Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > Camping, Caravanning and Holidays > Have we all stpped caravaning for this year?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 4 of 4 <1234
Print this entire topic · 
chicken george

United Kingdom 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Manual Santorini Black

Andy131 wrote:
wait a minute

Flushing loo,

Anyone with a caravan is hardly up for "roughing it in the wild" award

that flushes into sewage system? At work
At home

"I can't always believe facts I read on the web" - Charles Dickens

winner by default of the tractor vs caravan race

Post #312245 28th Nov 2016 7:46 pm
Lightwater

Ukraine 2013 Freelander 2 2.0T SE Auto Fuji White

Dartman the one wrote:
UK caravans and air con are almost as rare as hens teeth unless they are taken to southern Europe in mid summer, then only the larger examples, available payload after air con is fitted reduces the capacity to a couple of tooth brushes and a bar of soap Laughing

I have spent quite a few months in southern Italy & France from May to July, can be bloody hot there towards the later. After a week of continuous 40 - 43 degrees in France I said to other half I will stop complaining about Sydney temperatures! Even in Munich with relatives we had 38 degrees! Procrastination, mankind's greatest labour saving device!

Acoustic insulation ARB TPMS 3xARB air compressors After cooler Air tank On-board OCD pressure air/water cleaning Additional 50L fuel Carpet in doors ABE 2x1kg Waeco 28L modified fridge Battery 4x26ah Solar 120w Victron MPPT 100/20 DC-DC 18amps 175amp jumper plug Awning 6x255/60R18

Post #312250 28th Nov 2016 9:11 pm
Andy131

United Kingdom 

chicken george wrote:
Andy131 wrote:
wait a minute

Flushing loo,

Anyone with a caravan is hardly up for "roughing it in the wild" award

that flushes into sewage system?

having been up to my shins in raw sewerage several times at work, I am fairly sure a sealed box with a few litres in holds no fears. I do have the advantage of no sense of smell due to an industrial accident as an apprentice.

Oh and one one occasion it was shin deep in a suit - no wellingtons, and had to get home that night, apparently the car stank for a long time. Tangiers Orange - gone, missing her
Replaced by Ewok what a mistake - now a happy Disco Sport owner

Post #312264 29th Nov 2016 8:32 am
Andy131

United Kingdom 

Dartman the one wrote:
UK caravans and air con are almost as rare as hens teeth unless they are taken to southern Europe in mid summer, then only the larger examples, available payload after air con is fitted reduces the capacity to a couple of tooth brushes and a bar of soap Laughing

We bought a system that attaches to the bathroom window. An internal unit sits on a bracket above the cistern, the external unit sits on the same bracket below the window. it allows the window to be closed on the first latch, a slight gap is needed for the 6mm pipes that connect the two. Not a huge power draw at 400W but cooled our 15ft van from 35C to 20C in direct sun in the South of France this summer.
Weighs about 20kg, so still enough payload for a few dozen pairs of Gills shoes.
A god send for the dog and really helped with a good nights sleep, then again that might have been the wine.

Google "cool my camper"
Not as compact or professional as the roof mounted units, but a fraction of the cost / weight. Tangiers Orange - gone, missing her
Replaced by Ewok what a mistake - now a happy Disco Sport owner

Post #312266 29th Nov 2016 8:57 am
Trev 1

United Kingdom 2012 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Auto Firenze Red

Went to pick new Elddis Crusader up on Sunday but we where not happy with a couple of things, water marks down wall belowe both bedroom windows, monkeys washed it with windows not shut, scratch on fridge door, mark on wardrobe door, anyway left it with the dealer to sort, picked it up on Monday just on with putting every thing back in and getting used to all the electrics etc, going to give it a go next weekend.

Post #312349 30th Nov 2016 3:21 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 4 of 4 <1234