Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > My Freelander 2 > Possibly about to take the plunge...
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Dakers

United Kingdom 2014 Freelander 2 SD4 XS Auto Indus Silver
Possibly about to take the plunge...

Hi all, been lurking and reading as much as I can for a few months, while looking at various options.
A 14 plate XS had popped up at a local dealer when I went by on the off chance, and put a holding deposit down to allow time for my girlfriend to take a look. I managed to get the dealer to give me the VIN so I could look it up on Topix, and I've a couple of questions that I hope someone may be able to enlighten me on...

Firstly, how long does it take for Topix to update if it's only just been prepped for sale (apparently)? Looks like the last service is well over-due and given the mileage is about 32k (from memory), it should have at least been done by now?
"Last Service Recorded:
Type: 16,000 miles / 12 months - at 16,863 miles - Date: 23-Feb-2015
Next Scheduled Service Due:
Type: 32,000 miles / 24 months - By 32,863 miles or: By Date: 23-Feb-2016 (normal mileage) or 02-Feb-2016 (high mi"

Then a couple of questions on the spec if I may?

ANALOGUE/DIGITAL B'CAST - Does this mean DAB?
BRANDED SOUND SYS (L3) - I've had a search of the forum, but still can't quite determine what this actually means

The seat was a manual adjustment, but it's got this listed:
ELEC FRT SEAT ADJ NON-MEMORY
MANUAL 6-WAY DRV SEAT ADJUSTER

SPECIAL VALUE PACK F - also no idea what this refers to?

The good lady is off to have a nose around a X3 tomorrow morning, then we'll go together tomorrow evening so she can take a look at this one. I think the Freelander is in front (in our hearts) but I've not driven a X3 yet, only poked around in one. Seemed nice enough from a quick look, but I seem to recall the rear seats felt a bit of a weird angle?
Fingers crossed I can learn how to haggle in the next 15 hours or so too... never done it before!

Post #304219 10th Aug 2016 12:16 am
Dakers

Hmm, just checked the pics the dealer Whatsapp'd over and the mileage shows as 36863. Fair way out from the service, and quite high for a 2 and a bit year old car (Build date of 30th Jan 14, Warranty start date of 3rd Mar 14)
Slightly more put-off it now. It is nicely specced, with rear view camera (with the bendy lines) and arm rests.
However I'll maybe look around for a few more examples. Sticker price was just north of £23k which seems a little high now in comparison to others.

Post #304220 10th Aug 2016 12:33 am
Lightwater

Ukraine 2013 Freelander 2 2.0T SE Auto Fuji White

Like real estate another one WILL come along. If you are not happy simply be patient. Procrastination, mankind's greatest labour saving device!

Acoustic insulation ARB TPMS 3xARB air compressors After cooler Air tank On-board OCD pressure air/water cleaning Additional 50L fuel Carpet in doors ABE 2x1kg Waeco 28L modified fridge Battery 4x26ah Solar 120w Victron MPPT 100/20 DC-DC 18amps 175amp jumper plug Awning 6x255/60R18

Post #304222 10th Aug 2016 6:36 am
iain cooper

Scotland 2009 Freelander 2 TD4_e HSE Manual Lago Grey

a bit high mileage, do you know anything about previous owner, business, etc ?

Iain

Post #304226 10th Aug 2016 7:22 am
Dakers

No idea about the previous owner yet. I'll have a dig tonight.
The holding deposit is fully refundable, and at least a test drive tonight will give the Girlfriend a chance to try one out and see if it's definitely for her.
Back on the LR website this morning printing out a few more comparable ones. Seems mileage averages about 10k less for this age, similar or less price.
We both love the look of the Dynamic models, but we're not prepared to stretch the budget that much.

Post #304227 10th Aug 2016 7:25 am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1