Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > Technical > 4 fault codes and reduced performance
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 3 of 3 <123
Print this entire topic · 
Trav

Scotland 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Lux Manual Rimini Red

Also if the egr is partially obstructed the position sensor will still be in the wrong position and the fault code will remain. So the blanking plate won't be the fix. Might get rid of the MAP fault tho.

Post #320545 31st Mar 2017 5:17 pm
Yorky Bob

United Kingdom 2013 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Firenze Red
EGR DIY ?

Just as well I am not stuck for transport:

Some of you deserve full marks for the EGR ideas. Indie has come down on side of EGR and is putting one on back order, will be next week before its done though. Going to leave him to do it as I am not quite as young as I was.

Would be interested to hear how others found it to be when changing them ? Have we any DIY EGR tales to tell ? FL2 MY10 TD4 GS traded in at 2 years
FL2 MY13 TD4 GS Current

Post #320810 5th Apr 2017 12:25 pm
Trav

From previous experience if there is an egr fault logged 9 out of 10 times that's your problem. This is applicable to all makes of car. Such a problematic system.

Post #320826 5th Apr 2017 6:15 pm
Yorky Bob

Bet Subaru petrol cars have a rosy future then Whistle

As I am ex trade and myself and my LR indie both worked at the Leeds main LR dealers centuries ago we will work through this sensibly but having used the correct spec oils and done lots of miles per year I am really Censored off that punters are being sold these engines that are not fit for purpose as a diesel of old was good for a zillion miles and to carbon up at 50K is Censored . FL2 MY10 TD4 GS traded in at 2 years
FL2 MY13 TD4 GS Current

Post #320831 5th Apr 2017 8:17 pm
Trav

Haha! Swings and roundabouts really. Can't see a Subaru boxer type engine doing a zillion miles either. They wear down heavily on the lower side of the cylinder and before you know it you have the dreaded fault code miss fire cylinder 2 and 4. All modern day cars have there quirks I suppose.

It's EGR that is to blame for modern day diesel filling with carbon not the engines themselves. first I would do is an egr delete if I was to buy a new style. They still pass emissions tests and you get better fuel economy and the engine doesn't get choke with carbon.

Post #320834 5th Apr 2017 8:26 pm
Yorky Bob

EGR failed on Electrics pack attached not on Carbon

Well its been a rocky road but hopefully the FL is back to full serviceability.

The EGR valve has been changed at great expense and the Indy says it was the attached electrical pack that has failed, the valve itself was not too carboned up. FL2 MY10 TD4 GS traded in at 2 years
FL2 MY13 TD4 GS Current

Post #321287 12th Apr 2017 1:47 pm
weekender

2012 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Manual Baltic Blue

Andy131 wrote:
paxman wrote:
Sorry for your woe Bob! Seeing that yours, taz and mine are MY13 I am a bit worried about the EGR problem. My car has done just over 56K but it has been regularly serviced by Team Valley LR and driven long distance lots of time.

mine has done 185k on the original EGR, and is still going strong - is the 2013 version different to the 2008 version? or is it software related? or do I drive differently to you - maybe I drive like miss Daisy Laughing

hi paxman, my last freelander had done 170k, i bought it at 125k from a garage in wolverhampton so i didnt know a lot about the cars history, it was an 07 reg gs model in tango orange. apart from regular service and new discs and pads i didnt spend a penny on it until i let it go at 170k. never had a problem with the egr.

is the egr more of a problem for cars that have a dpf fitted. i have just fitted a replacement egr and cooler to my 12 reg freelander.

Post #321304 12th Apr 2017 6:43 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 3 of 3 <123