Home > Australia & New Zealand > Newbie with some questions
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Ant's M/L Crisis

Australia 
Newbie with some questions

Hi all, Ant here.

I was wondering if I could call on your wealth of knowledge on a matter or two Smile

I will be placing an order for a manual TD4 FL2 MY14 or 15 very soon as from what I've been reading the new Discovery Sport doesn't really get my excited.

The new wagon will be used as an all rounder with some off roading and touring planned more often than not. But for the life of me I cannot find any form of lift either here or oversea's. I have emailed all the places that had a set of lift spacers for the FL1 mostly in the UK but nada for the FL2. I thought I struck gold on Ebay when MRT Performance were selling a set of lift springs from Kings Springs for the FL2 but they got the advert wrong which they only figured out when I called to confirm. So can someone please point me in the right direction even if it's for a set of the 20mm poly spacers I've seen a few people have had made?

Thanks and keep on truckin

Post #231422 12th Aug 2014 6:24 am
Aussie Battler

Australia 2009 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Auto Stornoway Grey
welcome Ant

Welcome Ant
If you search this site or AULRO you will find posts about the spacers ,there is nothing else available .I own a series 11A SWB in retirement and had a hilux 4wd work ute , the FL2 would eat the hilux on and off road and fuel economy .I take the FL2 places that I would not even think about in the hilux .comparing the FL2 to the SWB is a bit difficult ,the swb had terrific ground clearance and approach and departure angles but did not have the modern traction control system and required a certain technique off road, (on road required ear plugs and gritted teeth)the FL2 has much less ground clearance and approach and departure angles but a very sohpisticated traction control system , so unless you want to climb logs and large rocks the FL2 works just as well but with a very different driving technique .I hope you enjoy your new FL2 as they are a very underated four wheel drive vechicle ,except for those of us fortunate enough to own one
Doug

Post #231438 12th Aug 2014 10:28 am
Ant's M/L Crisis

Australia 

Thanks very much for the reply Doug Very Happy It's great to have confirmed everything I have read about the FL2 from an owner who can draw a real world comparisons with other very well respected vehicles! I have been researching 4WD's for years and to be honest almost pulled the trigger on a new Jeep Unlimited Sport CRD 6 Speed Manual but the reliability issues, fuel consumption and ride was a concern. However pop an extra 10K into it and you have an offroad weapon but that's 60k plus which brings me to the FL2 Thumbs Up

Post #231441 12th Aug 2014 10:49 am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1