Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > Maintenance & Modifications > Changed the glow plugs and......
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Offshore1987

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Auto Baltic Blue
Changed the glow plugs and......

Hi all

People might remember that I was having a ruff starting idle with a kind of miss fire type problem when starting cold, not sure if its fixed yet until I start it in the morning when its cold. Needless to say that all 4 of the glow plugs were dead! So the trucks been starting with no heat at all Laughing Hoping now its got 4 new plugs fitted ( thanks to my dad ) that it might now start better, it never struggled to start just idled crap and some smoke sometimes but not always.

Will see in the morning, touch wood

P.s what a job though not for the light hearted!

On another note can someone tell me what the screws or bolds are that go under the front bumper to hold all the body work on please? As all my what ever they were have fallen out! Totally gone lol And also someone has either nicked my towing eye cover or its fallen off Mad Im sure it was on there a month ago grr

Cheers

Daniel Freelander 57 plate XS Blue Auto

Post #235446 21st Sep 2014 7:30 pm
Soul Fan

England 2013 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Lux Auto Havana

Hi all, I've managed to change the glow plugs today. Many thanks to fredastaire for his post. Bow down Whilst performing this task I came across a possible future problem, which I shall share here. Once I had removed the air filter box I noticed the cables running from/to the fuse box were chaffing. (See photos) Fortunately the insulation was still intact, just, so I wrapped insulation tape around the area and then split and positioned some old hose over the cables to prevent further damage. Thought it was worth a post . Thumbs Up

Back in the fold after 8 yrs. V8 Disco 300 series-Gone.07 Freelander 2 HSE Auto Rimini Red.
Gone.
2013 HSE Lux Havana ( Brown! )

Post #236349 29th Sep 2014 7:42 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Post Reply
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1