« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > General > A newer model
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
Print this entire topic · 
Mav71

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Manual Stornoway Grey

dorsetfreelander wrote:
My son just traded in a 60 plate GS manual with 78k miles for £9k at a Mitsubishi dealer. It's in a filthy state as it's a working car (full of mud inside and out) but the guy looked it up and quoted £9k then when we took it in he didn't even walk around it. He just got in started it up, reved it once and said fine. Interestingly when I did the same exercise at a LR dealer they crawled all over it and came up with a slightly lower figure. The thing I have found about valuing cars is that there is no upside, you get the book price regardless of having fitted new disc/pads/tyres or any other improvements.

There is no upside if the car is at an age or mileage where they can't retail it themselves. Many Dealers have a 5 year and 50,000 mile limit on used car trade in's. So they have to send them to auction. In These cases you will get the trade in value, and as most dealers use the same trade in guides, the prices will be very similar.

If they can retail it themselves, then they are more keen to be flexible if the car stands out, whether this be purely condition, or approved accessories and makes it an easy sell for them.

Most premium Dealers work on an approx £3k gross margin on what they buy in at. Out of this £3000 they have to pay for a warranty and any work that Needs doing before sale, and also to give a Little Discount. The rest is their net Profit. Freelander 2 HSE Lux 2013MY - Barolo Black with Ivory Leather. Alpine DVD - Privacy -Evoque 20" Dynamic Wheels and more to come.........

Post #286819 11th Jan 2016 4:33 pm
heyho

England 2009 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Manual Zermatt Silver

I doubt I will go for either of these (I'm off on holiday) but which would you go for:

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/adv...;logcode=p

(just getting a feel)

Post #287694 19th Jan 2016 8:38 pm
RogB

England 2013 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Lux Auto Santorini Black

I went from pre facelift GS model (with lots of extras) to a pre facelift HSE model and the difference is incredible, (better sound system, heated screen, leather, hands free, plus a few other bits)

things changed with the facelift GS and that one has upgraded alloys, spoiler, mid line stereo, hands free and electric leather for the same price as an older HSE model. All your missing really on the GS is pan roof and better stereo.

I would go for the newer GS as the price is the same but the spec difference is minimal.

the HSE may hold its value better but as its older it will probably depreciate similar to the newer GS spec.

Post #287727 20th Jan 2016 9:19 am
heyho

Cheers for that Rob

I am a little bit spoilt with my 2009 SE as it has got a lot of the 'extras' on it including Sat Nav, 6 Cd auotochanger (no use to me), panoramic sunroof, heated seats, front/read parking sensors heated screen, hands free etc etc that almost takes it to HSE spec

Last edited by heyho on 20th Jan 2016 1:57 pm. Edited 1 time in total

Post #287761 20th Jan 2016 1:37 pm
Deano64

United Kingdom 2014 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Orkney Grey

heyho wrote:
I doubt I will go for either of these (I'm off on holiday) but which would you go for:

(just getting a feel)

No front fog lights on the 2013 Facelift GS though

Post #287766 20th Jan 2016 1:46 pm
RogB

no front fogs (which personally I like having as it looks better and serves a purpose a few times a year) but you get to drive round in a 62 plate as opposed to a 60 plate. Bearing in mind that 62 plate could be late 2012 or early 2013 when 60 plate is late 2010/early 2011 then those extra years & months can make the difference in the future.

its all down to personal preference really.

Post #287769 20th Jan 2016 2:17 pm
heyho

It's Sept 2012 registered. It doesn't have front parking sensors either which I have got very used to

Post #287771 20th Jan 2016 2:28 pm
RogB

yeh they can be handy, but thanks to the square box design what you see is what you get Very Happy

I wanted all the toys so specifically wanted the HSE. Having had the GS model twice, (the 2nd one had pan roof and front sensors extra) I just wanted everything as factory intended.

I only paid slightly less for my 10 plate pre facelift HSE than the one your looking at, but mine is an auto which again is what I wanted, and had 10k less on the clock with a full LR history.

Post #287775 20th Jan 2016 3:35 pm
Past master

United Kingdom 

I was looking for a 2013 ex-demonstrator GS, but was offered an HSE SD4 for basically the same money (the dealer had had it for 8 months and needed to get rid). The biggest plus for me is that the HSE has satnav fitted - the GS doesn't and there is now no centre cubby hole to fit your own. Not sure how else the spec differs but I must say that compared with the previous (07 GS manual) the new one is rather good! Ex AA Series III LWB Safari - Gone
300TDi Disco (bought new - terrible car) sent back after 18 months
Freelander 1 Estate - leased, given back at end of lease
200TDi Disco (bought from a mate with 100,000 on the clock) - Gone
Disco 2 TD5 - sold and exported to France
FR2 TD4 GS - Gone
FR2 SD4 HSE - Now changed for a DS
New model ex-demo Evoque S 180 in white
Unable to order a new DS, so gave up. Now have a Volvo S90 Recharge.

Post #287801 20th Jan 2016 6:59 pm
heyho

Ok then. Any advice gratefully received.

Firstly how much should I be able to trade my car in for:

2009 SE 90k with sat nav, sun roof, heated seats, front/rear parking sensors, alpine stereo, full service history etc etc

And what car can I expect to get for a budget of £15-16k if I trade it in.

I've looked on Autotrader and ebay and certainly not seeing some of the bargains tat some of you guys seem to get.

Post #289619 6th Feb 2016 4:13 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12