« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > Dealership & Sponsor Feedback > Marshall Jaguar Lincoln
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
RogB

England 2013 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Lux Auto Santorini Black
Marshall Jaguar Lincoln

I know this particular franchise is not LR but Marshall do have several LR franchises across the country, including one in Lincoln.

Bought my 2010 FL2 HSE auto from the above dealer before Xmas, the deal was smooth and pain free, completed via email subject to physical inspections on handover day. I was made to feel very welcome when I turned up for the appointment, and seemed to be treated as if I was a customer buying a new 80k F type.

The FL2 was clean and fault free (as far as I could tell) however a couple of weeks ago I noticed the LR side steps were hanging off, due the brackets being completed rusted through and crumbling away.

Normally, bolt on accessories are not covered by warranty, but Marshall have been brilliant, with an initial inspection, followed by purchase of new brackets. However when they went fit the new brackets they found the rust was more than they realised and it wouldn't work out.

They have just called me back and offered to have all new brackets manufactured and welded onto the steps etc, at their expense and my convenience. They offered to drive from Lincoln to Mansfield (70 mile round trip), drop off a loan car and take mine away until sorted.

This is, in my view, over and above what is expected as the steps are not a warranty item. I cannot fault Marshall Jaguar of Lincoln and would like to think their other dealerships offer just the same level of service

Thumbs Up Thumbs Up

Post #289067 1st Feb 2016 3:12 pm
Past master

United Kingdom 

Like all dealers Marshalls can be variable, but I've been fairly happy with my dealings with them in Peterborough. Like you, I found that their backup after a sale was good. Don't know about their servicing as I tend to use TVLR. Recently phoned Marshals in Cambridge with a problem - they couldn't help but did put me in touch with LR Assist, fair enough. I've heard much worse things about other franchises. Ex AA Series III LWB Safari - Gone
300TDi Disco (bought new - terrible car) sent back after 18 months
Freelander 1 Estate - leased, given back at end of lease
200TDi Disco (bought from a mate with 100,000 on the clock) - Gone
Disco 2 TD5 - sold and exported to France
FR2 TD4 GS - Gone
FR2 SD4 HSE - Now changed for a DS
New model ex-demo Evoque S 180 in white
Unable to order a new DS, so gave up. Now have a Volvo S90 Recharge.

Post #289077 1st Feb 2016 3:52 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1