« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > General > Lancaster Landrover BHam North - any feedback
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
jules

United Kingdom 2014 Freelander 2 SD4 SE Auto Firenze Red
Lancaster Landrover BHam North - any feedback

Ive used Colliers Landrover of Erdington for decades - they recently moved to a new site on the Tyburn Road. They've now become Lancaster Landrover North BHam.
Rang this am to book a service. Service dept lines busy - so receptionist said they would ring back on my mobile number.
NOTHING

Anyone have any feedback to offer about this dealership under a new name. Should I try elsewhere ? Jules

Post #311224 16th Nov 2016 10:05 pm
DennisV

United Kingdom 

Sorry for the delayed response.

I've had my Freelander serviced there twice under the 3 year plus scheme, the 5 year service being done today.

I am very pleased with them, everything done on time and, a nice touch this, a short walk round video taken by the technician working on the car explaining what had been done was sent to my phone while I was still there.

I shall certainly use them in future, coffee is good too 😀

Post #314644 6th Jan 2017 8:49 pm
The Road Toad

England 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Manual Narvik Black

And......

That is probably the most expensive cup of coffee you will ever buy!

Indy for me every time Tattoos - Why would you choose to look like the wall of a public toilet?

Post #314670 7th Jan 2017 9:55 am
DennisV

United Kingdom 

I didn’t think £299 all in for the 5 year service and MOT (and coffee, and video, and collection/courtesy car had I wanted it) was too bad to keep a full main dealer service history?

Mind you I’d agree it looks poor value against Volvo’s 5 year service package for £500! I’ll be looking closely at the new XC60 in July when it will first be seen in UK showrooms (although deliveries will be some months later).

I do also pay for the extended LR warranty (which I’ve never had to claim on) but having the warranty and the main dealer service history means I don’t have to worry about unexpected bills. And since the warranty is transferable that and the full history will probably help at sale time? This year the warranty is £790 inc LR Assist but next year it would increase even further to around £1,000 so that's probably the time to think about alternatives.

Which Indy do you use and how much for an interim service and MOT?

Post #314692 7th Jan 2017 3:23 pm
The Road Toad

England 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Manual Narvik Black

Fair comment - but us pensioners have to watch the pennies.
Last service at 102,000 miles was £241.70 inc MOT & regas for the AC at a local indy in Nuneaton and they offer a lift to and fro if it is raining.
Have just updated the overall costs of ownership for 7 years (exc. Insurance , Road Tax) and our 07SE has cost us £4814.
That includes tyres, brakes and a new AC Compressor @£720.
So I can't really complain and she runs as well as she did at 30,000 miles and hopefully she will continue to.
Uses no oil, everything works as normal and it is sooo comfortable.
Will have a bill for the Cam Belt, Water Pump and transmission oils soon but that is nothing compared to the cost of finding a replacement. Tattoos - Why would you choose to look like the wall of a public toilet?

Post #314696 7th Jan 2017 5:26 pm
rnlisg

England 2013 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Auto Santorini Black

ref the "warranty"when my last d3(loved it)was getting close to 3 years old,i asked my supplying dealer(guy salmon of Maidstone)for a quote this was around £750 p/yr.i also asked as advised by the guys on d3 forum to ask if it was a "landrover product?)it was not.it was bought in from "car care"and having had unpleasant dealings with that lot with my td5,i declined.a lot of the guys on d3 were going for warranty direct as they covered wear and tear,but with so many others jumping on the bandwagon now it seems a bit of a lottery.my present fl/2 has a gold warranty with the aa,but that came with the car.

Post #314847 9th Jan 2017 4:36 pm
Past master

United Kingdom 

The extended warranty is only transferrable if you sell privately. Selling to a dealer voids it. Last time I did that I was paying by monthly direct debit. Rang them up and they said as I hadn't claimed they wouldn't press for the remaining months. But if I had paid up front I would have had no refund. One thing I found with the extended warranty was that the LR approved workshop (JLC at Herne Hill) went the extra mile and chased the warranty people for me. As you say, it's a bought-in insurance product, not LR's own. Ex AA Series III LWB Safari - Gone
300TDi Disco (bought new - terrible car) sent back after 18 months
Freelander 1 Estate - leased, given back at end of lease
200TDi Disco (bought from a mate with 100,000 on the clock) - Gone
Disco 2 TD5 - sold and exported to France
FR2 TD4 GS - Gone
FR2 SD4 HSE - Now changed for a DS
New model ex-demo Evoque S 180 in white
Unable to order a new DS, so gave up. Now have a Volvo S90 Recharge.

Post #315063 11th Jan 2017 11:53 pm
ISW001

United Kingdom 2012 Freelander 2 SD4 XS Auto Orkney Grey

Was an excellent Dealer when Colliers a family run business Since Lancaster took over they have installed automated phone system which gladly still says they are closed at 8.10am when they should open at 8am.
Rang yesterday at 2.15PM told all lines to service busy but would ring back but guess what no call back
Rang again at 8Am this morning and automated service said closed.
Rang again at 8.10am all service lines busy and would ring back NO CALL Still
Currently have passenger window stuck 1/2 way open and need to book a service
Anyone know any good indies around Birmingham please
Not only are the Cars they now sell over rated over priced and don't work when you buy them the dealers are also crap!
Always tried to support British Industry but its very hard when they don't respond in the same way
As an indirect supplier to JLR I know what stringent tests we have to go through to supply them but where does all that go when you buy the product??
Looks like I will be going elsewhere with my next order
Volvo maybe as at least the Chinese seem to value your business.

Post #316318 26th Jan 2017 12:41 pm
shilen

United Kingdom 2011 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Auto Bali Blue

Colliers (at their old place in brum) very kindly dented the bonnet with my first FL2, unfortunately for me it was dark and raining when I collected it on a Friday evening so only discovered it on the Saturday morning. First thing Monday morning I was at the dealership and had a right battle to get them to own up, best I could do was a 50 - 50 contribution with them. Things slowly improved over the years but they were always poor at returning phone calls

Post #316320 26th Jan 2017 12:56 pm
simong_uk

United Kingdom 2014 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Orkney Grey

I've had my up and downs with Colliers when they were in Erdington, in fact I ended up using stratstone stourbridge after I went in to talk to the service manager at Colliers and he thought I was there for an interview (!!!). I then went to Listers solihull (less said about that the better), but have now gone back to Colliers / Lancaster just last week - once you were through reception, the service team were good... and to be fair to reception, I'm not surprised given the volume of calls she was getting that the messages don't get through!

Service was fine - no issues, cleaned the extensive mud from inside and outside too as well as a free courtesy car - not sure of their prices though considering what they proposed for replacing brake pads!

S. 2000 Xei 1.8 gone
2004 HSE Td4 Auto, MT's, sump guard, sliderz - gone
2014 GS Man - AT's, Mantec Sump guard and tank guard, split charger in boot, towbar, work in progress...

Post #316323 26th Jan 2017 1:47 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1