Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > Wheels & Tyres > Wrong tyre fitted, should I complain.
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
Print this entire topic · 
wurzel153

2014 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Lux Auto Loire Blue

Spoke to the head office again today about my tyre.

The general manager says that he will not send somebody to me to change the tyre. He said that they spoke with the manager at Tetbury branch who is a nice bloke" and this manager says he did not refuse to take the tyre off (that's a lie).

I have two options according to the general manager.
1) Get the tyre changed locally and courier the old one back to them for a refund. They will cover courier costs.
2) drive to one of there own fitters which are miles away and they will change the tyre.

The general manager does not know why the Tetbury branch provided me with a receipt for a tyre I did not receive.

So in conclusion. Bathwick tyres have conned me and have refused to resolve the problem themselves. I was also told I should get the tyre back to them within 14 days.

I will inform trading standards and the bank and take it from there.

Post #259874 8th Apr 2015 5:33 pm
Steve D

United Kingdom 

I'd take option 1 but get it in writing first that you will get a full refund as well as courier costs.

Post #259884 8th Apr 2015 6:49 pm
BossBob

England 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Baltic Blue

Bathwick tyres didn't impress me when I asked them to swap a tyre from a steel spare to an alloy. They didn't even offer a price to do it. I drive by them to go to a small one site tyre fitter.

Post #260009 9th Apr 2015 8:24 pm
wurzel153

I definitely will not use them again, also my wife's family who have always used them will no longer do so and they will let there friends know.

I am still waiting for the email promised to me by the general manager acknowledging my right to a refund. Seems it takes Bathwick tyres a long time to write an email. Getting 'tyred' of sorting this.

Post #260023 9th Apr 2015 9:25 pm
cqr

England 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Auto Stornoway Grey

After being a mechanic for 16 years I learned it's hard to get a good name
But Censored easy to get a bad name
I'am surprised they would risk bad name for one tire, fools lol

Post #260025 9th Apr 2015 9:33 pm
Lightwater

Ukraine 2013 Freelander 2 2.0T SE Auto Fuji White

Any business is only at good as it's last happy customer.

It is important that friends and neighbours will get good service from the right business. Procrastination, mankind's greatest labour saving device!

Acoustic insulation ARB TPMS 3xARB air compressors After cooler Air tank On-board OCD pressure air/water cleaning Additional 50L fuel Carpet in doors ABE 2x1kg Waeco 28L modified fridge Battery 4x26ah Solar 120w Victron MPPT 100/20 DC-DC 18amps 175amp jumper plug Awning 6x255/60R18

Post #260141 10th Apr 2015 11:44 pm
Uncleron

Scotland 2009 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Bali Blue

Mmm - On thinking about this and if they are taking that long just to get a confirmation e-mail to you I would be very wary of flinging more money at this and rely on a refund from them any time soon without a battle especially if the specific tyre is more expensive fitted locally that they could 'allegedly' do it for.

Depending on how many miles it is I would probably be tempted to go up to 50 miles away to get another of their fitting centres to fit the correct tyre for free (After confirming the whole arrangement with them prior to going).

Pain in the a..!

Post #260216 11th Apr 2015 11:56 pm
wurzel153

Nearest fitter to me is 110 miles away.

If they don't send me email confirmation I could file a small claims procedure. Only problem with that is the defendant gets to pick the hearing location, (probably more than 110 miles away).

Even though they said I have 14 days to return, the legal timeframe is far far longer in this circumstance.

This should be so simple to resolve, if they agreed to send a fitter round or instruct a different local supplier to change it then we would all be happy. But they would rather con a customer, then lie to that customer, then make it difficult for the customer to resolve the issue.

And for what result?, to loose business!. Good work ethic.

Post #260230 12th Apr 2015 9:15 am
Lightwater

Ukraine 2013 Freelander 2 2.0T SE Auto Fuji White

It is worth making a claim. Ok, it is going to cost you, but you create a lot of administration & expense for the company, & this is the point. Be a pain in the ar-- & waste lots of their time, i.e. money. They may just eventually see the bad public relations issue. Procrastination, mankind's greatest labour saving device!

Acoustic insulation ARB TPMS 3xARB air compressors After cooler Air tank On-board OCD pressure air/water cleaning Additional 50L fuel Carpet in doors ABE 2x1kg Waeco 28L modified fridge Battery 4x26ah Solar 120w Victron MPPT 100/20 DC-DC 18amps 175amp jumper plug Awning 6x255/60R18

Post #260242 12th Apr 2015 10:26 am
taztastic

England 

Perhaps as well as having 'sponsor' banners, maybe Martin should set up an 'avoid' banner Laughing

Too many companies in this day and age don't realise the damage that can be done through negative publicity on forums and social media sites. There lack of communication suggests arrogance or very poor management, the latter being all too prevalent in many companies.
Keep your calm and pursue them, many will give up as they stall and then they get away it.

Post #260244 12th Apr 2015 10:33 am
Uncleron

Scotland 2009 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Bali Blue

Agree - I would also see a 200+ mile round trip as too far to resolve what is their issue.

If they were really going to pay up without a fight then it would be easy enough for them to pay a fitter or local tyre depot in advance to fit the tyre for you locally without you having to be further out of pocket first.

For the sake of the telephone call I think I would call Trading Standards advice line and ask them for their advice in your situation as there is clearly a breach of contract here.

Good luck.........

Post #260269 12th Apr 2015 2:14 pm
wurzel153

Update. All resolved, had wrong tyre removed by a different fitter, correct tyre put on £15 cheaper than before. The wife was driving past bathwick so dropped the Eco contact off and got a refund. What a faff.

Post #262568 2nd May 2015 6:29 pm
Steve D

United Kingdom 

Glad it all worked out for you. I bet you're relieved.

Post #262578 2nd May 2015 8:20 pm
wjohnm

United Kingdom 2011 Freelander 2 TD4 S Manual Sumatra Black

wurzel153 wrote:
Update. All resolved, had wrong tyre removed by a different fitter, correct tyre put on £15 cheaper than before. The wife was driving past bathwick so dropped the Eco contact off and got a refund. What a faff.

Well I regretted NOT using Bathwick as I went to the one nearly next door (ETB) after 1 hr wait, with no seat to wait on) they tyres were done, after paying they aborted the drive out.
They had fitted stick-on weights which fouled the caliper!!
Then when I got home I could not get the boot open - they had shut the spare wheel cover strap in the lock. No way of getting it open.
Fortunately when I drove across to see how they would get it fixed all the potholes here must have squashed the strap and it opened. Rolling Eyes

Still it seem minor inconvenience comparedto yours. FL2 11 S Black 😂
Gone Disco2 TD5 GS

Post #262725 4th May 2015 7:15 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12