« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > Off Topic > Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 8 12345678>
Print this entire topic · 
Soul Fan

England 2013 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Lux Auto Havana
Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV

Split from muddy wheels sale thread to form a discussion.

muddy wheels wrote:
After 8 months DS ownership I've decided to buy a PHEV so offering my nearly new DS for sale - my loss will be someone else's gain Big Cry

Unfortunately not in the market ( or my price range! ) Big Cry

But a fine looking specimen Thumbs Up

Good luck with your sale, sorry you'll be leaving the LR stable, seem to have quite a history .... Back in the fold after 8 yrs. V8 Disco 300 series-Gone.07 Freelander 2 HSE Auto Rimini Red.
Gone.
2013 HSE Lux Havana ( Brown! )

Post #305701 31st Aug 2016 6:46 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
muddywheels

England 

Cheers Soul Fan Thumbs Up

Had 9 LRs and a Jag over the last 16 years so really sad to be doing this but until LR catch up with phev I'm leaving the fold although I'm looking for an old series 2 to keep me sane Mr. Green

Got an offer I couldn't refuse on the Mitsubishi but it's not a LR Big Cry Wanted a Series 2 LR since childhood but previously owned MY16 Disco Sport HSE TD4 Auto, MY13 RR Sport Black Edition TDV6 Auto, MY10 RR Sport HSE TDV6 Auto, 2007 Freelander 1 Freestyle TD4 Soft Top, 2009 Freelander 2 GS TD4 Auto, 2007 Freelander 2 GS TD4, 2004 Disco 2 Metropolis Auto, 2002 Disco 2 GS, 2000 Freelander 1 SE TD4 SW

Still hoping for a S2 one day!

Post #305716 31st Aug 2016 8:53 am
oldgeezer

United Kingdom 2013 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Baltic Blue

Ouch Muddy wheels
have you read all the road reports.
Not really any good for towing. I have already had an electric car and a nightmare when it failed !
RAC came out, couldn't do anything with it, 2nd guy came out couldn't touch it, 3rd came out said it needed recovery but his vehicle couldn't take it 4th came out and recovered to local dealer. This took over 7 hrs alone !
Hybrid mechanic was off sick, so got transferred to another dealership and 6 weeks later went back to manufacturer ! and finally got back 3 months later.
Free elec recharge points in UK being phased out now.They will be chargeable re-charge point in the future.
It will be a huge disappointment after your LR's Jaguar x-type sport gone
Jaguar x-type 2.2d sport one of my best cars ever sadly gone
Freelander 2 GS auto 2008 most unreliable ever ! gladly gone
Freelander 2 GS manual 2013 only time will tell !

Post #305919 3rd Sep 2016 5:08 pm
Tigger

United Kingdom 

muddywheels wrote:
until LR catch up with phev I'm leaving the fold

Post #305923 3rd Sep 2016 5:56 pm
oldgeezer

United Kingdom 2013 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Baltic Blue

They do have one on the way. Diesel electric combination.
I seem to remember it will be about 1000 NM of tourque .
Hopefully they are making sure they have got it perfected. Jaguar x-type sport gone
Jaguar x-type 2.2d sport one of my best cars ever sadly gone
Freelander 2 GS auto 2008 most unreliable ever ! gladly gone
Freelander 2 GS manual 2013 only time will tell !

Post #305932 3rd Sep 2016 8:02 pm
muddywheels

England 

I hear you guys and it's been a tough decision Big Cry

I looked at a 2 year old RRS hybrid but £65k and 1 mile range wasn't floating my boat Confused

Last week found out MY17 RRS now has 20 mile range but starting price is over £80k so might have to wait a while for it to depreciate Laughing

A neighbour is on his second faultless phev averaging over 100 mpg and been out in it which got me thinking - £8400 discount off new price, 100% tax write down in 1st year through my business, 5 year warranty, 3 years servicing and with a 20 mile daily drive the 32 miles electric range fits my needs very well. I've sold the caravan so not towing now either Thumbs Up

I like the DS even after 2 RRSs but financially the phev is a good deal and in 3 years time I'm hoping a Jag F-Pace phev or LR DS phev is available - the only downside is losing money on the current DS due to only being 8 months old Sad

Someone will do well though Thumbs Up Wanted a Series 2 LR since childhood but previously owned MY16 Disco Sport HSE TD4 Auto, MY13 RR Sport Black Edition TDV6 Auto, MY10 RR Sport HSE TDV6 Auto, 2007 Freelander 1 Freestyle TD4 Soft Top, 2009 Freelander 2 GS TD4 Auto, 2007 Freelander 2 GS TD4, 2004 Disco 2 Metropolis Auto, 2002 Disco 2 GS, 2000 Freelander 1 SE TD4 SW

Post #305936 3rd Sep 2016 8:25 pm
Weyboat

England 2010 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Auto Bali Blue

oldgeezer wrote:

Hopefully they are making sure they have got it perfected.

PMSL Rolling with laughter

Post #305951 4th Sep 2016 6:46 am
taztastic

England 

Muddy is right to look at Hybrid, there are some serious cost savings, especially from a company point of view.
The RRS hybrid, while having a paltry electric range does have benefits, although with a hefty price tag.
The DS range, currently, has nothing and this is a serious omission.
LR are only just looking at small capacity engines for the likes of the RRS and D5, way behind the curve on this one, many other makers have been doing this for years.
My age group, we want big noisy engines, it's what we have been raised on, my children don't see the point, they rave on about electric cars, silently stalking the Tesco car park for a space. A different generation is coming along and LR will need to be ready for them. The blonde bobble heads will move on from their Evoques soon, the generation behind them won't want a clattery old diesel, maybe there is an untapped market to retro fit them with a Dyson or something, that might not quite be a silly as it sounds ...

Back to the PHEV, I've had a look, don't like it, come on LR, do keep up.

Post #305962 4th Sep 2016 8:49 am
muddywheels

England 

Agree the phev isn't as nice as a LR Big Cry

The head likes the phev - the heart wants a LR Confused

What swayed it in the end was the way 2 different Mitsubishi Dealers treated me when I called in - it was how LR used to treat me - 9 LRs and a Jag mostly new with some demos over the last 16 years has shown how loyal a customer I am but I've had some terrible service during this period Rolling Eyes

The DS was advertised with 53mpg combined but getting 35 driving like a granny was the last straw - my daughter is asthmatic and I've felt guilty keep buying diesels and now the anti diesel campaign is building momentum I think it's time LR got their finger out - Mitsubishi have pledged all their vehicles will be phev in the near future - BMW are going to offer full range of phev too - these are just the ones I know about

Being told by a LR salesmen that LR factories can't keep up with demand due to waiting lists and aren't interested in phev as it's not going to survive when I've been to Gaydon and seen the opposite just insults my intelligence

I've been forced into this - if I had the caravan I'd still have the RRS because it only got used weekend and holidays but now it's gone and due to house move I'm doing 20 miles a day the phev fits my lifestyle

It's my hope that the discount and savings I'm getting will help should I decide it's not for me and LR offer something tempting soon - in the meantime like fitting my home with low energy bulbs I can feel I'm doing something for my kids and their kids too Cool Wanted a Series 2 LR since childhood but previously owned MY16 Disco Sport HSE TD4 Auto, MY13 RR Sport Black Edition TDV6 Auto, MY10 RR Sport HSE TDV6 Auto, 2007 Freelander 1 Freestyle TD4 Soft Top, 2009 Freelander 2 GS TD4 Auto, 2007 Freelander 2 GS TD4, 2004 Disco 2 Metropolis Auto, 2002 Disco 2 GS, 2000 Freelander 1 SE TD4 SW

Post #305964 4th Sep 2016 9:09 am
Tigger

United Kingdom 

I used a Vauxhall Ampera for a week and loved it! The Vauxhall and the PHEV work on a very similar basis. I was sorely tempted to have one as a company car at the time.

What killed it for me were the facts that:

1. If I didn't make full use of plug electrical charging, then the fuel consumption would be worse than the equivalent diesel at around 40mpg. The PHEV is not dissimilar, I believe. It is, however, brilliant at fooling the official tests over CO2 emissions and MPG and consequently, great at saving tax.

2. The batteries only came with a 100,000 mile /7 year warranty. That's less than 3 years for me and the cost of replacing the batteries would have been Shocked

For anyone doing very low mileage and able to take full advantage of off peak charging and the batteries were to come with an unlimited mileage warranty), it might make sense. But then, their fuel bills will be much less than mine in the first place (currently £512.00 a month, on average! Big Cry )

Post #305966 4th Sep 2016 9:13 am
muddywheels

England 

Agree tigger - phev isn't going to be right with your miles Sad

I priced my DS with things like privacy, roof rails, heated steering wheel, timed/remote climate and 360 degree camera that are included on phev and it would cost me £18k more than the phev - I rest my case Shocked Wanted a Series 2 LR since childhood but previously owned MY16 Disco Sport HSE TD4 Auto, MY13 RR Sport Black Edition TDV6 Auto, MY10 RR Sport HSE TDV6 Auto, 2007 Freelander 1 Freestyle TD4 Soft Top, 2009 Freelander 2 GS TD4 Auto, 2007 Freelander 2 GS TD4, 2004 Disco 2 Metropolis Auto, 2002 Disco 2 GS, 2000 Freelander 1 SE TD4 SW

Post #305968 4th Sep 2016 9:15 am
Tigger

United Kingdom 

taztastic wrote:

My age group, we want big noisy engines, it's what we have been raised on, my children don't see the point, they rave on about electric cars...

I know, children of today eh?! Laughing They'll never appreciate the burble of a decent V8! Laughing

I got a lecture from my niece on the evils of running a 4x4 Shocked My niece, who thinks absolutely nothing of getting on a jet airliner and visiting friends on the other side of the planet! Rolling Eyes

Post #305971 4th Sep 2016 9:25 am
Tigger

United Kingdom 

muddywheels wrote:
I priced my DS with things like privacy, roof rails, heated steering wheel, timed/remote climate and 360 degree camera that are included on phev and it would cost me £18k more than the phev - I rest my case Shocked

Land Rover certainly know how to charge ALL the money! Rolling Eyes

Post #305972 4th Sep 2016 9:27 am
muddywheels

England 

I miss the RRS SDV6 Big Cry Wanted a Series 2 LR since childhood but previously owned MY16 Disco Sport HSE TD4 Auto, MY13 RR Sport Black Edition TDV6 Auto, MY10 RR Sport HSE TDV6 Auto, 2007 Freelander 1 Freestyle TD4 Soft Top, 2009 Freelander 2 GS TD4 Auto, 2007 Freelander 2 GS TD4, 2004 Disco 2 Metropolis Auto, 2002 Disco 2 GS, 2000 Freelander 1 SE TD4 SW

Post #305973 4th Sep 2016 9:27 am
Still Lost in France

France 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Auto Stornoway Grey

https://www.motoringresearch.com/car-news/...ng-network

Post #305974 4th Sep 2016 10:34 am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 8 12345678>