« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > Maintenance & Modifications > Haldex Maintenance
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 10 of 24 <123 ... 91011 ... 222324>
Print this entire topic · 
RogB

England 2013 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Lux Auto Santorini Black

archie98 wrote:
Thank you for your reply it was a independent guy who did the work he spoke to the main dealer in Chesterfield and they told him that they had never done one my car has done almost 60k

ive had a few dealings with that dealership in Chesterfield, bought my first FL2 off them and my latest Evoque. Both times the sales team have been excellent and the deal on the Evoque was really good, they couldn't do enough to help.

BUT... the service department lets them down seriously badly! On this occasion, they failed to rectify ANY of the minor faults I picked up on test drive of the Evoque, failed to service it even though the 'service required' warning had been showing on test drive, and failed to MOT it even though it only has 2 months left and the LR approved promises a minimum 11 months.

They also tried to convince me on my previous visits with my FL2 that they had never heard of any issues with FL2 diffs, haldex or DMF failures. The sales team acknowledged that they had heard of issues but couldn't comment (which is fair enough).

I wont be paying for anything service wise from LR Chesterfield, but have been advised that LR Doncaster service dept are much better.

Post #304572 15th Aug 2016 10:46 am
Roadhog300

United Kingdom 2013 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Orkney Grey

Oh dear this doesn't make good reading as I have got to book mine in under warranty for gearbox fault reduced trasmission message.

Post #304578 15th Aug 2016 1:21 pm
CliveS

United Kingdom 2011 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Auto Zermatt Silver

Maybe not so bad if it's under warranty, you could end up with a whole new transmission with the way some of them just seem to change complete assemblies until the fault goes away Laughing

Post #304579 15th Aug 2016 1:30 pm
Roadhog300

United Kingdom 2013 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Orkney Grey

Lets hope so, It's JCT600 warranty they have rung me this morning and told me to book it in at Landrover Chesterfield wish me luck.

Post #304582 15th Aug 2016 1:40 pm
Dickie86

England 

Yes Bob it's just a large O ring round the body of the unit that seals inside the diff when fitted.
Sorry do t have part number to hand but if you ring dealer they should give you it over phone if you have any trouble I'll try find out for you.
As for reusing old one I would say inspect and make a call but I would expect them not to be more then a few £ so just purchase new one to be on safe side.

Post #305084 23rd Aug 2016 9:53 am
jenks1950

England 2013 Freelander 2 SD4 XS Auto Santorini Black

Just to add that I have now had my Haldex serviced by Austen of Bell Engineering

2013 Auto SD4 with 62k miles. There was plenty of the black "gunge" around the filters. I didn't take any photo's but similar to what has been posted earlier in this thread and I cannot believe that it would not have started to cause problems within the next 20k or so miles so very pleased to get it done

lovely guy who seems to know a lot about Haldex's

Steve

Post #306390 9th Sep 2016 12:06 pm
Gapster

France 

Is there a recommended product for cleaning the gen 3 Haldex?

If you happen to overfill with oil after refitting is it self-compensating? ie. After the refill and start engine procedure will any excess be squirted out of an oil breather or similar?

.....still waiting for my workshop manual Cool Very Happy Only dead fish go with the flow

Post #306713 13th Sep 2016 3:48 pm
austen_fl2

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Auto Stornoway Grey

I use an industrial degreaser www.bellengineering.co.uk

Post #306714 13th Sep 2016 4:00 pm
littletriple

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Manual Stornoway Grey

I also did this yesterday & made the 380 mile round trip from Kent to see Austen & get my Haldex 3 serviced. Was going to do the job myself but decided to benefit from his skill & experience instead. All went like clockwork and I would recommend to everyone. My car has only 42k on the clock but Austen reckons this is the mileage to get the Haldex sorted. Apparently mine wasn't too bad but there was sludge etc & needed doing & surely any mechanism like this will benefit from some TLC & a fluid change. I simply don't understand Land Rover's complacency on this & certain other maintenance issues....

Most unfortunately I couldn't try the local brews as driving back the same day Sad Next time!

Thanks Austen. Cool

Appreciated,
Martin.

Post #308485 5th Oct 2016 8:09 pm
freeatlast

United Kingdom 2010 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Lago Grey
Feedback for Austen at Bell Engineering

My MY10 has done 45K miles and had noticed, a few times, the vibration while setting off on full RH lock. (Feels like you have run over marbles in the road.) Also the all terrain system did give me a message that it was 'unavailable' a couple of times, back in May last year, with flashing warning light on the dash. I just reset the electrics by shutting down and restarting the car to see if it was a permanent fault - it was OK again.

As I was going to be visiting Warwick area last Weekend I decided to give Bell Engineering a call and see if it was possible to get the Haldex serviced.

Austen is very accommodating and we agreed to meet on Sunday, which fitted in nicely with Sunday lunch in Cleobury Mortimer. Austen first test-drove the car and agreed the Haldex was giving some signs of the need for an oil and filter change. Austen completed the work in under 2 hours. Mine did have some 'gunk' btw.

If you have any of these symptoms or you have got to 40K miles why not try Bell engineering.

Thanks again Austen.

Post #316419 28th Jan 2017 5:02 pm
JGH99

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Stornoway Grey
More feedback on Bell Engineering

Hi all, had my haldex serviced by Austen at Bell Engineering today.

No problem with haldex (as far as I knew) but felt at 112,000 miles it must be due a service. Sure enough filter full of black sludge and thick goop. Electric pump no better.

All cleared out and refitted in the time it took us to have a nice lunch with some local friends.

Great service, top bloke. I can't recommend enough.

Cheers Austen, John. Freelander 2 GS Stornoway Grey
Jan 2007 Bought 71,000 miles. Currently 149,300 miles.

Post #317798 18th Feb 2017 9:50 pm
austen_fl2

Thanks for all the positive feedback guys. Nice to hear you are all happy with the service we offer. Smile www.bellengineering.co.uk

Post #317801 18th Feb 2017 10:13 pm
Arctic

United Kingdom 2014 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Auto Orkney Grey

Marked for requirement as and when I get round to service the Heldex, how often should the oil be changed on the unit ? cheers Arctic

Post #320248 27th Mar 2017 10:12 am
austen_fl2

Every 20k to be on the safe side. Filter change very 40k www.bellengineering.co.uk

Post #320249 27th Mar 2017 10:39 am
RogB

England 2013 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Lux Auto Santorini Black

whats the cost of a Haldex service on a 2013 Auto please Austen ?

Post #320252 27th Mar 2017 10:53 am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 10 of 24 <123 ... 91011 ... 222324>