« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > Technical > Rear camera
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
LR NUT

Scotland 2014 Freelander 2 TD4_e Dynamic Manual Fuji White
Rear camera

On my 2014 Dynamic the rear camera doesn't appear to show the shaded area required for tailgate access, the user options or hitch assist! I have got a funny feeling its set up via the sat nav and I've missed a step out. Also is it possible to view the rear camera when the car is in forward motion ? The parking sensor dash switch does not exist on a manual as it's replaced by the Eco stop start button Rolling Eyes MY14 Kahn Converted Dynamic - Fuji White Ebony/Pimento Interior
MY15 Xenon Headlight Conversion

MY17 RRS SVR - Estoril Blue Cirrus/Ebony 🪣💺’s

Post #219698 16th Mar 2014 10:14 pm
Wing

England 2013 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Lux Auto Santorini Black

Without looking back in my user manual, there is a setting via the infotainment system to activate the shaded areas. IIRC it's on the same screen where you set up 'hitch assist' and there are three options, one for hitch assist, another for park assist and the last being the shaded warning area for reversing, showing a yellow, amber and eventually red section in relation to proximity of the reversing sensors and the rear view camera.
No doubt there will be a work around for having the camera on while not in reverse, but it certainly isn't a user option.

Hope this helps! Thumbs Up

Post #219721 17th Mar 2014 11:08 am
rchrdleigh

England 2011 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Manual Baltic Blue

With the rear camera on the screen - touch anywhere on the screen to bring up the options of park assist, parking sensors or tow hitch.

Post #219729 17th Mar 2014 12:35 pm
LR NUT

Thanks Chaps Thumbs Up knew i was missing something out Laughing Still cant access the shaded area for the tailgate option, will have a better play around with it at the weekend. One thing I have noticed is that the rear camea is a bit grainy, is this normal or should it be crystal clear Whistle MY14 Kahn Converted Dynamic - Fuji White Ebony/Pimento Interior

Post #219915 19th Mar 2014 9:39 am
LR NUT

Bit of a nudge.... I still can't seem to activate the shaded area for the tailgate access Rolling Eyes MY14 Kahn Converted Dynamic - Fuji White Ebony/Pimento Interior

Post #222063 13th Apr 2014 8:19 pm
GJH0702

United Kingdom 2011 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Manual Sumatra Black

Make certain your keep the lens for the camera clean, I wipe the lens on mine every couple of days or more often if wet- picture quality will improve then . 2011 XS,Sumatra Black, GONE MARCH 2014- RR Evoque Prestige 5 door ,MY 2014,Loire Blue, Silver Roof, Panoramic roof.
MY 2016 Disco Sport HSE Auto Scotia Grey,REJECTED
Mercedes E220D AMG line with air suspension(Gone)
DS 200 SE Dynamic my 21 (Gone)
DS 200 SE Dynamic my 22 (Gone)
Audi Q5 40TDI S line

Post #222081 14th Apr 2014 6:28 am
wizking

England 2013 Freelander 2 SD4 XS Auto Indus Silver

Don't know if it works on yours but, hold your finger on the top middle of screen for 3 seconds, then top left of screen for 3 seconds. Then you will get a password screen (password 7,5,1).
This will let you into the menus. Find the reversing camera and this will stay on even when travelling forward until you push any other button (well, works on the RRS infotainment system).

Post #222082 14th Apr 2014 7:07 am
Wing

England 2013 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Lux Auto Santorini Black

Handbrake on, stick car in reverse and you'll see the rear view via the camera. Touch the screen and you should see three windows appear on the right. One for the reverse assist, one for reverse proximity and another for the hitch assist.
When they are not active, they will be greyed out.
To activate, simply touch the required window until you see colour appear in the display, then try it out by reversing up to an object.
The reverse assist isn't for tailgate access, is just for proximity to objects when reversing and will show yellow, amber and red shaded areas as you reverse closer to obstructions directly behind and slightly to the side of you FL2. If you stop the car when the shaded area just turns red, it will leave you with approximately 1ft of space between you and the obstruction, which is usually enough to open your tailgate unless it's a wall higher than the rear screen. Thumbs Up

Camera is a bit low res and can be grainy in low light, but it helps to give it a wipe when you walk past.

Last edited by Wing on 14th Apr 2014 9:41 am. Edited 2 times in total

Post #222087 14th Apr 2014 9:34 am
rchrdleigh

England 2011 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Manual Baltic Blue

If you look at the outer yellow dotted line on the rear view camera you will notice at the end nearest the vehicle the line is solid with a solid line at 90 degrees to the main line. The 90 degree line is the indication as to how close you can reverse to the obstacle and still open the tailgate.

Post #222088 14th Apr 2014 9:36 am
LR NUT

Thank you gents Thumbs Up wiz I didn't know this could be done on the RRS will try it on the dynamic tomorrow pal Thumbs Up MY14 Kahn Converted Dynamic - Fuji White Ebony/Pimento Interior

Post #222315 16th Apr 2014 8:36 pm
wizking

England 2013 Freelander 2 SD4 XS Auto Indus Silver

If it doesn't work like I said, try holding finger on the top left hand corner for 15 seconds until extra menu appears.

Post #222400 17th Apr 2014 8:15 pm
npinks

United Kingdom 

did you find a way to activate the rear camera in motion

a enoque i had you could but looking on the same satnav on the FL2 the button is swapped with a power icon, not the button you press to go into the mood lighting and external cameras Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Post #234205 8th Sep 2014 3:35 pm
LR NUT

No luck yet ..... The evoque we have in the family also works all the time if selected Big Cry MY14 Kahn Converted Dynamic - Fuji White Ebony/Pimento Interior

Post #234212 8th Sep 2014 4:18 pm
Bob

United Kingdom 

Going back to this thread's original question about the missing shaded area to show tailgate opening distance, my 13MY used to show it but no longer does.

I have tried all the combinations of on screen options without success. I am now wondering whether a software update was done last year during the service. Seems a strange thing to delete though.

The 15MY Quick Start Guide still shows it as well as saying that you can cancel the camera display at any time by briefly touching the screen. That doesn't work either and I really wish it did. At night after a wet journey I find the screen image is almost useless due to dirt and distorsion of the image by water droplets. Much easier to use the door mirrors but the glare from the screen makes it difficult to see the LH one.

Click image to enlarge

Post #253604 17th Feb 2015 6:25 pm
IZON

Germany 2015 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Lux Auto Indus Silver

I asked myself the same question about this shaded area, but now I think the yellow solid corner marks are these tail door acces guidelines. I think also that these are better seen on dark and grey enviroment instead of a shady grey areas

Post #253676 18th Feb 2015 8:13 am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1