Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > In Car Electronics > Premium Sound Poor (Meridian) on FL2
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 4 of 5 <12345>
Print this entire topic · 
pporocki

Poland 2014 Freelander 2 2.0T HSE Auto Santorini Black

As I understood this topic is about poor bass on Meridian 11 speakers set Smile.
I've quiet good bass with Alpine set.

Post #254241 21st Feb 2015 4:03 pm
Badger1970

United Kingdom 2013 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Lux Auto Baltic Blue

There is no problem with the bass on either the 11 or 17 speaker Meridian setup. The issues that are documented here are because of the input source (compressed bitrate), or user error...more often the latter, as they have not set the system up correctly in the first place. AFAIK, you cannot retrofit an Alpine part to a Meridian system - completely different setup. Happy to be proven wrong, naturally.... Foraging near Gaydon....
——————————————
MY13 HSE Lux SD4, Baltic Blue - current, 30,000> miles without fault
MY12 HSE 2.2 SD4, Sumatra Black - gone after 10 months/43,000 fault-free miles

Post #254243 21st Feb 2015 4:24 pm
taztastic

England 

Meridian system is awesome, tons of bass available Thumbs Up

Post #254251 21st Feb 2015 5:49 pm
Stuartc

Australia 2015 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Auto Aintree Green

No complaints with Meridian System, quite the opposite!
MY15 midline system has 13 speakers, it's amazing!
17 speaker model option only across the range in Australia.
None available in Australia when I ordered and I had choice of last production run so not an option available at all.

Post #255291 2nd Mar 2015 5:34 am
Lewis_d

United Kingdom 2014 Freelander 2 SD4 Dynamic Auto Loire Blue

Hi I'm a new member but have been following the story of the Meridian High line upgrade to Premium. Have managed to obtain all the hardware but still need the ccf upgrade. Took my to the 2014 Freelander 2 Dynamic to a garage to change CCF audio but was told they couldn't uprate it. After reading how STUARTC changed his I thought I'd try. Have bought a genuine DA Dongle but what next. Do I need Genuine SDD software to use the DA Dongle? Also what version and which CCF do I have to change?

Post #370345 16th Apr 2019 8:31 pm
Boxbrownie

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 i6 HSE Auto Stornoway Grey

Radio 4 sounds great on the Alpine system Laughing Regards

David

Lovely i6 has now gone, but not me......

Please let me know if anything in my post offends you, as I may wish to offend you again......

Post #370374 17th Apr 2019 9:09 am
Badger51

Australia 

Lewis_d wrote:
Hi I'm a new member but have been following the story of the Meridian High line upgrade to Premium. Have managed to obtain all the hardware but still need the ccf upgrade. Took my to the 2014 Freelander 2 Dynamic to a garage to change CCF audio but was told they couldn't uprate it. After reading how STUARTC changed his I thought I'd try. Have bought a genuine DA Dongle but what next. Do I need Genuine SDD software to use the DA Dongle? Also what version and which CCF do I have to change?

What you need is a diagnostic tool that is capable of editing the CCF. I have a feeling that a DA Dongle will not be able to do that.

Nick (Now Sold). 2008 Freelander 2 (Nazca Sand) SE TD4 Auto. Statutory write off & on WOVR for hail damage but still road legal.
171037Km as of 09/05/22
Superchips Bluefin Flash
Nanocom Evo II (also sold)

Post #370376 17th Apr 2019 9:26 am
Lewis_d

Thanks Nick.

Do you know what? I have followed the thread from STUARTC on the Meridian Premium upgrade but I'm missing info on what software to use to edit the ccf's. I tried my independent service garage but they didn't have any luck. So would like to fill all gaps on hardware needed and if I can purchase the software needed to do the edits myself or do I need to be an authorised garage to purchase a subscription to SSD.
Are there any other software packages that can edit my 2014 FL2 ccf's?

Post #370378 17th Apr 2019 9:38 am
Badger51

Australia 

It's not a software package, you need the interface to comunicate with the car as well. There are lots available, I personally use a Nanocom Evo but there are cheaper options. One of the site sponsers is gap-diagnostic.com, have a look around.

Cheers,

Nick (Now Sold). 2008 Freelander 2 (Nazca Sand) SE TD4 Auto. Statutory write off & on WOVR for hail damage but still road legal.
171037Km as of 09/05/22
Superchips Bluefin Flash

Post #370380 17th Apr 2019 9:52 am
Lewis_d

I have a genuine DA Dongle J2534 which arrived yesterday. I purchase it after reading an earlier thread on how STUARTC (Australia) edited his ccf's, but now need to connect with the FL2 to edit my ccf's. Maybe I've jumped in and bought the wrong interface? Help needed please with what hardware changes are needed for 2014 Dynamic with meridian highline to Premium upgrade. Plus software and interface to edit ccf's.

Darryl
2014 Freelander 2 Dynamic SD4

Post #370382 17th Apr 2019 10:06 am
Badger51

Australia 

Does you dongle (not personnal one) come with SSD & a usb cable to connect to a laptop? Do you have a link to what you bought? (Now Sold). 2008 Freelander 2 (Nazca Sand) SE TD4 Auto. Statutory write off & on WOVR for hail damage but still road legal.
171037Km as of 09/05/22
Superchips Bluefin Flash

Post #370383 17th Apr 2019 10:15 am
Lewis_d

It does come with the usb lead but have just contacted Diagnostic Associates Ltd about the DA-Dongle and I need a JLR SDD subscription to run the software needed. Jumped the gun on this one. Does the Nanocom evo2 need JLR SDD SOFTWARE to connect to the car?

Post #370384 17th Apr 2019 10:34 am
Badger51

Australia 

No, the Nanocom doesn't use SSD. It would depend on the year of your vehicle as well, because if I remember correctly, the Nanocom only supports up to 2012 at moment.

https://www.nanocom-diagnostics.com/produc...7-2012-kit (Now Sold). 2008 Freelander 2 (Nazca Sand) SE TD4 Auto. Statutory write off & on WOVR for hail damage but still road legal.
171037Km as of 09/05/22
Superchips Bluefin Flash

Post #370385 17th Apr 2019 10:42 am
Brit plumber

United Kingdom 

Go on eBay, search for JLR SDD and look for a U.K. based supplier based I think in Liverpool. He charges Β£50 for a genuine instal with genuine password. Non of this hacked crap where you have to turn updated off etc. He also installs it to using a remote access app and I recommend him 100%. He will also work out any issues months later ( I had an issue 3 months later which he fixed in minutes). If you can’t find it let me know. I not affiliated to him in anyway and don’t want to openly tout his business on the forum as I imagine it’s against forum rules.

Post #370416 17th Apr 2019 8:22 pm
Vanny

United Kingdom 2013 Freelander 2 SD4 XS Auto Santorini Black

The DA Dongle is the best thing to use with SDD, it has a couple of limitations over a VCI but it's the genuine dealer tool. Your problem will be getting SDD installed, then learning how to use it including its bugs and glitches.

Sounds like BritPlumber has given you some ideas where to get a half decent version of the software to go with your hardware.

If you where thinking of getting something like a VCX Nano clone then in my experience they aren't worth the money. Mine came with faulty discs, no links to download, and the seller couldn't have been less helpful.

Post #370454 18th Apr 2019 2:21 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 4 of 5 <12345>