« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > General > Anyone near Keighley FL2 experts needed
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 4 of 4 <1234
Print this entire topic · 
Sutty86

United Kingdom 

Stubbenoldgit wrote:
Have you tried Farm Direct Produce of Ombersley? I drive round those lanes as just down the road from them.

Just recieved email from this company

Quote:
Hi Garry,

With regards to the car VE12 GEY – we bought it brand new, cars are designated to a single driver which in this case was a lady, was serviced and used to travel to field - we are a farm!
Vehicle changed because whole fleet was changed not because of any issue.

Hope this helps.

Kind regards,
Carole Hill
Accounts Administrator

Any change in opinions?
do i risk it for a biscuit!
going to demand clean of the vehicle.

Post #298006 3rd May 2016 11:51 am
pcheaven

United Kingdom 

this is pretty much as I expected -a farm vehicle changed when warranty expired

I still think it should be considered - subject to what price you can get it for, and you must get a 1 yr warranty, which will probably cost you extra.

A dirty landrover, is a happy landrover 

Post #298009 3rd May 2016 12:00 pm
Sutty86

United Kingdom 

just rang up my finance company , the company in question whom are selling it are BANNED FML!!!!

was going to request a wash and fish out for an AA inspection

Post #298010 3rd May 2016 12:04 pm
Dreamer

United Kingdom 

Their reputation is so bad I wouldn't even look at car from them. I am amazed that they keep going.

Post #298011 3rd May 2016 12:07 pm
pcheaven

United Kingdom 

Sutty86 wrote:
just rang up my finance company , the company in question whom are selling it are BANNED FML!!!!

was going to request a wash and fish out for an AA inspection

Banned / blacklisted from providing finance Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation

If so, walk away, dont turn around 

Post #298012 3rd May 2016 12:08 pm
Sutty86

United Kingdom 

Quote:
Hi Garry,

We s part-exchanged the vehicle to a Land Rover main dealer at the end of March, some dealers will only sell cars of a certain age, so they sent it to auction.
I can’t tell you how much we got for it, like I said we changed several cars at the same time so I don’t know how much individually! –sorry!

Kind regards,
Carole Hill
Accounts Administrator

Post #298014 3rd May 2016 12:12 pm
dan55

United Kingdom 2015 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Manual Fuji White

Been following your thread with interest.

For what it's worth, I'd buy it. There's a good explanation on the dirt/dust. It's 1 owner, company owned so it will have wanted for nothing. Only ever been to a main dealers. Dirt is easy to clean off Very Happy

Garage might have a dodgy reputation but so what? You know the history of the car. They've just picked it up from auction and will probably be making a grand or so on it. You're never going to get an amazing service and the dealership experience unless you're paying top whack for something. You get what you pay for and to me that car is a bargain. If they're keen to sell it you might get a few quiz off to pay for a valet or put towards a warranty.

Post #298041 3rd May 2016 7:16 pm
Stubbenoldgit

United Kingdom 2010 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Lux Auto Zermatt Silver

Sutty86 wrote:
Stubbenoldgit wrote:
Have you tried Farm Direct Produce of Ombersley? I drive round those lanes as just down the road from them.

Just recieved email from this company

Quote:
Hi Garry,

With regards to the car VE12 GEY – we bought it brand new, cars are designated to a single driver which in this case was a lady, was serviced and used to travel to field - we are a farm!
Vehicle changed because whole fleet was changed not because of any issue.

Hope this helps.

Kind regards,
Carole Hill
Accounts Administrator

Any change in opinions?
do i risk it for a biscuit!
going to demand clean of the vehicle.

Thought I recognised it! Small world eh? Seems a reasonable outfit, the farm, not the dealers obviously. Certainly the roads by us are either very dusty or very wet, dependant upon prevailing weather. This winter it's been motorboating time along the lanes, one flood had a Focus stranded half way up the doors, I turned round, not worth risking for a short detour.

OK personally not a farmer, but spend a lot of time on farm, moorland and forest tracks, and the inside of mine looks nothing like that. OK not pristine, working gundogs produce hairs, and lots of them, but that looks grotty, especially inside the vents, and like a tide line?

Re the dealer, if something is wrong then any warranty from them is going to be worth square root of diddley squat I guess. First instinct is walk away imo. But it is cheap, and it will clean, and the cheapness could cover a fair bit of work, unless it's electrics. Up to you tbh.Difficult one.

Post #298080 4th May 2016 1:07 pm
npinks

United Kingdom 

if they clean it and nothing becomes apparent, i would save the money for upgrades and add ons and buy it

Sounds like it wanted for nothing and has been used but well looked after

Take a aftermarket warranty out and jobs a good one

If they won't wash it, maybe you could get a mobile valeter to spray it down if its not too much £££, and if you purchase thereafter you would want this cost deducting, but it will allow a through AA check to be carried out Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Post #298083 4th May 2016 1:49 pm
Hippo

United Kingdom 

I said no to buying it previously.

If I were to buy it myself then I'd be wanting to change all fluids straight away - oils/coolant/brake fluid etc. I take my own off road but that's for fun, and it's washed down afterwards. Unfortunately vehicles which travel through water are more likely to suffer bearing or oil seal etc damage. It's not the water that's the problem, it's the sand/grit/clay/mud in it which causes the harm. Hence changing the liquids to try to prolong it's life if it's been wading. Freelander can cope with that sort of thing but vehicles that do play off road need a bit extra £ to keep them going unless you're lucky.

A main dealer will sell on this sort of vehicle due to age and condition. They have a reputation to uphold and have to follow LR's rules. Most are connected to 2nd hand car dealers or have regulars who take vehicles off them they can't sell on their own forecourt. Nothing wrong with that, just how it goes. Auctions are a known method of ditching vehicles you don't want/trust but the seller takes responsibility for the warranty, which gives you some cover but perhaps not if the garage suffers from bad reports. Hippo's videos - Honorary Tratterer

Post #298092 4th May 2016 3:52 pm
Sutty86

United Kingdom 

Just thought I'd update ended up buying a Chevrolet Captiva auto 2.0 vcdi full spec with 7 seats for 6k
So my journey ends here I'm sure I'll be back in a few years time as in hearts of heart I wanted a freelander

Post #298251 7th May 2016 8:50 am
ronp

Scotland 

Enjoy the new motor, and I'm sure you'll be back.

Land Rovers were made for North Yorkshire Laughing

Thumbs Up FL2 now gone and have a couple of items left for sale:-

Brodit active iPhone holder + Brodit dash clip,
Bluetooth Music Streaming Module.

Post #298255 7th May 2016 9:22 am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 4 of 4 <1234