« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > My Freelander 2 > Newbie - XS SD4 in Mauritius Blue
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>
Print this entire topic · 
Smallmankey

Wales 2013 Freelander 2 SD4 XS Auto Mauritius Blue
Newbie - XS SD4 in Mauritius Blue

Right, time to introduce myself and my new toy properly.
Here it is, in all it's splendor in a car park (note to self, mys get some better photos)

It is (for those who didn't read the title) an XS SD4 model of 2013 vintage in probably my favorite LR colour for a Freelander 2 of Mauritius Blue.
Had it just over 2 weeks now and love driving it, sadly not all going swimmingly so far as Monday afternoon this week I had the dreaded Gearbox Fault - Traction Reduced message. Tried the standard reboot procedure but this didn't work.
Luckily it was bought Approved used from LR so que a call to Land Rover Assist and I get confirmation of the P18894-14 error (as well as a U0427-68 - not sure of that one) so I am now booked in to a local (well ish) Main Dealer tomorrow (Thursday 16th) to get it looked at.
Hopefully it will be back and sorted soon and I'll have got the problems out the way quickly so I can start to enjoy my new wheels.

Post #317526 15th Feb 2017 7:20 am
mcsimmo

Scotland 2013 Freelander 2 SD4 GS Auto Mauritius Blue

Welcome to the Mauritius Blue clan! Or as I call it, malicious blue. (try forgetting that now I've said it). Don't see that many our colour. Updated- Waiting for a Scotland v England 6 Nations home win. 24th Feb 2018
Gone-1972 88 SWB Soft top
Gone-1981 24v FFR Lightweight
Gone-2009 Freelander 2 TD4 GS manual
Gone before it bankrupted me- 2008 Discovery 3 TDV6 Auto
2013 Freelander 2 SD4 GS Auto

Post #317529 15th Feb 2017 8:28 am
lukev01

United Kingdom 2013 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Santorini Black

Mine was a boring black. Just love the Mauritius Blue. Hello and welcome to the forum.

Post #317533 15th Feb 2017 9:14 am
Lightwater

Ukraine 2013 Freelander 2 2.0T SE Auto Fuji White

I like the colour & it's good to see some proper 17" rims instead of the lower profile rubbish the rest of us have for shopping centres & school runs. Procrastination, mankind's greatest labour saving device!

Acoustic insulation ARB TPMS 3xARB air compressors After cooler Air tank On-board OCD pressure air/water cleaning Additional 50L fuel Carpet in doors ABE 2x1kg Waeco 28L modified fridge Battery 4x26ah Solar 120w Victron MPPT 100/20 DC-DC 18amps 175amp jumper plug Awning 6x255/60R18

Post #317547 15th Feb 2017 11:54 am
Smallmankey

Hi all - thanks for the welcome and kind comments. The Mauritius (Malicious) Blue is definitely a lovely colour and having looked at a few silver and grey ones I was pleased when this came up. Happy chance really as I inquired from an advert on Auto-trader that didn't have a photo and listed the car as Baltic Blue, really pleased when I received a video link and it was this.
Lightwater I agree with you, I prefer the smaller wheels myself, better ride and less concern with the potholes plus makes it look more of an off road vehicle (even if I am currently down to FWD only!)

Post #317549 15th Feb 2017 1:14 pm
lukev01

United Kingdom 2013 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Santorini Black

When I bought my 2012 XS SD4 it had the 17" wheels and I bought a full sized spare in perfect condition from a forum member because I didn't want to use the foam gunk.

I don't need this any more and the forum sale appears to have fallen through as the person who wanted it has not contacted me again.

Would you be interested? Photos attached. I can sell it with or without the jack. It is still in unused condition and comes with holding screw and jack, all you need.

Luke

Post #317602 16th Feb 2017 1:09 pm
Smallmankey

Hi Luke
Thank you but mine has has a size matching spare so I have no need for another.
Sure someone out there will want one thou, many of the ones I looked at before buying this had the silly sealant gunk.

Post #317618 16th Feb 2017 6:15 pm
Smallmankey

Hi all
Just a little update, took mine into the dealer to get the Haldex issue sorted out (thank goodness for the approved warranty) last week, and I was given a Defender 110 as a courtesy car (see below pic).
Had mine back the following day, seems the Haldex Pump was the culprit and am pleased to say no fault warnings since.

As an aside just want to say how sad I think it is that when booking my Freelander in the garage seemed apologetic that the only courtesy vehicle available was the Defender. Was left with the same impression when I dropped mine off and collected the Defender, sorry all that is left etc.
Fair enough if you need an Auto a standard 110 is no go but otherwise any LR courtesy car is good. Maybe it's just me but I was happier with the Defender than I would have been with a FullfatRR (as a colleague was given by the same Dealer when his D4 went in for service).
The Defender 2.2 goes well enough and surprised how quiet it was, then I am used to it as until the Freelander the newest LR I've owned has been a 1992 TDI 90. (still have it incidentally, as well as a Bowler Tomcat 88 with the full S2/3 soft top)

Post #317887 20th Feb 2017 10:51 am
nick the greek

Greece 

I''m late to the party - but welcome to the Mauritius Blue clan all the same!
I think there's another chap from Italy that has one too... Haven't seen many others, though. 2013 SE TD4 in Mauritius Blue [Written off]

Post #318057 22nd Feb 2017 4:01 pm
Bobupndown

United Kingdom 2014 Freelander 2 SD4 GS Auto Orkney Grey

Nice looking car in that colour!

Post #318603 1st Mar 2017 7:19 pm
Smallmankey

Thank you Nick - Think mine if the first I've seen in this colour, glad I went for this one. Yours looks stunning in the picture too, need to nice sunny weather here so mine can look that good.

Thank you Discofan - smart looking D2 you have there too, wish I'd gone for a D2 some 6 yrs ago when I was in the market for one instead of being boring and going for a diesel hatchback (Hyundai i30) as the more sensible option. Always been a Discovery fan yet still to own one.

Post #319084 8th Mar 2017 7:57 am
Bobupndown

United Kingdom 2014 Freelander 2 SD4 GS Auto Orkney Grey

Hi, thanks, had it 10+ years now and currently on 153000 miles. Its clutch just started slipping (again) so it will need a new clutch, probably flywheel as well which wont leave much change out of £900 including labour Rolling Eyes
It's still driving fine, only slipping when accelerating hard in 4th or 5th so suggested to my wife that we trade it in for a late model Sd4 Freelander but this was not welcomed (She wants a D4 Bow down , but a late low mileage one would be out of our price range now ) So the trusty D2 is going in for some open wallet surgery next Friday and we'll be keeping it for another 18 months and will see how the D4 market looks then after the D5 has been out for a while.
I have really loved my Disco but Id just as happily drive a Freelander.

Post #319129 8th Mar 2017 6:54 pm
Smallmankey

Service and MOT time again, all be fine hopefully it's in good hands and a bonus as I've known the boss of the garage for years (bought my old series 2a 88 truck cab from his now wife) I was lucky enough to be able to borrow this to get me home.

Andrew

Post #417368 20th Jan 2022 9:48 am
Smallmankey

So it is 5yrs today that I collected my Freelander - also 10 yrs today since I first met my wife but back to the important bit Very Happy
In that time the Freelander has proved to be the best car have owned, a brilliant family bus and excellent tin tent tow car.
Now looking at ways to preserve it as I honestly don't know what I would replace it with hence I've bought a Lanoguard kit and need to find time to use it now. Andrew

Post #417784 28th Jan 2022 8:11 pm
Blackbird14

United Kingdom 2013 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Manual Baltic Blue

Hi

Please let us know how the Lanoguard goes on as I am interested in doing this myself.

Thanks
Dave

Post #417785 28th Jan 2022 8:56 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>