« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > Wheels & Tyres > Nexen Winguard
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
keikeimok

United Kingdom 2012 Freelander 2 SD4 XS Auto Barolo Black
Nexen Winguard

Hiya guys, I was wondering if anyone had any experiences on these winters'? Cheers. Freelander 2 XS MY 2012, 19" rims, Barolo Black. Privacy glass, spoiler.

Post #312898 9th Dec 2016 10:32 am
jutrem

Canada 2008 LR2 i6 HSE Auto Tonga Green

Sorry I missed this earlier. In Canada were serious about our Winter tires. I have a set of 17" Nexen WinGuard winter tires on the Mercedes. Had them for since 2014 this is the 3'rd winter they have been used. I have not tried them on the Land Rover LR2 \ Freelander 2. They are decent tires for the price and have a nice thread. Way better on ice and snow than the all season Michelin Pilots that we put on the car in the summer. One of the set of Nexen tires had some cracking in the sidewall when I took them out of storage this winter so I had to replace it. They are not that noisy either when driving either compared to the Bridgestone Blizzaks snow tires that I used on the LR2 for the last few years. This winter I went back to a set 19" Pirelli Scorpions Ice & Snow tires for the LR2 which are also way quieter than the Blizzak's.

Overall would buy the Nexen WinGuards again because of price, performance, and low profile look. Assume you'll just get 2 - 3 years/winters out of them (if rotated with summer tires).

Post #315693 18th Jan 2017 11:55 pm
antoni9

United States 

They have fairly good reviews on tyrereviews.

Post #318493 28th Feb 2017 12:45 pm
DennisV

United Kingdom 

No experience of Nexen, but the the age cracking mentioned is possibly the same issue I have observed on two family VW cars fitted with Hankook tyres. VW seems to fit Hankook as OEM tyres to several of their less expensive cars these days. Both are Chinese brands I think, although the Hankooks may be produced in Hungary?

After 4 years and about 15,000 miles I had to replace a set on my daughters Polo because of age cracking with 5mm tread remaining. Cheap for VW, expensive for the owner! Yet another reason never to buy another VW, the last two we ran from new experienced problems sufficient to say never again!

The replacement tyres were Nokian Weatherproof which seem to be very good, both Winter and Summer, highly recommended.

I have a set of Winter wheels and tyres for the Freelander but when the summer tyres wear out I'll just put on Weatherproofs and use those year round.

Post #320792 5th Apr 2017 8:21 am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1