Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > Maintenance & Modifications > Autosmart topaz = fab results with limited effort
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Yanwoo

2011 Freelander 2 SD4 XS Auto Galway Green
Autosmart topaz = fab results with limited effort

Did an extensive' exterior clean on my FL2 today; part of my ongoing efforts to reconnect with her Very Happy

Did a pre-wash with snow foam, 2 bucket method wash, clay with a G2 clay mitt, polish with AG super resin pro and finished up with autosmart topaz. Took about 4 hours in all. Didn't really do much with the wheels, just a quick clean.

The results? I don't think she has ever looked better! Is a stunning finish - the photos just don't do it justice.

Got an amazing shine from the topaz - and it was super easy to apply and buff. Way easier than the wax (collinite 476s) I've used before. I was sceptical but optimistic having read such positive reviews on detailingworld...but I think it has delivered (although I'm a newbie to this stuff so don't have experience with many products). Colour me impressed.

And the clay mitt was better for me than the clay bar I'd used previously, not just quicker but much more comfortable and painless.

Might consider getting a polishing machine for my next big clean, some areas where I think my paintwork would benefit from a big of gadgetry Smile FL2 2011 SD4 XS in Galway Green

Last edited by Yanwoo on 26th Apr 2015 8:50 am. Edited 1 time in total

Post #261730 25th Apr 2015 6:49 pm
Badger1970

United Kingdom 2013 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Lux Auto Baltic Blue

Looks good. I'm pleased to hear about your experience with the clay mitt, as I bought one last autumn and have yet to try it out. Got fed up with dropping the clay bar on the drive and having to lob the bloody thing away. Well done Thumbs Up Foraging near Gaydon....
覧覧覧覧覧覧覧
MY13 HSE Lux SD4, Baltic Blue - current, 30,000> miles without fault
MY12 HSE 2.2 SD4, Sumatra Black - gone after 10 months/43,000 fault-free miles

Post #261745 25th Apr 2015 8:35 pm
Yanwoo

had forgotten about that but that happened to me too! My hands ached from gripping which probably contributed to the 'drops'.

My read from detailingworld is the bars are *probably* better for picking up the contaminants but mitts are a good trade off for ease and speed.

Don't think I'll be using the rest of my bars Smile FL2 2011 SD4 XS in Galway Green

Post #261779 26th Apr 2015 8:49 am
Yanwoo

Forgot to mention one of advantages of topaz is it happily goes on plastics, trims etc. No need to carefully apply it around the edges.

In fact I deliberately applied it on my side mirror plastics to see how it fared, and did a good job of restoring blackness and gave a nice finish. Time will tell how durable it is for that though. FL2 2011 SD4 XS in Galway Green

Post #261781 26th Apr 2015 8:53 am
Yanwoo

...and the obligatory beading photo (courtesy of the wonderful British weather)

FL2 2011 SD4 XS in Galway Green

Post #261784 26th Apr 2015 9:19 am
j77

Scotland 

I might invest in some of this stuff, at the moment I use bilt hamber hydra wax and then put a coat of Gyeon Cure on. I'm pretty impressed with the slick to the touch feel and look, really brings out the paint flecks. But I think some topaz then Gyeon cure will bring Loire blue up a treat. 21MY Defender 90 S 3.0 D200

Post #261788 26th Apr 2015 9:33 am
frawdder

Scotland 2011 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Auto Santorini Black

Looking good Yanwoo Thumbs Up

+1 for clay mitt
Used for the 1st time a couple of weeks ago and made the job so much easier.
Also tried out PB black hole, did a good job of filling the light scratches still left after polishing passengers side (wife+daughter bags and zips).
Used the last of my wax so now on the lookout for a good wax/sealant, might give the topaz a try. Do they supply in smaller quantity than the 5L?

Post #261790 26th Apr 2015 9:54 am
Yanwoo

Thanks! I'm pleased with it Smile

I bought 1L from eBay as autosmart only seem to sell in 5L - although you need to be a bit careful as there's some talk of dodgy sellers...

I bought from ace valeting products who *seem* kosher and credible: http://www.ebay.co.uk/usr/ace-valeting-products

I guess I can't know 100% that what I've got is authentic, but it visually and olfactory seems to be as described by those who've bought direct from autosmart. FL2 2011 SD4 XS in Galway Green

Post #261791 26th Apr 2015 10:44 am
Yanwoo

j77 wrote:
I might invest in some of this stuff, at the moment I use bilt hamber hydra wax and then put a coat of Gyeon Cure on. I'm pretty impressed with the slick to the touch feel and look, really brings out the paint flecks. But I think some topaz then Gyeon cure will bring Loire blue up a treat.

those are both new to me...will add them to my list of things to try

so many products, such little time! FL2 2011 SD4 XS in Galway Green

Post #261793 26th Apr 2015 10:45 am
SYFL2

2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Stornoway Grey

Yanwoo wrote:
Thanks! I'm pleased with it Smile

I bought 1L from eBay as autosmart only seem to sell in 5L - although you need to be a bit careful as there's some talk of dodgy sellers...

I bought from ace valeting products who *seem* kosher and credible: http://www.ebay.co.uk/usr/ace-valeting-products

I guess I can't know 100% that what I've got is authentic, but it visually and olfactory seems to be as described by those who've bought direct from autosmart.

Thanks for that ordered some.

Post #261795 26th Apr 2015 11:08 am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1