green oval is where the wiper set up came from.not seen the other guys.been buying parts from paddock recently.i,m retired electrical engineer so I,m trying to trace the fault myself.
Bob

Post #313887 25th Dec 2016 9:57 pm
Yorky Bob

United Kingdom 2013 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Firenze Red
A New Cost

Its the end of year 4 and just had to replace the EGR Valve at quite a lot of expense.

Still feel justified in not taking out the 4th year extended warranty offer and will be around £300 in front for not doing also avoided the extra cost of a dealer service to boot.

Total cost since new for all servicing and other parts to include 2 sets of tyres has been circa £3,200 and that includes treats like
a full Haldex service by Bell Engineering and new fluids in everything else iike power steering, diffs and new coolant. FL2 MY10 TD4 GS traded in at 2 years
FL2 MY13 TD4 GS Current

Post #321290 12th Apr 2017 1:09 pm
jenks1950

England 2013 Freelander 2 SD4 XS Auto Santorini Black

Mine is a 2013 SD4 XS purchased by me as nearly new in April 2013 and now on 71k miles

Other than normal servicing and service items, the only failure/fault has been the rear tailgate switch which I fixed myself for £20. Other than that, no rattles, squeeks or anything falling off

First two services free as I took out Landy 0% interest finance
Next two services at Land Rover 3+ scheme rates

Service items so far
1 x set of rear pads, but I have a full set of discs and pads ready to be fitted at some time together with a brake fluid change
1 x set Summer tyres + 1 x set Winter tyres

Haldex serviced and ATF changed at about 60k
AirCon serviced at 3 1/2 years

Oh and I didn't do the extended warranty thing either

Anecdotally it seems that the later post facelift 2013 models seem to have less issues and have been generally better sorted. Plus the fact that through forums like this we get to know what the problems and potential problems are so they are easier to fix or can be avoided with a little bit of additional preventative care

All in all the car has been fantastic and hard to fault. Having said that you will probably see me on the side of the M4 this weekend in a cloud of steam and pool of oi!!

Steve

Post #321292 12th Apr 2017 1:30 pm
Lightwater

Ukraine 2013 Freelander 2 2.0T SE Auto Fuji White

Rear door was rubbing against the black plastic strip on the bumper bar, had to be resprayed. The front passenger door hanging a bit low, out of alignment. Had both these issues on my previous car. Both key fobs replaced, one, the rubber came off, the other the battery started going flat and in the end only lasted one day, went through 10 batteries. LR have fixed everything.

Even though it is a MY13, purchased it new late 2014, so still under warranty, it has only done 13K km. We walk everywhere as it is not worth driving for daily needs. My local mechanic has serviced it, a few hundred dollars, oil & fuel filters replaced etc. Procrastination, mankind's greatest labour saving device!

Acoustic insulation ARB TPMS 3xARB air compressors After cooler Air tank On-board OCD pressure air/water cleaning Additional 50L fuel Carpet in doors ABE 2x1kg Waeco 28L modified fridge Battery 4x26ah Solar 120w Victron MPPT 100/20 DC-DC 18amps 175amp jumper plug Awning 6x255/60R18

Last edited by Lightwater on 13th Apr 2017 3:31 am. Edited 2 times in total

Post #321316 13th Apr 2017 12:07 am
Stuartc

Australia 2015 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Auto Aintree Green

MY15
Just had second service, only items changed in 2 years - engine oil and filter, nothing has gone wrong.
Saying this the four wheels will magically fall off this arvo or someone will write me off as the Police nearly did coming down the wrong side off the road as I was pulling out on correct side off road yesterday arvo..... Whistle MY15
Tyre Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS)
Surround Camera System
InControl Apps soon to be replaced with CarPlay (WIP)
Meridian Premium Surround Sound
Digital Audio Broadcast
Timed Climate
Cruise ECO Data
Follow Me Home Reverse
Extra Features Menu
Picture In Motion
4x4i screen (WIP)
Digital Broadcast TV
Meridian Rear Media with WIFI
Factory Powered Tailgate
Blind Spot Monitoring (BSM)