« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > North America > Software update in North America
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Quagmire

Canada 2007 LR2 i6 HSE Auto Tambora Flame
Software update in North America

I was just at the dealership for my 6 month maintenance. I mentioned to them about the computer reset/vehicle not starting issue and the automatic wiper doing a wipe on start up. I told them that Europe a computer update for these issues. He said he'd never heard of such the update or other people having these problems. Is he right about the software update not being available in North America? Am I the only person having these issues? (I don't think so.)

Post #7794 2nd Oct 2007 8:05 pm
u2fan1967

United States 2007 LR2 i6 SE Auto Stornoway Grey
Haven't seen those problems either

Hmm, after 2000 miles I haven't seen those problems. Seems to be mostly with folks with early model vehicles in Europe.

Anyone I ask around here also thinks I'm nuts. I'm in the US and my serial number on my LR2 is 047709 so its came much later off the manufacturing line so perhaps what ever software updates that are needed are already in there by the time I got my vehicle.

Post #7797 2nd Oct 2007 8:51 pm
Quagmire

My vehicle was in the first production run for North America and came before LR updated their software (probably around April). Probably only the first (and maybe second) North American production runs would have this problem.

Post #7801 2nd Oct 2007 10:05 pm
Charliecloud

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 i6 HSE Auto Sumatra Black

I have a 2007 3.2 i6 - 130k and full service history. My car along with other 16 petrol cars in the UK suffers from 'hot start' issues, taken 2-5 attempts to fire up when hot. It's an intermittent fault as some times it's fine. Only been noticeable in the summer months.

Any i6 models in the US suffer from this fault and more importantly has anyone had this issue fixed by a software update ? If not a software issue, then what has it been diagnosed as?

Thanks

Post #233830 4th Sep 2014 8:39 pm
egipp

Australia 2009 Freelander 2 i6 SE Auto Santorini Black

Can't say for the USA, but here in Australia my 2009 i6 has never had any problems in starting whatever the temperature - from memory, the lowest has been 1 degree celsius, the highest 44 degrees celsius - and I'm not aware that any software updates re engine starting problems have been installed on the car.

Post #234043 6th Sep 2014 11:30 pm
Quagmire

There was definitely a software update that fixed this problem at some point.

IIRC, the problem was that sometimes if you pressed the start button, the vehicle would not start, but if you ejected the key and tried again the car would eventually start. I seem to remember that the trip computer would also reset at some point during the process.

This problem was common on early models but was fixed sometime in 2008. I have not experienced the problem since I got a computer update (and I do still own the vehicle). There was talk all over the site about both I6s and the diesels having this same problem.

If you've got the "won't start/trip reset" issue as described above, then I would suggest talking to your LR dealer again (or perhaps finding a more competent one). There is a fix for this issue out there.

Post #234096 7th Sep 2014 4:52 pm
Charliecloud

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 i6 HSE Auto Sumatra Black

You have described the systems that my car suffers from exactly.It's not every time,but 3 out of 5 mostly. So I think I will see if my local Indy knows anything about the software fix

Post #234109 7th Sep 2014 7:58 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1