« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > Europe > Belgium: Road test and comparison with BMW X3
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Paul

Belgium 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Auto Stornoway Grey
Belgium: Road test and comparison with BMW X3

In the Belgian magazine "Autogids" from January 31 (no.712), there is the most detailed road test of a Freelander Td4 and another article in which the BMW X3 and the Freelander are compared.

http://www.autogids.be/Magazines_MagazineD...eDetailMA#

"Autogids" (means "car guide") is by far the most serious car magazine in Belgium. The lay-out is a bit old fashioned but the articles are very interesting and - contrary to most other magazines - it isn't only bla bla but they test and describe all aspects and mention as well pros as cons.
For many years this magazine has always been very BMW minded so i'm sure it must have been really hard for them to write in the general conclusion:

Let's not beat around the bush: the Freelander wins this comparison in a convincing way. It is not only much cheaper than the X3, it makes it also bite in the dust with the more friendly caracter of the engine, an outstanding road comfort, a behaviour approaching a sedan's and off road performances that will make this car the reference in its class.

Maybe it was a good decision I've ordered a FL last week: this article could have an important impact on LR's order list and make make the delivery time even longer... Wink

Last edited by Paul on 22nd Jan 2009 1:20 pm. Edited 1 time in total

Post #1607 10th Feb 2007 11:48 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Matei

Romania 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Manual Izmir Blue
Re: Belgium: Road test and comparison with BMW X3

Paul wrote:
In the Belgian magazine "Autogids" from January 31 (no.712), there is the most detailed road test of a Freelander Td4 and another article in which the BMW X3 and the Freelander are compared.

http://www.autogids.be/Magazines_MagazineD...neDetailMA

"Autogids" (means "car guide") is by far the most serious car magazine in Belgium. The lay-out is a bit old fashioned but the articles are very interesting and - contrary to most other magazines - it isn't only bla bla but they test and describe all aspects and mention as well pros as cons.
For many years this magazine has always been very BMW minded so i'm sure it must have been really hard for them to write in the general conclusion:

Let's not beat around the bush: the Freelander wins this comparison in a convincing way. It is not only much cheaper than the X3, it makes it also bite in the dust with the more friendly caracter of the engine, an outstanding road comfort, a behaviour approaching a sedan's and off road performances that will make this car the reference in its class.

Maybe it was a good decision I've ordered a FL last week: this article could have an important impact on LR's order list and make make the delivery time even longer... Wink

Hello,

I see that they also prefere the Tiguan to the Freelander 2 but I think that this is due to the lower price. Personally I do not like at all how the Tiguan looks (like a deflated Tuareg) and I do not think the Tiguan is anything like the Freelander offroad. FREELANDER 2 TD4 SE (XS UK) IZMIR BLUE SIDE STEPS COLD PACK BI-XENON TINTED WINDOWS - AND PROUD OF HER

Post #16443 25th Mar 2008 6:57 am
Matei

Romania 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Manual Izmir Blue

http://www.promotor.ro/articol/2420858/tes...10-suv-uri

In a Romanian automagazine there was a test between 10 SUV for two days on difficult strech with lots of snow and not exactly briliant tarmac.
As you will probably guess who enden first I'll just mention the others:
2 BMW X3
3 Honda C-RV
4 TIGUAN
5 Nissan X-Trail
6 Toyota Rav 4
7 Mitsubishi Outlander
8 Hyunday Santa Fe
9 Chevrolet Captiva
10 Opel Antara

Well done Freelander Cool Cool Cool FREELANDER 2 TD4 SE (XS UK) IZMIR BLUE SIDE STEPS COLD PACK BI-XENON TINTED WINDOWS - AND PROUD OF HER

Post #16624 27th Mar 2008 6:47 am
Dorko

Australia 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Santorini Black

Is there a english link?

Dorko

Post #25968 21st Aug 2008 1:06 pm
pwven

South Africa 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Nazca Sand
Re: Belgium: Road test and comparison with BMW X3

Paul wrote:

http://www.autogids.be/Magazines_MagazineD...neDetailMA

Hi Paul
That is a good artical, I have just read the summary. If you want to read the full test you have to buy it.
Looks like a very interesting magazine.

Post #27841 21st Sep 2008 3:57 pm
Dorko

No point buying it, if it aint in english Rolling Eyes

Dorko

Post #27894 22nd Sep 2008 3:25 am
pwven

South Africa 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Nazca Sand

At home I speak Afrikaans and that is very close to Flemish so I do not have a problem reading the magazine.

Post #27900 22nd Sep 2008 7:21 am
Dorko

I struggle to speak and read english. I got no hope for another language.

Lucky you Whistle

Dorko

Post #27916 22nd Sep 2008 9:33 am
Paul

Belgium 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Auto Stornoway Grey

It is also interesting to mention that Land Rover Belgium took the initiative to publish a special edition of "Autogids" with nothing else but the competitive test between the FL2 and the X3.
It was a free issue and distributed through the LR dealers.

Post #27922 22nd Sep 2008 10:53 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Post Reply
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1