Home > In Car Electronics > InControl Apps Retrofit / Enable MY15 Freelander 2
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 4 of 9 <123456789>
Print this entire topic · 
Lightwater

Ukraine 2013 Freelander 2 2.0T SE Auto Fuji White

Stuartc wrote:
turned up today and is the wrong part!

The last few weeks I have ordered from 3 companies. 3 wrong orders, some delivered the same wrong items multiple times. They didn't want the old stuff back as the freight was more than the products.

I think it is getting worse, one just needs to plan much further ahead, if possible!

& one company delivered the same correct part again a few months later. They forgot that they had already delivered it! Procrastination, mankind's greatest labour saving device!

Acoustic insulation ARB TPMS 3xARB air compressors After cooler Air tank On-board OCD pressure air/water cleaning Additional 50L fuel Carpet in doors ABE 2x1kg Waeco 28L modified fridge Battery 4x26ah Solar 120w Victron MPPT 100/20 DC-DC 18amps 175amp jumper plug Awning 6x255/60R18

Post #300221 7th Jun 2016 6:24 am
Stuartc

Australia 2015 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Auto Aintree Green

Whilst my main priority recently has been my "warming bits" (it's winter here) I've been working on a number of areas for this project. Namely, whilst mucking around inside the car, a locations for the Telephone Interface Module. It's looking like I'm going to put it in the location that LR were originally going to have it, under the drivers seat. Which makes complete sense as the main ICE floor harness is routed under the drivers seat.

I'm not 100% committed to this locations as I'm still considering mounting the module next to the CJB behind the kick plate in the passenger footwell. But until I make the final decision I've gone ahead and purchased the module holder that bolts under the floor of the drivers seat.

Reason being for my slight hesitation is that I plan on using this underseat chasis to also mount the RSE components so the real estate space is going to be quite tight. So will make this decision when I have to.
I also managed to source a spare RJB out of a wrecked vehicle and now have a health supply of fuse pig tails. Reason being is that the TIM runs off a power source which is powered by a "wake up/shutdown" power source protocol which means I will most probably run a direct line from the Ring Break circuit in the RJB and possibly power it from a spare fuse location within the RJB.

Unfortunately my local supplier of the LVDS cables has been silent and I'm not going to chase up bad service. To this end i've decided to go OE (no surprise there!) and have ordered 2 cables at 1830mm long out of a Jaguar XE. They are LVDS leads for an Asian Navigation module but are the required length. Not sure the of plugs at this stage.
Different colour plugs are used so that at production the cables are not wrongly placed around the wrong way. You can see there is a difference between the brown and blue LVDS cable plugs. Luckily my TIM had the plugs with pigtails attached so I can just swap out the light blue plug for the correct brown when the new cables arrive. I can also buy the light blue LVDS plugs as a spare if I need to but all I need is 3 light blue and 1
Brown (for the TIM).

MY15
Tyre Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS)
Surround Camera System
InControl Apps soon to be replaced with CarPlay (WIP)
Meridian Premium Surround Sound
Digital Audio Broadcast
Timed Climate
Cruise ECO Data
Follow Me Home Reverse
Extra Features Menu
Picture In Motion
4x4i screen (WIP)
Digital Broadcast TV
Meridian Rear Media with WIFI
Factory Powered Tailgate
Blind Spot Monitoring (BSM)
Reverse Cross Traffic Alert (RCTA)
Electrochromatic Wing Mirrors (WIP)

Post #303197 24th Jul 2016 11:04 am
Filin

Ukraine 

Hello to everyone! I'm newby here Smile

I have Range Rover Sport 2016 and interesting to retrofit InControl Apps to my car.

I am already activate this feature in head unit, but it doesn't work thru ipod usb socket.

As far as i read this topic, i understood, that i need to buy new USB socket plate and make connection cable to TIM module.

But i'm not shure, does my car have TIM module or not?

Could somebody explain me please, how to check?

Thanks for help and sorry for bad english Smile

Post #303639 1st Aug 2016 12:55 pm
Stuartc

You will need to add the TIM module as I'm doing, it will not be present unless the vehicle came from the factory with it. Will be the exact same setup as mine. You will need the same parts that I've already outlined. TIM needs to be introduced into both HS & MS CAN, power, ground and LVDS cables between IAM and touchscreen. LR don't sell repair link harnesses but Jaguar do so you will need to source a high speed data cable from the USB interface to TIM.
If you not familiar with the electrical side of things it's a fairly major undertaking. We do have a colleague in Moscow who is able to carry out the work and also source the parts. He's up to date on where I'm at with this retrofit project and has details of all the parts necessary. TIM's are fairly hard to come by second hand as their fairly new technology. He'll be able to source one for you. MY15
Surround Camera System
Digital Audio Broadcast
Timed Climate
Cruise ECO Data
Follow Me Home Reverse
Extra Features Menu
Picture In Motion
4x4i screen (WIP)
Digital Broadcast TV
Factory Powered Tailgate

Post #303641 1st Aug 2016 1:43 pm
Filin

Ukraine 

Thank you, Stuartc.

I would be grateful for any help Smile

Post #303650 1st Aug 2016 4:47 pm
Cambo

Australia 2008 Freelander 2 i6 HSE Auto Sumatra Black

Actually we have a friend in Kiev, as well as the friend in Moscow, both are working on this. I've sent you a PM with his email address. Good luck with it. 2008 Freelander 2 HSE Si6 Black/Black - Hers
2009 Jaguar XKR 4.2 S/C Portfolio
2005 Jaguar XJR 4.2 S/C Black/Cranberry

2005 Jaguar X-Type 3.0L AWD - Gone

Post #303663 1st Aug 2016 10:43 pm
Filin

Ukraine 

Mr Cambo, thank you for your help!

Post #303679 2nd Aug 2016 9:48 am
Stuartc

LVDS cables on back order, mmmmmmm, may have to consider a plan "C"! Waiting, waiting waiting! Whistle MY15
Surround Camera System
Digital Audio Broadcast
Timed Climate
Cruise ECO Data
Follow Me Home Reverse
Extra Features Menu
Picture In Motion
4x4i screen (WIP)
Digital Broadcast TV
Factory Powered Tailgate

Post #303950 6th Aug 2016 7:40 am
Lightwater

I have recently (up to a month ago) ordered 3 run of the mill things from different companies (& other items this year alone with the same issues). Either no stock & or plus stuff ups. Nothing seems to function anymore. No one can tell you anything, or get back to you. One order was delivered twice a few months apart, I kept it! No harm in an extra spanner!

Last item, last Monday took my sixth rim to get a piece of rubber stuck on it. It would be ready on Wednesday. Went to pick it up on Friday so we could go away. Won't be ready till Tuesday! Now have had to delay plans. The only skill all the suppliers have these days is to F--- everything up.

In a previous life I was in sales for quite a few job aspects, things are a joke these days and there is simply NO service anymore. They have zero conception of the meaning.

I feel like ripping their bl--dy arms off!
 Procrastination, mankind's greatest labour saving device!

Acoustic insulation ARB TPMS 3xARB air compressors After cooler Air tank On-board OCD pressure air/water cleaning Additional 50L fuel Carpet in doors ABE 2x1kg Waeco 28L modified fridge Battery 4x26ah Solar 120w Victron MPPT 100/20 DC-DC 18amps 175amp jumper plug Awning 6x255/60R18

Last edited by Lightwater on 6th Aug 2016 8:31 pm. Edited 1 time in total

Post #303955 6th Aug 2016 8:57 am
Stuartc

It's called in the corporate world "Just in time logistics" as companies are trying to hold as close as possible to minimum stock!
LR are no different, I don't even have a supply date!
I feel "Plan C" will involve soldering iron again!!! Rolling Eyes MY15
Surround Camera System
Digital Audio Broadcast
Timed Climate
Cruise ECO Data
Follow Me Home Reverse
Extra Features Menu
Picture In Motion
4x4i screen (WIP)
Digital Broadcast TV
Factory Powered Tailgate

Post #303962 6th Aug 2016 12:45 pm
Lightwater

Got the wheel, next stuff up..... went to fill out the Census before we leave..... My mac is too old, running 10.6.8. you need 10.7! So can't fill it in. Even if I wanted to use my PCs from my render farm, they won't work either, running XP service pac 2, you need 3! Procrastination, mankind's greatest labour saving device!

Post #304165 9th Aug 2016 9:00 am
Stuartc

LVDS cables between CAV, IAM & Touchscreen are still on backorder without delivery date so I'm not waiting any more for these and going ahead with the retrofit. Will source these cables locally, more on that later.
CAV is going to be mounted under drivers seat as per Land Rovers own plans for L359 InControl Apps as outlined in the workshop manual. Obviously LHD is pictured.

I have done a trial fit and will need to modify the module chasis holder to accommodate the CAV/TIM module.
You'll notice there's plenty of room on the module mounting chassis but Infact there isn't as the spare space is for the components for the Rear Seat Media, more on that later.

Land Rover were also kind enough to provide provision through the carpet and NVH padding for the harness/wiring for the TIM. This will make running the cables/wiring aft (pwd, Gnd) and forward (MS/HS CAN, LVDS Cables) quite easy.

Power will come directly from the RJB and there is a spare fuse place for the TIM.

Importantly this fuse position is part of the infotainment power gang which means all four of these fuses, which will include the TIM, will be powered and triggered by the CJB for wake up mode and sleep/standby modes and when ignition is off and you press the pwr button for the infotainment system.

The power supply wiring colour is purple and i was lucky enought to have a purple coloured pig tail available to me from my donor RJB which also has given me some practice on best way to dismantle the housing when it comes time for me to insert the missing fuse supply wire into my RJB for the TIM.

[/img] MY15
Surround Camera System
Digital Audio Broadcast
Timed Climate
Cruise ECO Data
Follow Me Home Reverse
Extra Features Menu
Picture In Motion
4x4i screen (WIP)
Digital Broadcast TV
Factory Powered Tailgate

Last edited by Stuartc on 26th Oct 2016 9:58 am. Edited 3 times in total

Post #309569 24th Oct 2016 3:36 pm
Stuartc

Single USB interface changed over to InControl Telephone Interface twin USB.

High speed data cables from InControl Apps Interface plate to Telephone Interface Module in place. Also ran the power pick up harness for the rear seat media.

Hardess part of this step was nothing to do with the InControl Apps hardware but the bloody auxiliary power socket which was an absolute pig to get out. You have to remove the entire face plate of the USB housing to get at it from underneath. Made me scratch my head for quite a while to work out how to remove it.... Whistle
But saying this, all the InControl hardware fits like a glove, centre console has been designed to accommodate plug and wiring, even down to the access through the carpet/NVH padding for harness and cables.

MY15
Surround Camera System
Digital Audio Broadcast
Timed Climate
Cruise ECO Data
Follow Me Home Reverse
Extra Features Menu
Picture In Motion
4x4i screen (WIP)
Digital Broadcast TV
Factory Powered Tailgate

Post #309702 26th Oct 2016 9:11 am
Stuartc

All of this needs to be securely housed by the module chassis support under the drivers seat so today started with some fabrication with the first job of securely holding the Telephone Interface Module (TIM) in place.

Some unequal length aluminium extrusion, stainless steel M5 screws and washers, a bit of drilling, swearing, cursing and loctit has resulted in a module which is going nowhere!

Next is the housing for the Rear Entertainmemt Hardware. Having it housed all in one easy removable box means when and if I decide to add the RSE module for the Meridian RSE system it will simply be unplug and mount the RSE module in the space vacated. I currently have the Meridian Rear Media option up on my touchscreen but as I don't have the RSE module connected it will not control the system I will have in the rear. The rear screen will be completely independant of the front IAM initially. So tomorrow and over the weekend it's the hacksaws turn to come out and play! Rolling Eyes

MY15
Surround Camera System
Digital Audio Broadcast
Timed Climate
Cruise ECO Data
Follow Me Home Reverse
Extra Features Menu
Picture In Motion
4x4i screen (WIP)
Digital Broadcast TV
Factory Powered Tailgate

Post #309770 27th Oct 2016 10:51 am
Stuartc

Ready for installing.
Telephone Interface Module secure and RSE hardware all in 1 removable box, including screen power source which is bolted to side of housing. Also means it's very accessible.

MY15
Surround Camera System
Digital Audio Broadcast
Timed Climate
Cruise ECO Data
Follow Me Home Reverse
Extra Features Menu
Picture In Motion
4x4i screen (WIP)
Digital Broadcast TV
Factory Powered Tailgate