« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > Off Topic > Plusnet Broadband & Calls
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
dunkley201

United Kingdom 2010 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Stornoway Grey
Plusnet Broadband & Calls

I have been with Plusnet for a couple of years now and I know several forum members use the same. I have had minimal problems with Plusnet except for the failure of a router after about 6 months which was replaced quickly. I have been on 10Gb monthly BB allowance costing £12.99.

Today I noticed on a USwitch email flyer that EE are offering unlimited BB & calls for £2.50 monthly. Just below this I saw Plusnet were offering a similar deal. So I called Plusnet to check what they could offer. Apparently as I am on a steam age rural exchange, I cannot get the £2.50 deal. However, I did get an 18 month deal at £6.50 with unlimited BB. So it was worth the phone call to save £6.49 per month and get unlimited! My speeds, checked 10 minutes ago, are 5.9Mb download and 0.3Mb upload. No way earth shattering, I know, but as good as I can get in darkest Nottinghamshire.

Bob 10MY (Sept 09) TD4 HSE Auto in Stornoway Grey (Now Gone)

08 FL2 TD4 SE Manual in Rimini Red (Now Gone)

Post #230098 28th Jul 2014 8:30 pm
piattj

Wales 2011 Freelander 2 SD4 GS Auto Baltic Blue

I've been with Plusnet for 10+ years after a recommendation from a colleague. I have found they deliver a good reliable service and it's good to deal with an organisation that is UK based and take some care over how they treat you.
I was called by Plusnet recently and, after a short conversation, came away with a better service at a reduced cost, at Plusnet's instigation, not me trying to wangle a deal. Granted I had to sign up for 12 months but I'd be happy to do that anyway Thumbs Up
I help friends, neighbours and family with their IT/networking problems and have recommended Plusnet a lot. ...for which I get a discount from Plusnet! Ta! Thumbs Up
Compared to the relatively poor service others get from (eg) T**k T**k, Sk*, B* etc, Plusnet are a shining beacon of goodness ...

Be true to yourself. That way happiness lies...

Post #230124 29th Jul 2014 8:33 am
Dartman the one

England 

All of which is quite amazing as they were bought out by BT some time ago, BT allows them to run as an autonomous company and very much hands off. Perhaps the reason for their success is the advice they once gave me, never report a BB fault, find a problem with the phone line, legally BT have to fix the line or pay, you have no right to BB my PC is slightly to the right of Genghis
2012 HSE SD4 In Orkney Grey now gone, best car ever.

Post #230149 29th Jul 2014 10:25 am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1