« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > United Kingdom > Number plates
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 3 123>
Print this entire topic · 
Sidetops

United Kingdom 2009 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Baltic Blue
Number plates

Good evening, does anyone know where I can purchase the shaped rear number plate for a Freelander 2, please?

Post #264994 27th May 2015 10:46 pm
taztastic

England 

Craigsplates

Post #264995 27th May 2015 10:50 pm
Sidetops

Thank you!

Post #264996 27th May 2015 10:57 pm
Steve D

United Kingdom 

Main dealers. Not much more and I think it looks better to have a main dealer name on the plate but that's just me.

Post #265005 28th May 2015 6:44 am
Sidetops

I agree. Was thinking of just having the Land Rover sign at the bottom, but may visit our local main dealer instead.

I have noticed some rear plates on Freelander 2 are a slightly larger shape than normal.

Post #265006 28th May 2015 6:47 am
nixonad

England 2013 LR2 TD4 GS Auto Firenze Red

I've changed mine but hvae put standard size and had been mounted in a black frame on front and rear, looks much better. They are also available in chrome. Sheep

Post #265007 28th May 2015 6:49 am
LR NUT

Scotland 2014 Freelander 2 TD4_e Dynamic Manual Fuji White

Steve D wrote:
Main dealers. Not much more and I think it looks better to have a main dealer name on the plate but that's just me.

I think its better to have no name on a plate. Why provide free advertising for any dealer / no plate maker Shocked

Yes I used to make plates when a student and I realise the law! However I have never heard of anyone getting nicked for not having a suppliers name on the bottom as long as you have the correct spacing and font you are fine.

I must have made thousands ... MY14 Kahn Converted Dynamic - Fuji White Ebony/Pimento Interior
MY15 Xenon Headlight Conversion

MY17 RRS SVR - Estoril Blue Cirrus/Ebony 🪣💺’s

Post #265009 28th May 2015 6:58 am
Landiroamer

United Kingdom 2015 Freelander 2 TD4_e SE Manual Orkney Grey

If the suppliers name isnt on the plate you wont get an MOT pass, Ive had that just recently, apparently it must state who made the plates up/supplied them so they can be contacted if someone is stopped with plates with numbers spaced out in the incorrect manner and the supplier can lose the right to make up plates in future if they dont abide by the rules.

Post #265011 28th May 2015 7:10 am
LR NUT

Scotland 2014 Freelander 2 TD4_e Dynamic Manual Fuji White

Yes I am aware of this as Steve D will confirm as he is a MOT tester. Never had any issues with MOT's up here and neither did any of my customers. We did used to get them to sign a disclaimer stating that the plates were technically now for "off road use only" Worst case you can always change plates for MOT if you have this issue Wink MY14 Kahn Converted Dynamic - Fuji White Ebony/Pimento Interior
MY15 Xenon Headlight Conversion

MY17 RRS SVR - Estoril Blue Cirrus/Ebony 🪣💺’s

Post #265012 28th May 2015 7:16 am
Steve D

United Kingdom 

Funnily enough, that's not true anymore - it was changed a while ago! As long as the correct typeface letters/spacing/background are correct there's no problem. However, if they are made to BSAU145d specification which includes the plate makers name and postcode they'll comply.

See section 6.3 (pages 142-146) on here. Thumbs Up https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/syst...hicles.pdf

Post #265015 28th May 2015 8:11 am
Steve D

United Kingdom 

LR NUT wrote:
Steve D wrote:

I think its better to have no name on a plate. Why provide free advertising for any dealer / no plate maker Shocked

So says the man driving around with K A H Non the back of his car! Laughing

Post #265016 28th May 2015 8:30 am
Sidetops

LR NUT wrote:
Steve D wrote:

I think its better to have no name on a plate. Why provide free advertising for any dealer / no plate maker

Can see your point, but my preference is to have a reputable dealer on the bottom of my plates. its a bit like carrying your weekly your shopping home in Aldi plastic bags, or Waitrose plastic bags Rolling Eyes Can you see where I'm coming from Rolling with laughter

Post #265017 28th May 2015 8:33 am
Landiroamer

United Kingdom 2015 Freelander 2 TD4_e SE Manual Orkney Grey

I suppose this is where the MOT isnt worth the paper its written on as the condition only applies at the time of the test and theres nothing to stop you going back home straight afterwards and swopping parts such as tyres, plates, lights, brake pads etc etc so in fact the car is nothing like it was presented at the test station?

I dont think they even take a photo of the car so they have proof of how the car was when it was tested just in case something serious happens a few hours afterwards with its bald tyres back on?? Shocked

The proper foolproof way would be for the tester to mark every item somehow to show that was the thing looked at by them at the test time?? But then the test would cost treble what it does now.

Post #265022 28th May 2015 10:24 am
RogB

England 2013 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Lux Auto Santorini Black

Sidetops wrote:
LR NUT wrote:
Steve D wrote:

I think its better to have no name on a plate. Why provide free advertising for any dealer / no plate maker

Can see your point, but my preference is to have a reputable dealer on the bottom of my plates. its a bit like carrying your weekly your shopping home in Aldi plastic bags, or Waitrose plastic bags Rolling Eyes Can you see where I'm coming from Rolling with laughter

nothing wrong with Aldi, no shame in saving a bit of cash to spend on more toys for the Land Rover Rolling with laughter

Post #265023 28th May 2015 10:28 am
Navigator

Scotland 

Sidetops wrote:
a bit like carrying your weekly your shopping home in Aldi plastic bags, or Waitrose plastic bags

Now that the plastic supermarket bags are charged for by a tax in Scotland people carry the groceries in whatever bag they can find. (Coming to england shortly too) Everyone can spread it - Anyone can catch it. Stay home - the life you save can be your own!

Post #265025 28th May 2015 10:38 am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 3 123>