Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > Maintenance & Modifications > Trying to figure out adding reverse camera and park assist
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
superfree2

Spain 2011 Freelander 2 SD4 S Auto Santorini Black
Trying to figure out adding reverse camera and park assist

Hi i bought a november 2010 free 2 s sd4 , they told me it had "the preinstallation of the parking aid" and that only the parking module was missing. So i bought a used parking module " 6G92-15K866-AK ".

Im also waiting for a compatible SDD obd unit to arrive.

After taking a look, I think the parking sensors that came clearly arent original from Land Rover. So i was hoping i could wire the existing parking sensors to the parking module, but i really dont know if i can somehow wire it as the parking module has a lot of pins...

Another battle, i would like to hookup a reverse camera to the oem screen. I saw a couple threads over here about the camera with a video interface but the connections dont seem the same as you can see. Also is it mandatory to have the aftermarket video interface? couldnt we somehow switch the av input from the gps to the rear camera, and then selecting the camera from the screen menu? Im also waiting for a compatible SDD obd unit maybe that could add option on the screen to change the av input?

Or maybe i should just replace the oem unit with an aftermarket..

Greetings and thanks. Thumbs Up

Post #317313 12th Feb 2017 12:42 am
superfree2

Found out on disco3.co.uk that a SMB to RCA (Phono) cable works for discovery 3, apparently just with that cable and accessing a secret menu for the av input.

https://www.disco3.co.uk/gallery/albums/us...cation.pdf

I wonder if this has been tested on the freelander 2 , do we have that menu ? Whistle

[/url]

Post #317317 12th Feb 2017 2:29 am
superfree2

I had to return the car to the resale car company (not official Land Rover dealer) i bought it from as i found a under the wheels rear noise i didnt like , and also a noise somethings when shifting , so checked the vehicle report car-fax and it reported 4 pre owners and not 1 as they told me .After the resale company not wanting to repair anything and finding out they lied to me about the preowners and a couple days of shouting to them i returned the car.

But the good news is i bought a cheaper and 1 year newer SD4 from another place, with parking sensors fitted, 18 wheels and less mileage. Thumbs Up

I received the vxdiag chinese clone obd tool, and i can already read DTCs, although it seems ill have to learn the program SDD as it has a lot of features, but it looks interesting and promising although for the moment i failed at programming 18 wheel size just for testing, couldnt flash it, i think ill have to activate the engineer mode.

Im still waiting the interface and the camera to arrive.

Post #318838 5th Mar 2017 10:06 am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1