Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > In Car Electronics > iphone 6+ and new 2014 LR2 HSE (cannot play music)
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
mmalto

United States 
iphone 6+ and new 2014 LR2 HSE (cannot play music)

hi!

brand new 2014 lr2 owner (just picked up yesterday; former bmw owner). had a question about how the iPhone 6+ works with the touch screen. currently running 8.2.

i had no issues syncing my phone via bt. what i don't get is how to control the iPhone once it's connected via bt. there is no browse button, it seems i have to start the music on my iPhone and then it plays through the sound system. is that by design?

i have the opposite issue when connected via the usb cable. i'm able to browse my iPhone, but no matter what i select it just sits there and never actually plays anything. i can click the -> play button and it highlights and then de-highlights and does nothing. again, is this by design?

i hooked up an old 60gb iPod and had no issues through the usb, so I'm assuming this has something to do with the iPhone. i use iTunes match so i'm wondering if it doesn't like the fact that the music is only downloaded when you play it.

any help/suggestions are appreciated. i haven't found anything specifically on this issue.

ciao,
mike.

Post #238978 25th Oct 2014 11:00 pm
Badger1970

United Kingdom 2013 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Lux Auto Baltic Blue

I find iTunes match and streaming over bluetooth a problem as well. To get around the very noticeable lag, I created a playlist first, then downloaded said playlist to iphone, and had no problem from that point on. The only outstanding issue when streaming over Bluetooth is you can only skip tracks, not FF/RW like you can when connected via USB.

Hope that helps a bit. Foraging near Gaydon....
覧覧覧覧覧覧覧
MY13 HSE Lux SD4, Baltic Blue - current, 30,000> miles without fault
MY12 HSE 2.2 SD4, Sumatra Black - gone after 10 months/43,000 fault-free miles

Post #238992 26th Oct 2014 7:53 am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1